“dont do it!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of College Inn Natchitoches

Save Saved
You added College Inn Natchitoches to your Saves list
College Inn Natchitoches
1000 University Parkway, I-49 Exit 138/Hwy 6, Natchitoches, LA 71457 (Formerly Days Inn Natchitoches)   |
Ranked #10 of 14 hotels in Natchitoches
Hendersonville, Tennessee, United States
“dont do it!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

i do not recommend anyone go here.My husband got this room for us while we were here to visit his family and i am so thankful he only got it for one night! The toliet was broken, the light fixtures were broken, the room was super small and had an odor. And compared to the other choices in town the price is over priced for that cheap, run down room. They even left us a wash cloth that was brown staind that looked like stool.They did not leave us enough toliet paper and my husband even went out to buy us some because theirs was so cheap and there wasnt enough.

Room Tip: i would recommend that you try another part of town
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

12 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

$ 65 a night. Almost everything in the room was new. This includes a small refrigerator, microwave, and a big flatscreen tv (cable). The entire bathroom was new. The clock radio was not new and didn't work. The air conditioner did not appear to be new, but worked well and was quiet. The toilet paper was kind of cheap and there was only one roll. The manager was friendly and showed us the room before we took it. The only noises were from the street and that quieted after 10 pm. This was formerly a smoking allowed room, but it had been serviced and designated as nonsmoking. There was still a trace of former smoking in the room, but it was not bothersome. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2010

This was a last minute reservation for the Natchitoches parade. NOW I know why they were the only place in town that had a room. Let's see: No temp control for the a/c / heater. I had to go to the office to get a pair of pliars to change the temp. They had nobody there to provide a new knob. Then came back in to the room on Saturday night and there had been NO housekeeping. The front desk told me that she thought that they don't work on Saturday. Fascinating. Oh yes, the tissue dispenser was empty. No tissues in the room until I went to the office to get some. Yes, there were other issues, but the point has been made. They really need to get into a business that they are qualified for.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2010

This motel is terrible, do not go unless they get new management,

It's pretty cheap , but it's still way overpriced for what you get, On arrival, some of the previous occupants stuff was sitting on the bed: read, they had not changed the sheets.

They use regular sheets instead of fitted sheets, it's like pulling teeth to try to get a fresh roll of toilet paper from the front desk, and the advertised internet DOES NOT WORK. The toilets clog very easily, and the front desk doesn't have a plunger.

Worst of all, when we got home, many of us discovered that BEDBUGS had traveled with us. And, because our group rented about half the rooms in the motel, that means that this is a COMMON PROBLEM in MANY OF THE ROOMS. The management clearly has not done anything to attempt to maintain this establishment.

• Stayed March 2010
Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2009

I grew up in Natchitoches and ate many Sunday lunches in this hotel. When I was married 18 years ago, we even held our Rehearsal Dinner here. In October, I came for a few days to help my parents relocate to a smaller home. I choose the Days Inn because it was closer to their new homes than the hotels just off the interstate. What a change in 18 years! The "nonsmoking" room had smoke smells so strong that even my clothes took on the odor. At night, I was so frightened of the "gangs" of twenty something year old young men loitering around that I had to dash from my car. Rooms did seem to have been updated in years! I'm bringing my family to Natchitoches for Thanksgiving and
will stay at one of the newer hotels outside of town.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2006

This is for room 220. Hotel is falling apart. Rooms dirty. Furniture broken. A/C sounded like chainsaw!! Carpet ripped up and felt greasy. Ceiling had large hole and was falling in. Beds lumpy. Common areas seemed to have some sort of gang activity all night. The excuse for a breakfast bar wasn't available and I couldn't even take coffee because I feared food poisoning. It would be better to sleep in the car or camp out in a box!
Absolutely the worst room I've had! I was glad I didn't have my family with me.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Noisy A/C, hole in ceiling, broken furniture, dirty room, torn up carpeting
  • Tips/Secrets — AVOID!!!
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2006

This had to be the nastiest, filthiest establishment I have had to ever stay at. Due to the Baseball tournament we were there for, everything else was booked. Beggars can't be choosers therefore we were stuck at the Days Inn owned by Mr. & Mrs. Patel. When we arrived, within 40 minutes after checking in we had to move three times. This was due to broken a/c, filthy linens, and the most disgusting of all a bloody Kotex next to the toilet in our bathroom. Just thinking when it couldn't get any worst, we made the mistake of pulling the bedspread and sheets completely back. Every stain imaginable were on the sheets. So basically, housekeeping simply made the bed and did not change the sheets. This was not just one isolated incident neither. Some of the other baseball Mom's found similar situations in their rooms as well. Under the circumstances, the front desk attendant whom experienced all of my complaints handled it the best way she could. I truly felt sorry for her. Regardless, I addressed the owners the very next morning and the best they could do was give me a 20% discount for one night. They offered to move me again to another room and simply said if I don't like it then leave. The owner claimed it was not her fault housekeeping did a poor job. I explained to her she was responsible for this but it didn't matter. She didn't care. After my son's baseball game, I located another hotel with vacancy. I went back to the Days Inn front desk and asked to check out. The owners would not refund my money for that night even though the other owner said she would. Again, I told him I had a little baby and it was dangerous for her to walk around barefoot. He said, "I don't care! ... You pay the night" I told him it was inhumane again he said "he didn't care!! You pay! " We packed it up and left immediately. I did not officially check out and later went back to be with the team. The owners already had my room cleaned and ready for their next victim! I know this because he deactivated my keycard. I had to personally go back to this man and ask him to reactivate. Yes, he was a little surprise!!

Please!! Don't support these type of people and their establishment because... They really don't care!

By the way, we moved downed the road to the Comfort Inn!! It was paradise compared to Days Inn. Comfort Inn was awesome!!

• Stayed June 2006

Been to College Inn Natchitoches? Share your experiences!