“Motel 6 Port Allen” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Baton Rouge-Port Allen

You added Motel 6 Baton Rouge-Port Allen to your Saves list
Motel 6 Baton Rouge-Port Allen
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2800 I-10 Frontage Rd, I-10 at Exit 151, Port Allen, LA 70767   |
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Port Allen
Memphis, Tennessee
“Motel 6 Port Allen”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Spend the few extra dollars and stay elsewhere. No lights on the parking lot. Very dark. Strip club and adult book store on one side and honky tonk bar on the other. Non smoking room smelled like an ash tray. Horrible beds, no amenities, dirty bathroom. No phone(broken), 4 bucks for Wi fi. Drink machine empty. Could go on, but enough said. Other than that it was OK.

Room Tip: Spend a few extra bucks around the corner.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

This motel, while generally in a nice area, did not make us feel safe upon arrival. The motel is located next to an adult book store and a strip club. The adult book store and strip club are only accessible via the motel's parking lot. We were staying at the motel for a night of sleep while driving from Texas to Florida. We arrived at midnight. The motel was very active with females and cars in the parking lot. Security was parked out front. Night clerk was behind a locked door and window. I have NEVER had to transact a stay at a hotel/motel thru a window drawer. Air conditioning cover was hanging off of upon arrival. Room was supposed to be a non-smoking room. Room reeked of smoke and sex. Ash tray was present in room. I will never stay in a Motel 6 again. My two kids were horrified. They will never stay in a Motel 6 again. While cheap... I guess I got what I paid for. NEVER WILL I MAKE THAT MISTAKE AGAIN!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

This place is dirty and unsafe. The maids could of at least cleaned the fecal matter off the toilet. I check out just as soon as I checked in. I got a fill refund. This place is just ghetto. Don't stay here. The front desk lady was only interested in taking a cigarette break. People was coming to the front desk for towels. And the towels look dirty and the bed sheets look dirty. Just nasty.

• Stayed March 2013
Winnsboro, Louisiana, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

My husband and I stayed here recently because we attended a LSU football game that was at night. We live about 2.25 hours northwest of Baton Rouge. We waited until the last minute to book a room so we were not left with many options. This motel was very affordable. I figured since it was for less than a day then why not take the chance. I was surprised by the cleanliness of the motel. The rooms were simple but for a short stay that was fine with me. I would definitely recommend this motel for someone that is on a budget or someone traveling through the area just needing a place to rest for the night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

We were driving from Florida to Texas and needed a cheap place to stop so after looking up rates and at the interstate hotel coupon books, this was the best rate so we decided to stop. It's not in the most attractive of areas but it got the job done. There isn't much at the exit except for a few fuel stations and fast food restaurants so don't expect much in regards to available options/services/shops.

The hotel itself is good enough for a quick stop. The rooms are recently renovated with wood floors, new bedding, accent walls, marble bathroom vanity, and flat screen HDTVs. For a cheap hotel, the room was really nice and comfortable. Aside from the expected dismal towels, the room was good and what you need to crash for a night.

The pool area and exterior was really nice; new landscaping, clean, and attractive. We didn't have time to use the pool but we went and looked at it and it was very clean and well maintained.

If we do this drive again and need a quick place to stop, we'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the courtyard so you're not facing the noisy interstate or parking lot.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

My fiancé and I were enroute to Texas and needed a place to stay. The price was reasonable--about $50/night. The price soon turned unreasonable when we saw the room. There were hairs in the bathtub and on the toilet. And there was mystery dirt on the bedsheets.

Security patrols the area. And for good reason.

We stuck around long enough to get a shower, then checked right back out.

The lady at the front desk was friendly at least and issued us a full refund without trouble.

But please, just don't stop. You'd be better to sleep at a truckstop

• Stayed November 2011
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

The motel is not as pictured on Motel 6 website. The photos are misleading because the pool is tiny. If you can find the bathroom that looks like the photo in the website, I guess you win a prize. The floors in the rooms are sticky. The rooms are dirty and smell. Stay away!!

Room Tip: Right next to interstate and truck stop.
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 Baton Rouge-Port Allen? Share your experiences!