“Good Down Home BBQ” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 35 Restaurants in Port Allen
Cuisines: Barbecue
“Good Down Home BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Never knew this place existed until we heard the commercial on the radio. Drove 20 miles to try it and was not dissapointed. We liked the brisket, ribs, loaded potato casserole, and the smokie bbq sauce. Beans were ok but needed more smoke flavor, turkey was bland did not have a smoke flavor. Bread was a dissapoint, and so was the bread pudding , they have other great looking dishes. The owners were very friendly and made sure we were satisfied. Over all a great place to eat! . Looking forward to trying their seafood .

Port Charlotte, Florida
“Wonderful local eatery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

Excellent service and very good food. People were very friendly and went out of their way to make sure we were satisfied with everything. Clean casual dining. Would return if in the area again.

Visited June 2014
Westlake, Louisiana
“To good for words!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

I don't usually do reviews but this time I felt I had to! We stumbled on this place while driving around and we will definitely be going back! It was amazing! If you like any of the chain BBQ places such as Outlaw's then you will love this place because it was five times better. It was one of those places you walk into looking from the outside like it might be a mistake but man it turned out to be a diamond in the rough!

Visited June 2014
Phoenix
“Have to get the Potato with Etouffee and Fried Shrimp”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

There aren't a whole lot of restaurants where you eat something and your left just hoping you get the chance to do it again (unless it costs a fortune). THIS is one of those places. A co-worker brought me here while I was in town for business last Oct and had the Potato with etouffe and fried shrimp. Well, I knew I was full half way into it, and still finished the whole thing. Naturally it was my last day there and I didn't have time to go back again.

I was in town for business again last week and made a point to go here again and get the same thing. It was just as good as the first time, and the other 2 people I took said the same thing.

This is certainly one of your best bangs to the buck and a must do if you can!

Visited May 2014
Amarillo, Texas
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

This place was recommended by the desk clerk at the hotel and he wasn't wrong. The food is excellent. Don't be fooled by the appearance from outside. The food is fresh and plentiful.

Visited April 2014