Although recognizing that the majority of reviews of this hotel are highly positive, our experience had negative aspects. We've stayed in much better maintained Holiday Inn & Express hotels. But first the positives:
1)Check-in was efficient & courteous by Zach, who provided 2 cold bottles of water ... much appreciated.
2)Breakfast seating area was spacious, clean, and comfortable. Trays were available for taking food back to room. Free breakfast options were satisfactory although limited in fruit choices. Tables were kept cleared after use by guests. Cinnamon rolls were excellent
3)Lobby area provided additional seating for informal visiting
4)Bedding was comfortable with a variety of pillows
5)Coffee set-up in room was generous and microwave worked fine.
7)Paper plates, napkins and utensils were provided in the room.
8) Bathroom amenties were generous (shampoo, soaps, lotions, make-up romover packets, etc., although towels were a bit thin. Bathroom was immaculately clean.
9) Free internet code was automatically provided at check-in.
10) Free local newspapers are provided in the lobby area. Be sure to pick up the one that provides information about historical Natchitoches.
1)Upon arrival in room on Friday night, it was discovered that the electrical outlet for the lamp connection at the bed did not work (Room 312). (It was not a light bulb problem) No maintenance available on the weekend to correct the electrical problem. Therefore, no reading in bed.
2) Returning to the room on Saturday night, the message light on the phone was blinking but yet no message was left. I called the front desk who had no messages for us. I asked how to clear the blinking light; the attendant didn't know and suggested that I unplug the phone. Okay.
Then I went to turn on the lights for the bathroom and the lights in the front entry by the closet and discovered there were no lights whatsoever! The only light in that room was one lamp at the far end of the room. I called the front desk and the same young woman said she would come up to see what she could do but that there was no one in the hotel to fix it if there was an electrical problem. A few minutes later, she called back and asked if we had found the little folder on the table with room keys for another room. Well, no, it was DARK in the room so we hadn't seen that folder. There was no note with the folder & keys as to what it was to be used for. Apparently, it had been intended for us to move to another room. Then the front desk attendant explained that there was a breaker problem in room 312... (she hadn't known this earlier when I called for messages).
So we moved everything that we'd unpacked the previous night, including emptying the refrigerator.
Room 318 was fine and was slightly larger. However, it was noted that the metal covering/casing on the sprinkler system was not on the ceiling leaving an unsightly hole in the ceiling, although I think the actual sprinkler was there. At least the lighting worked!
The sofa is also badly stained on the arms and it appeared the carpet is in need of shampooing.
3) The flat-screen tv was a bit small for the size of the room.
4) Front desk clerk seemed to have limited knowledge of local restaurants, something that anyone in the lodging/hospitality industry should be expected to know for hotel guests.
I realize that hotel mgt. can not foresee electrical problems but communication apparently was limited in that Housekeeping did not ensure that the first electrical problem (light at bedside) was operational prior to clearing the room for occupancy, whoever identified that a breaker problem existed in the other part of the room during the day did not appropriately notify the front desk and leave a clear message with front desk staff OR management at the front desk did not communicate with front desk attendant(s) as to the problem & that we would need to be relocated. A written message should have been left with the new folder & keys AND there should have been a message on the phone message system. Neither occurred. Returning the room at 10 p.m. and discovering that we needed to pack up and change rooms, was not exactly conducive to an enjoyable hotel stay. I'm not totally sure we'll stay here again given the fact that there is a Hampton Inn nearby and may provide more consistent quality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to this Convenient Natchitoches, Louisiana Hotel Cajun flare, courteous service and quality are three attributes you will find at our Natchitoches hotel. Centrally located between Alexandra and Shreveport, and approximately one hour from the Alexandria International and Shreveport Regional Airports, our hotel is perfect for travelers to all three cities. If you're looking for lodging in Natchitoches, LA, you will enjoy staying in our hotel while you experience the city's southern charm and unique offerings. Spend the day touring Magnolia, Oakland or Melrose plantations and learning about the city's history, or check out the Bayou Pierre Alligator Park with hundreds of gators, as well as Cajun music, food and fun. If you're a sports enthusiast, you are sure to love a visit to the Louisiana Sports Hall of Fame, located five minutes away from our hotel in Natchitoches. If business brings you to town, you won't be disappointed by the amenities provided by our Natchitoches hotel. We offer free high-speed Internet access, two meeting rooms and a 24-hour Business Center with print, copy and fax services. Additionally, our hotel is near Northwestern State University, Weyerhaeuser, Alliance Compressor and the downtown district. After a day of work or play, consider relaxing in the outdoor pool or Fitness Center. You can eat well every morning at the free hot breakfast bar. Check out our great Natchitoches hotel deals and book your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Natchitoches reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Natchitoches
- Holiday Inn Natchitoches
- Natchitoches Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Natchitoches