“Stunningly dirty” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Natchitoches
NEWCASTLE
“Stunningly dirty”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I consider myself a generally positive person, but this hotel really surprised me with how filthy and smelly it was. Stains on carpet and furniture, bathroom fixtures scratched and filthy. We gave serious thought to leaving, but did make it through the night. My wife wouldn't let me set anything down on the bathroom sink.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
new smyrna beach, florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Upon arrival on a hot August afternoon my wife and I wanted to swim. Pool gate was locked and room key would not work. Pool furniture was all put behind building. Both drink vending machines were broken. Only lamp that you could use to read had no bulb. Bathroom disgusting. Despite claim, no internet connection. Housekeeping knocked on door at 6:45 a.m. No bowls or hot water in breakfast room; therefore, no way to eat breakfast hot or cold cereal. Front desk mgr. was unapologetic and made no effort to resolve issue. And, the price for a room in this dump was $79.00.

• Stayed August 2013
New Caney, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

1st room = A/C did not work. 2nd - 4th room = door cardkey did not work. Finally a room that opened and AC worked = saw roaches. Pool was not available to swim in. No breakfast of any type. At checkout time could not pay cash because there was no electricity (other businesses all around had power). We should have moved on when we first got there and a/c did not work.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Lake Charles, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

While the staff members were extremely polite and helpful with information about the Natchitoches area, the state of the hotel was horrible. There was no breakfast hostess, despite the hotel being nearly full- not that it would have made a difference. The continental breakfast was nearly nonexistent, offering only small bagels (no cream cheese), slices of white bread, instant oatmeal and grits, waffles (only butter, no syrup), and coffee, juice and milk. The staff was very apologetic and admitted that they'd gotten no new food-stuffs in a while, as the hotel will be going up for sale soon. Apparently whoever owns it now doesn't think it's worth their while to keep their hotel running before they sell.
If you need a refridgerator, be sure to request one when making the reservation and then call the day of to be sure you'll get one; they only have a handful of "upgraded" rooms that have fridges, and they sell out fast.
Also if you're thinking of cooling off, you're out of luck. The pool is nice and clean, but it's closed for some reason that the front desk people weren't sure of.

Summary- ok if you're exhausted from driving, but for the time being there's no breakfast, no pool, and no change in that situation in sight.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

It was a disaster from check in to check out. There was a mix up with our rooms, upon explaining the situation to the front desk clerk he offered the services of his manager. The manager was rude and obnoxious. He kept saying he was the manager and would never have agreed to our room confirmations, which were done two days prior by another front desk clerk who provided us with a confirmation number. My family booked 5 rooms total. He said he didnt agree to Friday night only Saturday at the price. He told a member of my family that he would call the police on her. Some of us stayed there and some left to go across the street. We were in town for an unexpected funeral. Some traveled as far as San Francisco, CA. We were told to book a seperate reservation for Friday, check out Sat. morning then check in again for the original reservation. At breakfast there was no milk (2 hours left for breakfast), no eating utensils, and they had run out of syrup. My aunt went to the front desk, the young girl working told us that there should be some extra supplies either the drawers or cabinets in the back. We had to find everything! There was a girls' softball team staying there also. The trash began to overflow in the breakfast area. Some began sitting the trash on the counter and floor. Who can eat like this? I then asked the young lady if she could empty the trash. Her response was, "I'm not y'all's breakfast hostess". My aunt looked in a cabinet at the end and found a small trash can and put it out. Thank god for the IHOP across the street. I checked out then checked back in I requested for my room to be cleaned (you would think they would have done it just because it was a new reservation) the same young girl from breakfast told me she would send housekeeping. After attending the funeral, and returned 6 hours later my room hadnt been touched. I to the front desk and the young man told me house keeping leaves at 3:00 pm and offered me a trash bag to empty my own garbage. I told him that was ridiclous and asked for a new room. He said he couldn't change my room. Then I asked for a refund, he said he couldn't do that either because the manager wasn't there. This was a mess. I had never been treated like this before. I immediately went back to my room and sent the property manager a long email. The next morning upon checking out some of the prices for the rooms had changed. The manager apparently changed his mind or caught amnesia on the price he quoted us during check in. My aunt told him that he lied to her. He then used profanity and told her he was calling the police on her. She is 65 years old. It was totally uncalled for! Guest were even upset and offered themselves as witnesses to the manager's behavior. I would rather have slept in my car. I would not bring my dog to stay here. As long as that manager is there they will lose money.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel all together.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Welling
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We had stayed at this motel before but this time things were not so good. The internet service was practically non existent worked very little in the 4 days we were there. No one seemed to be able to figure out why. Also the breakfast was very sub par for the Quality Inn chain. I will consider staying in some other motel next year when we go down there.

Room Tip: I have stayed on both sides of this motel at one time or another and either one was ok
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dallas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Hotel rooms were clean. The tub in room 117 is peeling really needs repairing. Also need to check entrance locks the batteries needs to be change had to go to saveral rooms before we could settle down. Staff was helpful. Room didn't have a fridge didn't know you have to request a room with a fridge couldn't keep medicine cool had to used the ice bucket.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!