“Poor Breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in New Iberia
Lake Charles, Louisiana
“Poor Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

The best thing about this hotel are the employees. Very nice and friendly. The room was nice an roomy and clean and I was satisfied with it but the breakfast was not what I expected. I always book a room that has breakfast included so that I can eat and be on my way. I know they always serve the powdered eggs and I am ok with that but these eggs were in the shape of saucers as if to put on a muffin.... No muffins, no wheat toast, out of bananas... if there were any to begin with. Cereal selection was slim. The ham that was served also looked like a curled up saucer.... I will pass! A highlight however was the waffles.... Never before have I seen blueberry flavor!!! That waffle made up for the rest of the food. I would think about staying here again....

Stayed April 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Rochester, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

This was the absolute worst customer service experience made worse by an unhelpful and rude "general manager".

After a long days drive my friend and I stopped here and called it a night. We were not awake long after checking in. In the morning I was using the restroom and noticed hairs behind the door and near the shower along with another substance. I looked and around more and was almost frightened to take a shower. This place is going through renovations which is fine but there is no excuse for an unclean bathroom. When I went downstairs to let the staff know about the condition of the room and show pictures the general manager, Erica Gaspard, was very confrontational and the opposite of helpful. She accused me of leaving the mess when if was clear the mess was old. She never offered to send anyone to clean it.

Instead of giving this place a poor review I went downstairs to give them the opportunity to make this right. She challenged me and said she would be calling corporate and the owner. We voice recorded our second encounter which was only necessary to receive our receipt (since one was not provided). In that conversation you could clearly hear my friend being calm and non confrontational and on the flip side, Erica was being shockingly rude.

I have reviewed several hotels and restaurants and this is the first negative review. I urge anyone to never give this place your $. Photos of the room to be added shortly.

• Stayed March 2014
Carrie H, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
I apologize that you feel I was being rude that was never my intentions. First as I stated that morning you checked in at 5:30 the afternoon before you reported the issue as I told your friend who came down stairs demanding a refund I am not authorized to do so after someone who has been in a room 16 hours and came downstairs claiming the bathroom was dirty cclearly after taking a shower. I was not accusing anyone of anything I just explained what our company policy was and when I was told that according to your friend she does it all the time so she knew I was lieing to her. I could go on with my side but I feel that will not be helpful for this situation so again I alogize that you feel this way. I personally never want anyone to feel like I don't take their Concerns to heart. Please do accept my apologies
Jena, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

My company scheduled this hotel. I have never stayed here before. I arrived at 10:30pm and they were in the middle of a remodel. Elevators were not working, no services the next morning in the lobby and the room was very dirty. Went to take a shower and it would not drain. Checked out and went to the Holiday Inn Express, where we normally stay and it is good as usual.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Carrie H, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
I personally apologize that you encountered the issues you had at our property. Each and every day our staff is doing everything we can to improve our guest stay. Yes we are currently undergoing rennovations . We are proud of the progress that we are seeing and hope that you give us another chance to prove to you how valuable you are to us
Effingham, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I booked six rooms. Upon arriving at the hotel we searched for the desk clerk for close to 15 minutes and then he just appeared. We were booked into 9 rooms??? and he didn't know what to do. It took over 45 minutes for him to process the reservation. No credit cards would work but he finally got one to work (no evidence of an attempt on any of the cards). The rooms were shabby, carpet worn, one of us found a used washcloth on the shower rod and another found ink pen and earring on the floor. The bed was clean. I had additional business rooms booked this week and cancelled.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
I want to personally apologize to you for your recent stay with us. Our staff strives to make every guest experince a great one. Sometimes our staff falls short and when that happens we all are sadned by it. As manager here at comfort suites i personally want to assure you that your experience is not one of a common accorance and we would love to show you in the future how much we value our guest
Spring, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

On our way to Schriever, LA for a funeral, we had booked a night at the Comfort Suites because of their 100% Smoke Free policy on the website. On arrival we discover a run down establishment and a sign telling of renovation going on - no mention of this on the website. Our room smelled of old smoke. The carpet dingy and smelled of attempts to cover-up smoke. Bathroom faucet leaked with minimal water pressure. Shower head calcified.
Our king bed was good as were the pillows and linens. The air conditioning worked well which was our salvation over the SMELL!
"Hot breakfast" minimal with bad coffee.
We've stayed at many Comfort Suites and will again - just not this one! And I think a mention of "renovation" should have been on the web when we booked.
Front desk clerk on arrival friendly and helped us with a dinner choice.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We stayed two nights and really enjoyed our stay. The bed was so comfortable it was hard to get out of it in the morning. I had to bribe my sister with going to Meche's donut shop to get her out of bed. The staff at the front desk was so nice and very helpful. The breakfast had a nice variety. My dad really liked the strawberry waffles. My sister and I enjoyed the yogurt( we had to eat something healthy before going for donuts), I would stay there again.

Stayed November 2013

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!