“Half night sleep” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Plaquemine
Austin, Texas, USA
“Half night sleep”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Battery went out in the fire alarm had to change room 12:30 am. The clerk could not change the batterys. I think if the clerk can't change the battery then a maintain man should be on call 24hours. Thanks

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

36 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

my fiancé and I got a room at best western, and the staff consisted of some of the rudest people I have even came in contact with. We payed in cash so we had to put down a 100.00 deposit, and then specifically asked for a smoking room to keep from us having to go down stairs every few hours. We stayed 2 nights and the room was in my fiancées name, he works at a plant in the area and had to leave for work at 6 am our final morning there, I was going to sleep in and leave at check out time (11:00 am) so the night before check out we went to the front desk to make sure they would allow me to pick up the deposit since it was not in my name. The guy at the front desk okayed it and we went about our night. The following morning I went to check out, return the key, an get our $100.00 deposit back. The SAME man proceeded to tell me that he could not give me the deposit back because he knew we smoked in the room (in which we had asked for a smoking room). I asked him why he had not told us that last night when we addressed the situation to him, and he said he didn't know we had smoked in the room until that final morning. He said he came into our room and seen the cigarettes, and that it was NOT a smoking room. I was asleep, if he had entered the room, and he most certainly did not knock or it would have woken me up. I feel completely invaded knowing that a stranger entered my room, while I was alone and sleeping. I also felt as if he had taken advantage of me because I am a young female, and he knew my fiancé was not there to defend me in the situation. He gave me 50.00 dollars back but not the full amount. Seemed like a huge rip off. I would never go to that hotel again.

• Stayed October 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

My family and I stayed there one night cause our Air went out in our home. It was close to my husbands job and the kids school. The hotel itself is not bad at all a lil pricey for its location but it's not bad at all. Hotel very nice and clean. We opens the air to adjust it and it have a bug crawling in there twice. And we needed an extra blanket and when we did get one it had ciggarettes burn holes and cuts in the blanket.... Besides that EVERYTHING else was very nice. Oh and they have an awesome breakfast in the morning

• Stayed August 2012
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

Room was nice and clean and spacious the staff was great.Had plenty of hot water for a nice shower did not eat the breakfast so I can not comment on that.Had a work out room and pool didn't use that either but it is there.Trust me when I say that this is the best place to stay when in this area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

The best Western Plaquemine is the best place to stay in the area. I spent two three day stints ther while doing work at an industrial facility nearby. The outside is clean fresh and appealing and located just outside of Baton Rouge and very close to many industrail facilities. The hotel staff are all very helpful and friendly , even offering to let me use their personal computer when the Business Center computer wasnt working right. The rooms are spacious and clean and also equipped with microwave, mini fridge and hair dryer. The carpet and sofa had stains of unknown origin which were suspect. The bed was comfortable but a bit firm for my liking - not bad just a personal thing - plenty comfy though. The place was quiet as was the town. Everything shuts down around 8 except the Wal Mart so dont plan on a party unless you bring it yourself or drive to Port Allen or Baton Rouge. the only drawback here was the train that passes often and blows the horn incessantly. Once asleep I didnt hear it but others complained about it. All in all when I go back that way I will use Best Western Plaquemine Inn again.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the highway and elevator are quieter
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Niskayuna, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012 via mobile

If you are looking for a place to vacation do not go to Plaqumine for it is only an industrial town located near oil refineries and train tracks. Having said that, the Best Western was a great surprise! We only stayed one night but the rooms were newly renovated and very nice. Clean bathrooms and a great continental breakfast of sausage and eggs made the shot stay bearable.

• Stayed January 2012
Alexandria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

Well maintained property. Great rooms and immaculately clean. Front desk staff was very friendly and was helpful with directions to various shopping and local dining. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN Plaquemine Inn? Share your experiences!