“Obvious that current owners don't care” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 14 hotels in Natchitoches
Lake Charles, Louisiana
“Obvious that current owners don't care”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

While the staff members were extremely polite and helpful with information about the Natchitoches area, the state of the hotel was horrible. There was no breakfast hostess, despite the hotel being nearly full- not that it would have made a difference. The continental breakfast was nearly nonexistent, offering only small bagels (no cream cheese), slices of white bread, instant oatmeal and grits, waffles (only butter, no syrup), and coffee, juice and milk. The staff was very apologetic and admitted that they'd gotten no new food-stuffs in a while, as the hotel will be going up for sale soon. Apparently whoever owns it now doesn't think it's worth their while to keep their hotel running before they sell.
If you need a refridgerator, be sure to request one when making the reservation and then call the day of to be sure you'll get one; they only have a handful of "upgraded" rooms that have fridges, and they sell out fast.
Also if you're thinking of cooling off, you're out of luck. The pool is nice and clean, but it's closed for some reason that the front desk people weren't sure of.

Summary- ok if you're exhausted from driving, but for the time being there's no breakfast, no pool, and no change in that situation in sight.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

37 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

It was a disaster from check in to check out. There was a mix up with our rooms, upon explaining the situation to the front desk clerk he offered the services of his manager. The manager was rude and obnoxious. He kept saying he was the manager and would never have agreed to our room confirmations, which were done two days prior by another front desk clerk who provided us with a confirmation number. My family booked 5 rooms total. He said he didnt agree to Friday night only Saturday at the price. He told a member of my family that he would call the police on her. Some of us stayed there and some left to go across the street. We were in town for an unexpected funeral. Some traveled as far as San Francisco, CA. We were told to book a seperate reservation for Friday, check out Sat. morning then check in again for the original reservation. At breakfast there was no milk (2 hours left for breakfast), no eating utensils, and they had run out of syrup. My aunt went to the front desk, the young girl working told us that there should be some extra supplies either the drawers or cabinets in the back. We had to find everything! There was a girls' softball team staying there also. The trash began to overflow in the breakfast area. Some began sitting the trash on the counter and floor. Who can eat like this? I then asked the young lady if she could empty the trash. Her response was, "I'm not y'all's breakfast hostess". My aunt looked in a cabinet at the end and found a small trash can and put it out. Thank god for the IHOP across the street. I checked out then checked back in I requested for my room to be cleaned (you would think they would have done it just because it was a new reservation) the same young girl from breakfast told me she would send housekeeping. After attending the funeral, and returned 6 hours later my room hadnt been touched. I to the front desk and the young man told me house keeping leaves at 3:00 pm and offered me a trash bag to empty my own garbage. I told him that was ridiclous and asked for a new room. He said he couldn't change my room. Then I asked for a refund, he said he couldn't do that either because the manager wasn't there. This was a mess. I had never been treated like this before. I immediately went back to my room and sent the property manager a long email. The next morning upon checking out some of the prices for the rooms had changed. The manager apparently changed his mind or caught amnesia on the price he quoted us during check in. My aunt told him that he lied to her. He then used profanity and told her he was calling the police on her. She is 65 years old. It was totally uncalled for! Guest were even upset and offered themselves as witnesses to the manager's behavior. I would rather have slept in my car. I would not bring my dog to stay here. As long as that manager is there they will lose money.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel all together.
Welling
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We had stayed at this motel before but this time things were not so good. The internet service was practically non existent worked very little in the 4 days we were there. No one seemed to be able to figure out why. Also the breakfast was very sub par for the Quality Inn chain. I will consider staying in some other motel next year when we go down there.

Room Tip: I have stayed on both sides of this motel at one time or another and either one was ok
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dallas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Hotel rooms were clean. The tub in room 117 is peeling really needs repairing. Also need to check entrance locks the batteries needs to be change had to go to saveral rooms before we could settle down. Staff was helpful. Room didn't have a fridge didn't know you have to request a room with a fridge couldn't keep medicine cool had to used the ice bucket.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

My family and I travel to Natchitoches for a funeral, my stay here was unreal!!! It was a mis understanding from the day I reserves the rooms from the day of our arrival. I will not say all the staff was rude, because Sean and Blake did there best to accomudate my family. However! long story short between Friday and Sunday.......the General Man. (Tracey Page) was exetremely rude, he curse us and threating to call the police on us. I have worked in Hospital Admin for 11yrs and I would never speak or treat a patient/s like he(GM) treated us.

Wentzville, Missouri, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

What a disappointment staying at a CHOICE HOTEL and the Quality Inn. I will never use this hotel or company again for future travel. After being told by one manager when making the reservation that we could have an early check in we were charged for the early arrival. We spoke with 2 people and no one told us we would be charged. We did not receive maid service to our room that day. What a disappointment and not worth the money. Too many other NICE hotels to choose from when picking in this area. Driving 700 miles to the area for a funeral and having to deal with an unconcerned staff and hotel will always be remembered when selecting future hotel stays in both Natchitoches and around the country! Very disappointed that their employess lied to their manager of what they told their customers when making the hotel reservations! Nice job Charles and the Quality Inn!

Southport, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

The hotel was just okay. We think we saw a bed bug and reported it, they are going to clean it just in case. My biggest problem with the hotel is it is so noisy. It's sandwiched between a gas station and Burger King. It started at 5:45AM with big trucks backing up with them beeping and there were more than one over the next hour or two. You can do better but it will cost you more.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!