“Candlewoos suites New Iberia” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in New Iberia
Stafford, United Kingdom
“Candlewoos suites New Iberia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

Candlewood Suites, New Iberia, Louisiana. Visited January 2012. Lovely place to stay. Second time in 2 years. Very clean. Very well appointed for what you need to make your life comfortable. Wednesday afternoon is the Manager’s (Pam) get together; sorry we missed it this time. Laundry facilities excellent, also the gym Would rec ommended

Room Tip: Ask for what you would like to have
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Marti H, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites New Iberia, responded to this review, March 6, 2012
Thank you for the 5-Star rating and for the repeat business! It's great to know that we're living up to your expectations every time.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
New Orleans area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

On a business trip, hotel was had many construction people staying at the time, was a little dirty but maids got on it every morning. Room was comfortable and bedding was nice, good value for price, would stay again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Myrtle Beach, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

I have spent at least 10 weeks this summer living out of the Candlewood in New Iberia. After some rough stays at the Hampton Inn across the street, this location felt like a haven. The rooms have a full fridge, dishwasher, kitchenette with dishes, silverware, pots and pans, etc. There is a swimming pool available and the staff is the best. Pam, the manager is the most conscientious, kind, and caring hotel manager I've ever seen. I saw her one morning get out of her car and immediately walk across the parking lot to pick up a small piece of garbage. She really cares about the hotel, grounds, but most especially the people. She was always available to sort things out (like when I needed a new printer cartridge in the business center) and she notices the small details that make your stay exceptional.

I love the accommodations and I love the staff and I've spent enough time here to know what it's really run like.

The price is great compared to other local joints that offer so much less and charge so much more. There is a reason why this parking lot stays packed while others look empty! I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in New Iberia.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011 via mobile

First of all we came upon the arrival the rooms were clean. The kids wanted to go swimming which is the reason we rented the room in the first place. The lady said the pool was beautiful. The kids went to look at the pool and it was green. We asked the lady in the front desk and she acted as if she didn't know anything so she had to call the manager. The manager didn't answer. We asked for a refund and she said we couldn't get one. Second of all the card to get in our room it wouldn't let us. So everytime we had to get in our room we had to go to the front desk so they could open the door for us. This was the most miserable inconvient time for me and my family. Then the manager had an attitude. And said people had just came out of that room so nothing had to be wrong with it. So the lady st the front desk came and noticed something was wrong with the lock and didn't do anything about it. This was THE WORST TRIP EVER. I advise everyone to save their money. Then you can't eat breakfast like any normal hotel. This a bad hotel and I never knew I would be experiencing it.

• Stayed August 2011
South Ayrshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

This hotel was not what we would call suites. It was just one big room with only one armchair. There was no settee. To watch tv required one of us to sit on the office chair - not the most comfortable way to relax. These rooms are designed for multiple occupancy - it seems strange that there are not enough places to sit.
As the hotel does not offer breakfast we had to go out to eat. On the day we were leaving before packing and showering we left for approx half an hour to eat. On our return not only had the beds been stripped, the shower curtain had been taken away. The front desk staff were more interested in answering telephone calls than attending to my complaint and It took a lot of effort to have the shower curtain replaced. It would have been easier to just shower and flood the bathroom. When asked why the room had been stripped before we vacated I was advised by the front desk that it was the day for cleaning. This is only done once a week at Candlewood.

Room Tip: Go to Hampton Inn & Suites
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

My family and my sister's family stayed here over the Easter weekend. My sister booked 2 rooms online for us. When we checked in on Friday, the staff did not explain to us that we would not be able to pay for the rooms separately. Barrone, the person working the desk when we checked in told me that I had to give my credit card information for my room. I signed a receipt thinking that my room would be charged separately since he took my credit card information. Crystal, the other employee took my sister's information. On Sunday, my sister went to check out. She spoke with Crystal at the front desk. Crystal ran her information and told her everything was fine. Later my husband came to check us out. He also was helped by Crystal. He paid cash. She took the cash and checked him out. She did not give him a receipt. He walked out and then realized he didn't get a receipt. He went back to get a receipt and Barrone helped him. When Barrone pulled up our information it showed that my sister's credit card had already been charged on Friday when we checked in for both rooms. When Crystal pulled up our room to check out it should have shown a "zero" balance but she took my husband's money anyway. It took Barrone 45 minutes to figure out how to refund my husband his money. Then to top it off, my credit card has a hold placed on it for the amount of our stay also. So, we have been charged 3 times for our stay; once on my sister's credit card, once when my husband paid in cash and now on my credit card. I have been told that the hold will release in 48 hours. I hope this is true. Needless to say, I WILL NEVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL AGAIN NOR WILL I RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE....

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Alicante Province, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2011

Stayed here to visit family. This is a 'long stay' hotel. They service the rooms every 7 days. That being said, you can replace towels and sheets anytime during that week by changing them at the reception. The staff are friendly and help out with local advice. The hotel is very clean, and the rooms spacious and well equipped. There is a business center which has a computer and offers printing of documents at no extra cost. A small supplies store, and free coffee. A swimming pool and use of a BBQ. Little extras are provided at no extra cost and we felt as though it was a home away from home. Ample car parking and convenient access from the highway, with a range of eateries close by (some of which make deliveries to the hotel) made it a great base.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Candlewood Suites New Iberia? Share your experiences!