“Comfortable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Oak Grove Inn and Suites

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Oak Grove
Oak Grove Inn and Suites
You added Oak Grove Inn and Suites to your Saves list
10304 Hwy. 17, PO Box 668, Oak Grove, LA 71263   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Oak Grove
Blanco, Texas
“Comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Nice simple hotel for a short visit. My only suggestion: It was a little dark between the TV and kitchenette, where I had my suitcase. Need a light there, please! Breakfast wasn't memorable, but I was glad to have a bagel and peanut butter to take with me.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Clean well appointed room greeted us on check-in. Linings and towels were of unexpected very good quality. Continental breakfast while not exceptional was quite adequate and served in a comfortable space. A little pricy but considering the alternatives well worth it. Two thumbs up for the entire experience.

• Stayed August 2013
louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

We (myself, my husband, and my 3 year old daughter) stayed at the Oak Grove Inn and Suites for 2 nights. The hotel is clean. The staff is very friendly. I felt completely safe during our whole stay. Our room was a double queen, and it included 2 queen beds, a desk and chair, and another small sitting chair. It was just the right size for the 3 of us. There was a decent sized TV, and probably about 40 cable channels. There was a bar with a small coffe pot and small sink right as you walk in the door. The bathroom was a separate room, and had a small tub, and small sink and toilet. Our toilet was loose from the floor, so it banged against the wall every time someone used it. It didn't really bother us, but I was conscientious of waking the neighbors if I had to go in the middle of the night. It is over-priced, but since they're the hotel around, I guess they can charge whatever they like. The addition of a swimming pool and allowing pets would make up for the nearly $100 a night room price (it was $88 before taxes). They are EXTREMELY adamant about their no-pet policy, and I don't really understand why. I've stayed in really nice 4 and 5 star hotels that allowed pets. If you hate cigarette smoke, you may want to in nearby Monroe. We had a non-smoking room, and even though we are smokers (when we travel, we always get a non-smoking room, and just go outside, especially if we have our daughter with us), and we could still smell a faint cigarette smoke odor. The complimentary breakfast includes pre-packaged muffins and danishes, a variety of cereals (both hot and cold), bagels, toast, and basic milk, juice, and coffee. There is no "hot" food. It is out from 6-9, even on weekends. Over all, it was a pleasant stay, but with a few extra tweaks, it could have been a great stay.

• Stayed July 2013
Oak Grove, LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I have had several family members stay at different times. They are always treated courteously and have enjoyed their stay. The rooms are always clean, and the suites allow room for visiting and a touch of home. The last time someone stayed, there was a death in the family and we needed rooms for family members to stay. The staff was very understanding and helpful. Thank you Oak Grove Inn and Suites.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I could not disagree more with the review titled, "Infested with roaches." I did not see a live insect the entire time I was here. The rooms and grounds are clean, THE BEDS AND PILLOWS ARE COMFORTABLE! and the people are friendly. I tend to have back and neck pain and I woke in the mornings with no pain! And the coffee in the morning is good.

Room Tip: If you want anything special (like a smoking or non-smoking room), and it's a high-travel holida...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

My family and I have stayed at this hotel many times in the past and it use to be clean and spotless. On this past stay we found not one but as many as four roaches in our room!!!!! I informed the desk after we spotted the first bug and nothing was done. We subsequently saw 3 more in the span of two nights. I asked for the manager and I was told she was unavailable. I left my number and after a week, I have yet to hear from her. I have called numerous times and have still been uable to reach Michelle. No one ever offered to even compensate us for the filthy room!! My family was there for a funeral and we had reserved 6 rooms. My husband was leery about staying in Oak Grove, however I told him it was very clean!! Big mistake ...we will drive to Monroe on our next stay. I refused to stay in a place that harbors roaches for $100.00 a night.

Room Tip: Go to Monroe for a hotel room!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
De Witt, Arkansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

My family has stayed here numerous times when traveling to my hometown for holidays and such. The hotel is extremely clean and the staff is always nice. Breakfast is wonderful. We will continue to stay here in the future. I highly recommend this place to anyone!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Been to Oak Grove Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!