“Handicapped Access-Room 114” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Iberia-Avery Island

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Iberia-Avery Island to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Iberia-Avery Island
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   318 West Highway 90 Frontage Road, New Iberia, LA 70560   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 11 hotels in New Iberia
New Iberia, Louisiana
“Handicapped Access-Room 114”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Due to a plumbing emergency at our home, my husband and I stayed in room 114 for two nights. This is a great handicapped Access room. It's on the first floor with just a quick walk to the ice machine and the breakfast. There are two comfortable beds and lots of space. The bathroom is 1st rate with an easy access shower, a comfortable seating area in the shower and grab bars everywhere. The refrigerator and microwave, the hanging closet, and a storage shelf are all easily accessible. There's a large comfortable seating stool which is just perfect for sitting and putting on shoes, etc. The room is surprisingly quiet for being so close to the front lobby, which by the way is very nice. The breakfast was great and plentiful on both days. All the staff were friendly and helpful. We enjoyed our stay. Thanks.

Room Tip: Good handicapped accessible room---#114.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dana S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Iberia-Avery Island, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words! We enjoyed having you as well and we are glad we could give you that "home away from home" feel while your plumbing issues were being resolved. We look forward to seeing you again.

39 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Locust Grove, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

My second time at this location and maybe my last. First time, the desk clerk was a little rude. I had asked for an upper floor, and got the 1st floor with a view of the dumpster. Second time, the clerk was much nicer and I got the upper floor. But that was probably the worst water pressure I have ever had from a shower. And the water only got warm, not hot.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dana S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Iberia-Avery Island, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
I would like to apologize for the issues you had during your recent stay as this is definitely not our standard. If you choose to stay again please ask for Stacie S. and she will make sure your stay is pleasant!
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

I was disappointed the front desk staff didn't value my loyalty to IHG (Platinum Elite status). She was booking everyone on the first floor since there were only 20 guests. I had to ask for a higher floor. I didn't even get a free bottle of water.

Breakfast staff was great. They should have tip jar for them. I tipped anyway.

Beds were comfortable and room was clean. Location is good.

I stay here every Thanksgiving while visiting family. I hope they do a better job next year.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dana S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Iberia-Avery Island, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Thank you for your kind words about our breakfast attendant. I will let her know what a good job she is doing. I apologize for you not being acknowledged as a Platinum member upon check in. We will see you next year for Thanksgiving!
Oshawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

This was a one night stay on our way to New Orleans.

Front counter staff very nice and courteous and met our needs.

Rooms were spacious and clean and furnished very nicely.

Washroom good size and clean with all amenities and good shower pressure.

Breakfast was the usual fare but seemed fresher and better than others and replenished well.

Just a note coffee was very good!

We would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Front or back no problems as rooms are very quiet
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind words. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the breakfast so much. I will let our breakfast host know that she is doing an awesome job! Hope to see you again soon!
Chesapeake, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Happy hour? Sold. From 5:30-7pm, you can enjoy complimentary wine, beer and appetizers. On the night we stayed at the hotel, poppers, crab puffs and lil smokies were on the menu.

The breakfast is the standard Holiday Inn Express breakfast with which you're already familiar.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dana S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Iberia-Avery Island, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us in New Iberia. We love to hear that our guests love the happy hour! We look forward to seeing you again your next visit to our lovely town!
Twinsburg, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I stayed here one night while in the area on business. My experience did not get off to a good start when the front desk clerk answered the phone instead of checking me in, even though I was clearly there first. After waiting almost 10 minutes for the clerk to finish the phone reservation, I was told they did not have any top floor rooms available that I had requested when booking the room back in August. Upon entering my room, I discovered the thermostat was set to 60 degrees so the room was extremely cold. As noted by at least one other review, the beds were not at all comfortable. The next morning, when I went to take a shower, I discovered the shower handle wouldn't turn to the hot water so all I could get was cold water. I mentioned this to the clerk at checkout and was rather rudely told I was probably not operating it correctly even though I tried for several minutes to make it work. Based on my experience, I will think twice about staying here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dana S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Iberia-Avery Island, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
I sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay at our hotel. Our guests should definitely be our priority when they stay with us. I can only hope that this bad stay doesn't stop you from trying us out again. I will definitely be looking into the issues you experienced with your stay and see what I can do to correct them!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

The staff was very friendly and helpful. I have only two complaints. The bed was not very comfortable and my husband and I didn't sleep very well. Of course, that is more of a preference. My husband heard more road noise tha. I did from the interstate, but they can't help their location. Also, I used the treadmill in the fitness room an it was really need of a cleaning or they may need to buy a new one. It seem to run very slow despite the settings I had on it. The safety clip was broke, so if I fell, I had to be sure and press the emergency button on the way down instead. Luckily, I survived. :) Still, overall a decent stay.

• Stayed July 2013
Janet P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Iberia-Avery Island, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thanks so much for your comments -- I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay. I greatly appareciate your comments concerning the exercise equipment and your comfort on our mattresses as we will definitely be checking into that, to see what we can do to remedy the situation.

Thanks again and we will look forward to your next visit to New Iberia.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Iberia-Avery Island? Share your experiences!