“Mom & Pop type of motel” 2 of 5 stars

College Inn Natchitoches
and 1 more site!
You added College Inn Natchitoches to your Saves list
College Inn Natchitoches
1000 University Parkway, I-49 Exit 138/Hwy 6, Natchitoches, LA 71457 (Formerly Days Inn Natchitoches)   |
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Natchitoches
Sioux City
“Mom & Pop type of motel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Its glory days are long gone and now it descends into quiet oblivion. The cleanliness was okay if you didn't mind a few cobwebs. The internet was barely adequate to handle the load of the number of guests there at the time. No breakfast that I ever saw. I understand that the room rate balloons astronomically during the Christmas light festival.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

This wasn't bad, its not the Hilton, but for the price what do you exspect. I liked it, clean room, hair dryer, clean towels, huge bed, cable t.v. And little ice box. This place is nicer then my first apartment. I'll be back. Lucy W.

• Stayed December 2012
Hendersonville, Tennessee, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

i do not recommend anyone go here.My husband got this room for us while we were here to visit his family and i am so thankful he only got it for one night! The toliet was broken, the light fixtures were broken, the room was super small and had an odor. And compared to the other choices in town the price is over priced for that cheap, run down room. They even left us a wash cloth that was brown staind that looked like stool.They did not leave us enough toliet paper and my husband even went out to buy us some because theirs was so cheap and there wasnt enough.

Room Tip: i would recommend that you try another part of town
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

$ 65 a night. Almost everything in the room was new. This includes a small refrigerator, microwave, and a big flatscreen tv (cable). The entire bathroom was new. The clock radio was not new and didn't work. The air conditioner did not appear to be new, but worked well and was quiet. The toilet paper was kind of cheap and there was only one roll. The manager was friendly and showed us the room before we took it. The only noises were from the street and that quieted after 10 pm. This was formerly a smoking allowed room, but it had been serviced and designated as nonsmoking. There was still a trace of former smoking in the room, but it was not bothersome. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2010

This was a last minute reservation for the Natchitoches parade. NOW I know why they were the only place in town that had a room. Let's see: No temp control for the a/c / heater. I had to go to the office to get a pair of pliars to change the temp. They had nobody there to provide a new knob. Then came back in to the room on Saturday night and there had been NO housekeeping. The front desk told me that she thought that they don't work on Saturday. Fascinating. Oh yes, the tissue dispenser was empty. No tissues in the room until I went to the office to get some. Yes, there were other issues, but the point has been made. They really need to get into a business that they are qualified for.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2010

This motel is terrible, do not go unless they get new management,

It's pretty cheap , but it's still way overpriced for what you get, On arrival, some of the previous occupants stuff was sitting on the bed: read, they had not changed the sheets.

They use regular sheets instead of fitted sheets, it's like pulling teeth to try to get a fresh roll of toilet paper from the front desk, and the advertised internet DOES NOT WORK. The toilets clog very easily, and the front desk doesn't have a plunger.

Worst of all, when we got home, many of us discovered that BEDBUGS had traveled with us. And, because our group rented about half the rooms in the motel, that means that this is a COMMON PROBLEM in MANY OF THE ROOMS. The management clearly has not done anything to attempt to maintain this establishment.

• Stayed March 2010
Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2009

I grew up in Natchitoches and ate many Sunday lunches in this hotel. When I was married 18 years ago, we even held our Rehearsal Dinner here. In October, I came for a few days to help my parents relocate to a smaller home. I choose the Days Inn because it was closer to their new homes than the hotels just off the interstate. What a change in 18 years! The "nonsmoking" room had smoke smells so strong that even my clothes took on the odor. At night, I was so frightened of the "gangs" of twenty something year old young men loitering around that I had to dash from my car. Rooms did seem to have been updated in years! I'm bringing my family to Natchitoches for Thanksgiving and
will stay at one of the newer hotels outside of town.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo

Been to College Inn Natchitoches? Share your experiences!