“Average” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Pineville
Atlanta area
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I've stayed in this hotel twice. The first time was in 2009. It was a very nice stay and would have recommended it to anyone, however, my stay in Aug of 2013 was different than my stay in 2009. The price is decent, but the rooms just weren't very clean. The parking lot would fill up fast in the evenings leaving no where to park. The hotel location is in Pineville. There are food places and shopping within walking distance.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Lynn C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thank You, Renee, for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. Your input and perspective will be used to help us grow and improve.

We are looking forward to the opportunity to see you again.

Safe Travels,
Lynn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We traveled to Pineville, LA for my nephews wedding and chose Sleep Inn for easy access. We got there on a Friday and my sister had asked that they put some "thank you" boxes in our rooms for when we arrived. The staff sweetly did so and we received a welcome suprise when we walked into our rooms. Unfortunately that is where the service ended. The housekeeper came by our room as our group was making plans for the day and asked for our wet towels. We gave them to her and continued our planning. We left the hotel about 10:00 and returned about 2:30 and the room hadn't been cleaned. We walked in to unmade beds and a stack of towels on the counter. Very disappointing. So if you wish to have a room that gets straightened on a daily basis, I suggest you go elsewhere. Making my own bed on vacation is one of those things I look forward to not doing while I am in a hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank You, Miche, for taking the time to post your opinion on Trip Advisor.

We do appreciate all comments and use your perspective to continue to improve and grow.

After researching your concerns, I felt it important to inform you of our housekeeping rules and standards. When cleaning a guest room, it is our absolute, top priority to protect the guest and their belongings, therefore, if you have any personal belongings, say on the bed or arranged on the bathroom counter, our housekeeping staff will not touch it or move it to make the bed or set up new room compliments. Also, If you have your "Do Not Disturb" sign positioned on your door, we will honor that request and not enter the room.

We all strive each day to make all of our guests feel as comfortable as possible during their stay at Sleep Inn and Suites. We will use your feedback to help us accomplish this.

Hope to see you again soon.

Safe Travels
Alexandria, Louisiana, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

The staff were nice and the beds comfortable but that was about it for this hotel. If you are looking for just a place to sleep, this is not bad. But if you want to take your family somewhere decent, then pass on the Sleep Inn in Pineville. The baseboards were quite dirty, the room was humid and musty, the remote control in my room didn't work and there was sand in the bottom of the pool.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Mounds, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed 2 nights in a Double Bed room. The beds were very comfortable and I got a good nights sleep. The shower curtain had mold on it. The breakfast was no good. They did have a waffle maker and we made waffles one morning. The next morning we went out for breakfast. We asked for extra towels the next morning because we have 3 small children staying in our room and 4 towels wasn't enough. They told us we had to bring them our dirty towels to the front desk. The swimming pool was ok. Our remote didn't work to the tv. We asked and got more batteries from the front desk but it didn't seem to help.

Vidalia, La
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

When checking in, Jackie seemed like it was a bother to check us in. We were checking in on choice Points. Choice Hotels says that as a member you can request a 2 pm check out. I requested a 2 pm check out when making reservations. When checking in, Jackie said no that I would have to talk to the GM about it and she would not be in until 9 or 9:30 the next morning. Also it was a truck parked under the porteche all afternoon in the fire line. I figured this was Jackie's truck. The room was clean except for a filthy toilet. The bed was comfortable. The room only had one chair and that was a desk chair. For breakfast don't expect what you see on Sleep Inn's commercial. The sign said open at 6, so after 6, I asked the attendant if it was okay to go in there. She said she would open it up, which she did. Breakfast consist of waffles, patty sausage, oranges, apples, sweet rolls, bagels, toast, cereal, coffee, yogurt, boiled eggs, and juice if the machine works. My grand daughter wanted apple juice and the machine said refill. I had to go get the breakfast attendant and tell her. She came opened the machine and did something and closed it back with out checking anything else. We got about 3 ounces out and it went back to refill. The next guests that wanted apple juice was not able to get any. I asked the Front Desk Attendant again about a 2 pm check out and he said he could only give me a 12:00 check out. I told him about the Choice web site and he was not interested in hearing it. We checked out at 10:15 and he asked me then didn't I want the late check out. I did not respond. They just seem like an unfriendly bunch of folks..

Plano, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We chose this hotel because it was the only available room due to a convention in town. We only stayed one night, had room with 2 double beds. I have to say the beds were comfortable and the bathroom spacious enough for all the junk 2 women bring along! I found the customer service to be lacking...very indifferent when we checked in and the next morning when we started to go down to leave, their was no one at the front desk, the phone was ringing off the hook, the front doors were propped open and I think the reception person was outside smoking (not certain of that, but my guess). The other thing we didn't like was that breakfast is only served until 9:00, even on the weekend which was not convenient for us...we rushed down about 15 min. until 9:00 and at exactly 9 the girl started picking everything up and took the coffee out to the lobby! I mean everything was going away so we felt terribly rushed and NOT relaxed and it was obvious we were disrupting her routine! Most places I've stay have the breakfast bar open until 10 or 10:30 on weekends. Sleep-Inn...get with the program and cater to your guests a little better!

Playa del Carmen, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed two nights at this hotel to attend a funeral in Pineville. I was surprised at how expensive hotels are in this little town, I chose this hotel based upon price and location. It wasn't cheap, but a few dollars less than a hotel right across the street that had similar ratings.
Check in was smooth, nice customer service. The room was large and clean. The bed was super comfortable and the amenities were fine. (shampoo, lotion, soap, mini fridge, microwave).
There was an indoor pool and hot tub which we didn't use.
Breakfast consisted of waffles, sausage, boiled eggs, yogurt, cereal, bagels, toast, pastries, coffee and juice. Better than the average continental breakfast with plenty of space in the breakfast area.
All in all I thought this was a great choice. Some family stayed at the other hotel across the street....and I can say for sure it was not nearly as nice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!