“Great Property - Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Iberia-Avery Island

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Iberia-Avery Island to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Iberia-Avery Island
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   318 West Highway 90 Frontage Road, New Iberia, LA 70560   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 11 hotels in New Iberia
Oshawa, Canada
“Great Property - Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

This was a one night stay on our way to New Orleans.

Front counter staff very nice and courteous and met our needs.

Rooms were spacious and clean and furnished very nicely.

Washroom good size and clean with all amenities and good shower pressure.

Breakfast was the usual fare but seemed fresher and better than others and replenished well.

Just a note coffee was very good!

We would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Front or back no problems as rooms are very quiet
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dana S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Iberia-Avery Island, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the breakfast so much. I will let our breakfast host know that she is doing an awesome job! Hope to see you again soon!

39 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Chesapeake, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Happy hour? Sold. From 5:30-7pm, you can enjoy complimentary wine, beer and appetizers. On the night we stayed at the hotel, poppers, crab puffs and lil smokies were on the menu.

The breakfast is the standard Holiday Inn Express breakfast with which you're already familiar.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dana S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Iberia-Avery Island, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us in New Iberia. We love to hear that our guests love the happy hour! We look forward to seeing you again your next visit to our lovely town!
Twinsburg, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I stayed here one night while in the area on business. My experience did not get off to a good start when the front desk clerk answered the phone instead of checking me in, even though I was clearly there first. After waiting almost 10 minutes for the clerk to finish the phone reservation, I was told they did not have any top floor rooms available that I had requested when booking the room back in August. Upon entering my room, I discovered the thermostat was set to 60 degrees so the room was extremely cold. As noted by at least one other review, the beds were not at all comfortable. The next morning, when I went to take a shower, I discovered the shower handle wouldn't turn to the hot water so all I could get was cold water. I mentioned this to the clerk at checkout and was rather rudely told I was probably not operating it correctly even though I tried for several minutes to make it work. Based on my experience, I will think twice about staying here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dana S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Iberia-Avery Island, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
I sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay at our hotel. Our guests should definitely be our priority when they stay with us. I can only hope that this bad stay doesn't stop you from trying us out again. I will definitely be looking into the issues you experienced with your stay and see what I can do to correct them!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

The staff was very friendly and helpful. I have only two complaints. The bed was not very comfortable and my husband and I didn't sleep very well. Of course, that is more of a preference. My husband heard more road noise tha. I did from the interstate, but they can't help their location. Also, I used the treadmill in the fitness room an it was really need of a cleaning or they may need to buy a new one. It seem to run very slow despite the settings I had on it. The safety clip was broke, so if I fell, I had to be sure and press the emergency button on the way down instead. Luckily, I survived. :) Still, overall a decent stay.

• Stayed July 2013
Janet P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Iberia-Avery Island, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thanks so much for your comments -- I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay. I greatly appareciate your comments concerning the exercise equipment and your comfort on our mattresses as we will definitely be checking into that, to see what we can do to remedy the situation.

Thanks again and we will look forward to your next visit to New Iberia.
Sheboygan, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We checked in to this motel while on a trip to Avery Island, which was less than 15 minutes away. The motel was clean, staff friendly, and the stay quiet and restful. The property was easy to get to, and the breakfast was the normal good breakfast found at most Holiday Inn Express locations.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dana S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Iberia-Avery Island, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
We thank you for your kind comments and we are joyed that you had such a relaxing stay here with us in New Iberia!

Dana Shirley
Beaumont, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I was refused a non - smoking room, I was told that there were not available. Even though I explained my bad allergies to cigarette smoke, they were very rude. After much back and forth with the management I was given a non-smoking room. (The same room that I was told didn't exist) I was treated very rudely, and unprofessionally. I have never had such poor customer service at any hotel that I have stayed. The breakfast was of poor quality, and the 1st day their pancake maker was Un-operational. I also noticed many of the staff on their cell phones, walking, standing, and working. Which I think is very unprofessional to operate any of your personal business during working hours in the view of the public.

Room Tip: Continue to push the issue if you are told "there are no non-smoking rooms available".
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dana S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Iberia-Avery Island, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
I would like to sincerely apologize for the issues you had during your recent stay with us here in New Iberia. These issues are definitely not our standard and I will be looking into this to correct these problems. Once again I would like to thank you for staying with us and I intend for you next stay to be much better!
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I recently had to stay at this hotel because everything was booked up in Lafayette. I was prepared for dissapointment, but was pleasantly surprised. The property is pretty ne and the staff was very welcoming and friendly. The room was fresh and inviting and the breakfast was very good. I would stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dana S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Iberia-Avery Island, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
I would like to Thank you so much for trying out our property here in New Iberia. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We pride ourselves in provideing best customer service as possible and look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Dana Shirley

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Iberia-Avery Island? Share your experiences!