“Just Right!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Opelousas
Hot Springs, Arkansas
“Just Right!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Let me say this. I am the biggest reader of reviews. As a matter of fact I can't go out to a quick dinner without making my husband sit in the parking lot while I scroll through at least 10-12 reviews. With that said, I will admit I almost missed out on this hidden gem because of the silly, negative reviews some users left behind. I mean come on, every hotel is not going to be 5 star quality, with front door valet, and butler services. I've stayed in some of the best luxury hotels, but that's only when I'm in the mood for that type of accommodation. However when I'm traveling for the weekend, or in town for the night, and need somewhere to lay my head, I'm looking for a few simple things: CLEANLINESS,A REASONABLE PET FEE, A COMFORTABLE BED, A SAFE AREA, UP to DATE amenities (flat screen, refrigerator, microwave), and QUIETNESS. The comfort inn had ALL of these things, plus a decent full breakfast. Make a blueberry waffle, they are delicious! Oh and big ups to the hostess in the breakfast area, who single-handily kept the breakfast area stocked even with a rowdy team of hungry softball players and other hotel guest eating everything in sight. She was so calm, collective, and accommodating! Give this lady a pat on the back!!

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Neal P, General Manager at Comfort Inn Opelousas, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for your input!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Benton, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

We stopped at this hotel recently for a night during a recent trip to Southern Louisianna. The hotel appears to be newer and was appropriately priced. The bed was comfortable and the room/bathroom appeared to be clean. The only negative we noted was the walls seemed very thin. We could hear everything in both adjoining rooms. We would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2013
Neal P, General Manager at Comfort Inn Opelousas, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank You for Your Review.
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Very poor customer service. Front desk clerk upon our arrival didn't greet/welcome us. She was on a personal call at the time and it appeared to us that we disturbed her. Never looked at me and was very cold, mind you we were there for a Christmas visit with my family. As soon as we walked away from the desk she was on another personal call talking about she was planning to eat, we could hear a conversation down the hall on the way to our room. Get to the room and iron was not working, took iron to front desk to exchange and she said I'll bring another one, again no customer service in her tone of voice. No friendly people from to start to finish. Rooms were just ok, nothing to brag about. No I will not plan to stay there again and will not recommend to anyone. Customer service is a must for me.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Neal P, General Manager at Comfort Inn Opelousas, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Sorry to hear that your stay was not comfortable, i do apologize behalf of my staff perfomance.
i do appreciated for your input because without your input we never know what we doing wrong this input will make us serve you better in future to you and other guest.

Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

This hotel overall was ok....was it great well let's just say it served it's purpose.....lay your head down and take a shower. The room was over all clean and affordable.The staff was nice. Normally I write so much but this hotel was truly average.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Neal P, General Manager at Comfort Inn Opelousas, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Thank you for your input.
Hammond, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Premises and room were clean and new, reported to be two years old. However, amenities such as multiple beds, towels, and vending machines were limited. Continental breakfast selection was adequate. Complimentary copies of Wall Street Journal were available.

Room Tip: Found price high considering location and limited amenities. However, this was probably the best va...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Neal P, General Manager at Comfort Inn Opelousas, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
Thank You for Your Review.
Douglas, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

This property is located alongthe service road next to I-49. It is in an area that you can see, but you just can't seem to get there. However, when you do arrive it is well worth it. The room was extremely nice and very clean. The only issue I had was that traveling alone, as a woman, I take a lot of precautions. I have never had a hotel associate very loudly announce not only my room number, but also how to get there. If the lobby was empty, this would not have been an issue, but a strange man was watching TV in this area and this made me very uncomfortable. However, the clerk was young and this is probably a growing process. When I arrived in the room the thermostat was set on 49 degrees. It had been a warm day..so I could live with that. I pushed it up to 65 and slept like a baby. I will stay there again, anytime I am in this area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

We had no problems with bugs or smoke or noise with our stay here. We were downstars about 10 rooms down the hall from the front desk. The room is large and comfortable and had a large flat hd television. Only problem was there was no remote in the room. The front desk gave us one that did not work, and another one that finally did. There was plenty of parking even when we returned late from the casino. Breakfast had everything you could want...except sausage. There was none when we arrived and none when we left. I think some of the kids probably took it all and some of them kept going to where it was supposed to be to check if some more magically appeared, and slammed the top of the container shut...apparently their way of letting them know they were out. Check out was quick and easy.

Room Tip: Pick a downstairs room
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn Opelousas? Share your experiences!