“Nice Star” 4 of 5 stars

2X HHonors Points
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Natchitoches
“Nice Star”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Very nice stay. Hotel was clean. Room was very clean. Breakfast was good. Staff was friendly. I would definitely stay here again.

One suggestions. Staff seems to have access to the front of the house, the coffee bar and the breakfast buffet. I observed a housekeeping employee fix herself a cup of coffee (and one for a friend) at the coffee bar while a guest waited behind her in line for his own cup of coffee. This was not a very professional picture of the hotel. The staff all seemed to do a great job, as I said everything was clean and the hotel was great. I know the hotel is being renovated so I wonder if the staff break room is not currently functioning...?

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Elaine S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Natchitoches, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you so much for the very nice compliments on our hotel and service. We appreciate all of the guests input that stay at our property. This is how we make changes and also get feed back as to what you observed while you are our guest. I will be addressing this issue that you brought to my attention as soon as possible. Thanks again for allowing us to serve you.

Hampton Inn Natchitoches

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Waco, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Good service, clean room, convenient location. Stayed in king, non-smoking accessible room & appreciated the good breakfast plus evening "snacks." Bedside plugs (4) were most helpful for equipment we need (heating pad, CPAP etc). Insufficient waste baskets would be our only complaint.

Room Tip: all areas were quiet; parking good
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Elaine S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Natchitoches, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your stay in Natchitoches. Your input is very important to us. We want each and everyone to be completly satisfied with our hotel, from our service to our clean comfortable rooms.
Anytime your in our area stop in and see us again.

NE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Was at this hotel for a business trip in Natchitotches, close to the highway and about 10 minutes to downtown. We got to this hotel around 10 p.m. and the person who checked us in was very friendly and efficient. The hotel said it's in the midst of renovations, but I couldn't really tell. The room itself had been semi-renovated. With new flooring in the entry and bathroom, but then the furniture in the room was definetly from the 90s. I appreciated the extra outlets by the beds and that I couldn't hear my neighbors. However, I could only turn the temperature down to 71, so it got quite warm in the middle of the night.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Elaine S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Natchitoches, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
I really appreciate your taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay at our hotel. I was delighted to read from your review that when you first check-in our staff was friendly and accommodating. I do however understand that you were inconvenienced by a few issues at our hotel. I want to personally apologize if your heating unit was not working properly. I sincerely apologize if this inconvenienced you in any way and I thank you for bringing this up to my attention so that I can follow-up with our maintenance crew. In addition, as you know we are currently going through some renovations. I’m sorry that you found our room furniture to be somewhat dated. I assure you that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take it into consideration to improve our property.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts with us. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Corinth, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Another stop-over on a Spring Break trip. Even though we checked in pretty late, the young lady at the front desk was great. We had a very comfortable room. It was quiet and well appointed. Check in and check out was easy. Would stay there again if traveling through the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Elaine S, Manager at Hampton Inn Natchitoches, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Thank you so very much for your kind words about our property. We try very hard here at Hampton to make sure every guest feels comfortable and that our staff goes above and beyond what is expected of them.
We hope you enjoyed our newly renovated property, and we hope to see you again soon!!
Thank you for choosing Hampton!!!
Natchitoches, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I travel to Natchitoches about once a month for business. I have a choice of what hotels to stay at and I always choose the Hampton Inn. The staff are all friendly, the rooms are great, and the managers reception in the evenings is a great plus. Located close to I-49, it's still a short drive to the historic downtown area for great food. They are in the middle of remodeling every room and the ones that are completed are a great upgrade to the 'old' rooms. They should all be completed by early March.

Room Tip: Every room I've had is great, Never noticed any noise from the interstate and I've been on b...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Elaine S, Manager at Hampton Inn Natchitoches, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you so very much for your kind words about our property. We have been working long and hard to get the renovations complete. Let us know when you come to stay with us if we can do anything for you.
Thank you for choosing Hampton!!!
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Did stay here and it was a bit disappointing. They are under major renovation and that should be mentioned in some way when booking. It is small and there is no way of avoiding it. I will say from my observation that the contractor leaves a lot to be desired.I stayed on the third floor in the renovated rooms and the paint work was sloppy. When you paying to have something renovated one would think it is to be made to look new as possible. Looks like elementary kids got into some paint and brushes. The tile work does not look professional at all. Just saying. I have an eye for these things and would not accept this type of work, it really brings a place to feel less desirable as well as neat and tidy. So managers put on your white gloves and get a magnifying glass and get these contractors to get it like it should be! I love Hampton Inn but this kind of work will bring a nice hotel down. Good Luck

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Elaine S, Manager at Hampton Inn Natchitoches, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to fill out the survey. We apologize that you had anything less than an extraordinary experience. We know the the renovation in our lobby area is an inconvenience, and for that we apologize. On our Hampton website, it does state that we are under renovation, but I cannot speak for a third party site.
We would also like to comment that our third floor rooms are not complete, they still have the bathrooms and tile to finish, and the Head of Renovation stated that is why the final coat of paint has not been applied, as they do that last.
Right now they are in out lobby/foyer area, and will then go back to the third floor to complete.
We try to make sure every guest is aware of renovations, with signs posted even outside so there are no "surprises".
We invite you to come back at the end of December when renovation is completed.
Thank you for choosing Hampton!!
Cookeville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I did visit this hotel in October and was very disappointed. The place shows it's age, maintenance is obviously not a priority.
The smell in the lobby is far from pleasant and it does not get much better when you enter your room.

I do spend around 200 nights per year in hotels and never wrote a review before, I just think that other travelers should know that this Hampton is comparable to an older $50-$60 range place and does absolutely not deserve the Hampton Inn logo.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Elaine S, Manager at Hampton Inn Natchitoches, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. As I am sure you could see, we are under a complete renovation that began in May 2012. We are looking to be completed in November of this year. We do apologize for any inconvenience this renovation may have caused you. We understand with all the painting, jackahammering, chiseling, and many many other chemicals this may cause unpleasantness. It is because of Guest feedback over the past year that we felt the need to do a complete renovation, and we expected some unpleasant feedback because of the noise/smells/lack of availability.
We welcome you to come back to see our completed lobby, corridors, and guest rooms.
Thank you for choosing Hampton.

Been to Hampton Inn Natchitoches? Share your experiences!