“Stinky!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Pineville
Livingston
“Stinky!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2007

I was very disappointed in this place. They charged me over $150 a night to stay in this room, which would have been alright IF the room would have been ok. We got out of the elevator to go to our room and the smell immediately hit us. We got a non smoking room that was AWFUL. It was not all that clean either. We will be checking out tonight and finding another room for the rest of our stay.

Stayed June 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
New Orleans, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2006

This Sleep Inn could have gotten a better rating, however, the smells that overtake you in the room will ruin your entire experience. The musty, stale smell permeates your nostrils even while you are sleeping. Putting the air condition on made the smell even worse and unbearable. I can't say anything good about the free breakfast. I have stayed in several hotels in this price range and had much, much better food and a much better variety. The juices were sour and rancid.

The good thing I can say is the staff was extremely nice and helpful. Every person at the front desk went out of their way to be helpful. For example, the ice machine on the first floor was empty and I needed ice during my breakfast. There is no ice machine on the second floor, only on the third floor. The front desk attendant, George went up to the third floor (without me asking) and got me a cup of ice. He also gave me helpful directions to where I was going that morning. The breakfast buffet attendant was constantly asking people if they needed something with a smile on her face.

• Liked — Friendly staff
  • Disliked — Smell in the room
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2003

As were on our way to New Orleans we stayed the night at the Sleep Inn in Pineville, LA which is a suburb of Alexandria. The hotel was new, clean, and in a quiet location. They had security cameras in the parking lot and you could watch your car from your television. The night clerk was very friendly and informative. The continental breakfast was well stocked and they had a room in which we could use their computer. We were all very happy with our stay here and would stay again if in the area.

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!