“new years eve magic” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel

You added Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel to your Saves list
Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Manchester Road, Blackrod, Bolton BL6 5RU, England (Formerly Mercure Bolton West Hotel)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Blackrod
Certificate of Excellence 2014
manchester
“new years eve magic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

This was our 3rd new years eve at this hotel,this year there was 6 of us,over the years we have tryed different venues but this hotel fits the bill in every way ,staff were good, rooms are ideal food was excellant again ,alright the service can be a bit slow at times but its a very busy night for them. Every year when we make our minds up where to go it seems we all think the same back to the mercure for new years eve

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellant
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
gm_mercureboltonwest, General Manager at Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Dear Cynthia60

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such fantastic comments on Trip Advisor regarding your stay at the Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel.

It is always a pleasure for me and the team to receive such great feedback, I'm sure they will be equally delighted.

Once again, many thanks for your comments and I hope to welcome you back to the Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel again soon.

Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Lytham St. Annes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We booked the Georgian House or a short break before New Year. The hotel is immaculate and cosy, our bedroom was situated in the new annexe at the back on the ground floor and consisted of a very very large double and to singles, the bathroom was also large and the complimentary toiletries topped it off. On arrival Melissa the receptionist booked us in, very polite and courteous and a credit to he hotel likewise the housekeeping lady, the breakfast Staff and leisure centre.

After checking in we dropped our bags and ventured to the very airy sports bar where we had. Spot of lunch, the sandwiches were yummy and reasonably priced. We then ventured to pool area, there is a jacuzzi which was unfortunately out of order but the steam room and sauna more Than made up for it. The changing rooms are large and there are showers for your after swim. We didn't use the gym but looked just as inviting. After a good nights sleep we ventured or breakfast, there were there usual cereals, juices, a fruit station and cooked breakfast, eggs benedict, porridge, kippers and other choices to order. The hotel also provided tea, coffee and my favourite marmite.

Overall we had a Lovely time and the staff are a credit to the Mercure brand. Keep up the good work,

Room Tip: Pre book your breakfast if you are on room only basis it works out cheaper
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear LizaGlover,

Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. the hotel was clean, comfortable and warm.The staff in general were very good, polite, friendly and efficient
The food was adequate, though nothing special.
However, the service in the restaurant was very slow,more down to management, I would think.
Generally, it would seem that the management needs to be reviewed in most departments,the restaurant, bar and entertainment especially.
Having said all this, we would stay at the hotel again if we were in the area.
We would prefer to call this review- Constructive Criticism - rather than Complaint.

Room Tip: Rear rooms in annexe have good views.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear briel2906

hartlepool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Just returned from 5 days at this hotel (Mercure Bolton), the hotel was immaculate throughout, the rooms excellent and the food choices were superb.
The staff, beginning with Paul the Manager, were attentive and helpful and most importantly cheerful in all aspects of their duties, other special mentions to Joanne, Angela and Carl.
The only hiccup was a let down on the entertainment front, the artist booked for Xmas Eve failed to appear, and the wonderful entertainer on Boxing day finished at 2200, just when we were warming up !!
I would have no hesitation in returning again, and certainly for another Christmas Break, the whole deal organised through Glenton Palmer Coach trips was first class. Great !!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear burke64

Wales, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Outside Bolton but very Close to the Reebok Stadium and in a quiet location (Blackrod), the hotel is impressive from the roadside and equally as impressive on the inside.

The bar area is a-la mode, open but warm. Service is good; staff are friendly and efficient.

The rooms are well appointed - mine had beds for 4 and a cavernous bathroom. A big plus was the in-room entertainment ... they have radio, and best of all Radio's 3 and 4. Having stayed in many hotels that don't have any or good radio reception this was a boon!

Can't comment on food - I ate out of the hotel and left before breakfast. However, when I left the night portering staff provided me with fruit and yoghurts. Brilliant!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
gm_mercureboltonwest, General Manager at Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear JJSWWales_UK

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Although the reason I've just spent a week in the Mecure Bolton Georgian House Hotel is not ideal - my boiler packed in at home and I nearly got poisened by carbon monoxide!

My stay was the most pleasurable I have had in any hotel in the world the staff were amazing and the room was very spacious.

My children enjoyed the use of the fantastic swimming pool and the chips they serve in their restaurant are the best I've ever tasted!

At £54.00 per night it was also great value for money...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Naomi G

Scottish Borders, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for two nights on business, 27 to 29 November 2012. I needed to work in the hotel and asked prior to booking whether there was wireless Internet access to be told there was. It was only available in the lobby and was very poor and very slow, so much so that it was useless. As for using an Ethernet cable in my bedroom, I was unable to get past security, probably was more to do with my computer than the hotel, nevertheless I could not work properly. In fairness one of the managerial staff did try to help in that regard to no avail.

As for the room it was tired and even though I had the executive package it was a little on the basic side. As for breakfasts, the first morning was a complete shambles, no food coming from the kitchen, no bread for the self toasting machine, tables not cleared etc. it was so bad that many people I saw were hanging round for several minutes waiting to get something and then not getting what they enough. As for me I took what I could get rather than what I would have liked, eg. Scrambled egg or poached egg - not a chance that day.

I had lunch in my room whilst I worked and the panini that I ordered was nice, the salad ordered as a side was not what was described.

The second day was better but there were no serving spoons out for the fresh fruit etc. minor stuff maybe, but irritating. In all, the quality of the food presented when it eventually came was good, it was the service that was poor.

The hotel is in quite a good location being close to the M61. The manager I spoke to was friendly and concerned, but obviously he was unable to make a significant difference to me during my stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Les,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor in relation to your recent stay at the Mercure Bolton Georgian House.

All feedback from whatever media is always used constructively, so I thank you for bringing various matters to my attention.

I hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you back to the Mercure Bolton Georgian House again soon.

Yours Sincerely

Eric Spencer-Smith

Been to Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel? Share your experiences!