“A great experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada New Iberia

You added Ramada New Iberia to your Saves list
Ramada New Iberia
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2915 Highway 14, Intersection of Hwy 90 & LA 14, New Iberia, LA 70560   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in New Iberia
GARNER
“A great experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

We have stayed at this motel a number of times, and have always been very happy with the rooms and the service.
We enjoyed the breakfasts, which well prepared and served by very nice servers.
We are planning another trip this year and plan to stay at this Ramada Inn.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

I looked over the pics they had on the website. I saw a spacious bathtub and it was what I used to make my decision. When we checked in there was only a stand up shower. I also thought there was free bfast but it's not. I'll try somewhere else and compare .

• Stayed January 2014
Dallas, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

First of all, it's my fault that I didn't research before I booked the room. But I was travelling on business and it was a last minute trip and I made the mistake of trusting the Expedia star ratings. I logged on to Expedia and search for hotels in New Iberia and this Ramada is the highest rated hotel (3 stars). So I booked it. I'd be curious to know how the hell they got a 3 star rating because when we pulled up to the hotel, we could see that the blinds in some of the windows were messed up, the light was flickering on the patio outside the room, and there were random people hanging around drinking beer. In short, it just didn't feel welcoming or safe. I'm no stranger to small town hotels, but this was a bit much.

To be fair, I didn't actually stay at the hotel. Right next to it there is a decent and normal looking Holiday Inn Express, and across the street there are a couple other hotels that don't look like you might get robbed on your way in. Besides providing a warning to other travelers, what prompted me to write the review is the handling of the cancellation. It was a typical, "we can't do anything because our hands are tied" passing the buck situation.

I called the hotel and asked if I could cancel. The lady on the phone (who was very nice) said "yes. You have until 6pm to cancel without charge." So, I went to one of the nearby hotels and made sure they had a room available. They did, so I booked it. Then I called the Ramada to cancel my reservation (it is before 6pm). When I called back she told me that she couldn't cancel because I booked through Expedia. She said Expedia wouldn't allow them to cancel without charge. So I called Expedia. After waiting on the phone forever, I was told by Expedia that they couldn't cancel without charge because the hotel wouldn't allow it!

Luckily, I'd just talked to the hotel and I "knew" what their policy was. So I told the Expedia rep that the hotel policy was to allow cancellation if before 6pm local time. The Expedia rep called the hotel while I was on hold. Apparently she was told that they couldn't cancel because there wasn't a manager on duty. It's amazing how the excuses change! So, Expedia said there was nothing they could do, but they would try to get in touch with the hotel manager the next morning and then give me a call. You can all probably guess what happened - I never got a call. But I received an email from Expedia telling me that they talked to someone at the front desk and they INSIST that it is the hotel policy that it is a non-refundable reservation. Fine. No problem. But if that was the case all along, then why tell me it was cancellable? Why tell me it was Expedia blocking the cancellation?

So there were paid-for vacant rooms that night, but I'm sure it was worth it.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Janet P, General Manager at Ramada New Iberia, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
First of all I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you encountered with your reservation made through the third party web site Expedia.

Unfortunately, Expedia reservations are non-cancellable, non-changeable reservations as that is why they are noted as third party booking agents and they are the ones who collect your money and have your credit card number on file not the hotel. So unfortunately, our desk staff is not able to refund or cancel your reservations.

It is very unfortunate that the customer gets caught in the middle as Expedia tries to make the hotel out to the bad the guy when in all actuality we always strive to do our best to look out for the customers best interest.

The rules of the reservation not being able to being cancelled or changed are Expedia's rules not the hotels. Unfortunately, when you first called the hotel -- my desk staff quoted our normal cancellation policy for regular reservations, without looking up to see how you booked your reservation, so that first started the confusion and your frustration, and I apologize for that and I will be speaking to each of them to ensure that they understand the need to ensure that they are giving the correct information the first time.

I would also also like to address why you felt that you didn't feel that we were safe environment for your stay. We are indeed a safe and secure place to stay and have a atmosphere for our guests with excellent rooms where we strive ourselves on the cleanliness and service that we offer each and every guest that comes through our doors.

I do apologize once again for your unfortunate experience -- and do hope that the next time that you are in the area -- you would give us a second look and call the hotel direct to book your room -- and then you are in control of when you can cancel and when you can't versus using the Expedia or Priceline websites where there are many restrictions that sometimes they do not make you aware of until it is too late.

Happy New Year!

Janet Paxton, CHA
Paradise Valley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

A wonderful experience. The staff was well qualified and went out of their way to accomadate us. greatt

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Janet P, General Manager at Ramada New Iberia, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
We know you have choices and we are so glad you chose the Ramada Conference Center New Iberia and that we were able to WOW you during your stay.

Come back and see us again real soon,

Janet Paxton, CHA

Been to Ramada New Iberia? Share your experiences!