“Perfect stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in New Iberia
Lyon, France
“Perfect stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

We stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites New Iberia for one night on our way to New Orleans. It is a new hotel located on Old Spanish Highway.

Spotlessly clean, large and comfortable room with a great bed, good complimentary breakfast - an outside pool, all in all a perfect stay. I can only recommend it.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

This hotel is new and very nice. The staff was so friendly, the breakfast was amazing, they had to go breakfast which was perfect for me on the way to work in the morning.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Pensacola, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

If you've ever seen my reviews before you will know I am a "Hampton Lady", meaning most of my reviews are about Hamptons because I usually stay in a Hampton when traveling. This was the usual neat, clean, quiet, very new Hampton but the difference was in the manager. He went so far out of his way to make his guests feel welcome. After asking him about which sites he recommended for tourists, he told me the usual stuff to see in the area and said he would have something special for me the next day. I was interested in a nearby music festival that he regularly attended. The next day, he had gone and gotten the music festival schedule and made me a gift of a tape of cajun music to enjoy. I had a great time at the festival because of him. I will stay at this Hampton anytime I am in the New Iberia area again. I lost his business card but I think his name was Nathan. I could be wrong on that.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
New Orleans
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

My husband stayed at this hotel for 5 weeks while on business so I went several times to spend the weekend with him. This Hampton Inn is fairly new and in very good condition. The rooms are clean, beds very comfortable and nice linens. Simple but sufficient decor. The pool is nice and the morning breakfast was pretty darn good for being FREE!! And always hot coffee in the lobby. The parking lot was very well lighted for safety concerns and the staff was very freindly. There is a "data" room for using fax, copier, and computer. Also a small workout room (didnt' use). Some rooms have kitchenette. There are snacks for sale in the lobby if ya get a midnight craving. Overall, this hotel was very good for the price. And there are a few places to visit while in New Iberia so grab a map.

Room Tip: Leaving a tip for the hotel maid usually assures great service and very clean room.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Luling, LA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I must say I was offended by the check-in process. Upon checking in, I was asked if I was with the group attending a wedding. I answered, Yes. At this point I was hoping for some type of discount. NOT SO. I was informed I had a curfew of 11pm and NO noise after that. They even had me sign some type of list. Also, was told police would be called for any disturbance.
Also, there was NO tub, only a shower. Not good for family with young children.
Also, pool is only opened from 5am to 9pm as noted on a sign on the gate. Not sure how you can us the pool at 5am when it had a chain lock on it. We left at 7:30 and pool still had a chain lock on it.
I would NOT recommend this hotel to large groups wanting to be together for weddings in the area. They do not want this type of business.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
San Francisco Area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

This was our first Hampton Inn experience. The hotel was new in May 2010. It appeared as though we may have been the first guests, everything looked perfect. We had previously been staying at former Plantation mansions throughout Southern Louisiana and enjoyed them all, but we needed to do luggage re-organization and enjoy a more contemporary bathroom. After checking in, we stopped by the front desk for a dinner recommendation. The desk clerk / manager, suggested "Clementine" on East Main Street (which was wonderful). What we didn't discover until later, he had also called the restaurant to let them know to expect us. (We had called the restaurant asking about reservations, but because it was early we were told none were needed).

When we arrived at the restaurant we were greeted like old friends, which seemed a bit odd at the time, but the owner/manager later told us the hotel had called and they were expecting us.

The next morning we enjoyed the complimentary breakfast at the hotel. A very friendly and pleasant woman was keeping all of the breakfast items replenished and even asked our opinion of a new item they were offering. Really a nice experience that exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

Very nice new hotel. It was very clean and comfortable. Even the continental breakfast was superb. Recommendation: heat the pool!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites New Iberia? Share your experiences!