“Perfect girls' getaway!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Steel Magnolia House Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Natchitoches
Steel Magnolia House Bed & Breakfast
You added Steel Magnolia House Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
320 Jefferson Street, Natchitoches, LA 71457   |
Ranked #11 of 28 Natchitoches B&B and Inns
Texas
“Perfect girls' getaway!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

My mother and I recently stayed here, and it was everything we imagined and MORE! We are huge fans of the movie, and so we appreciated the house tour and the movie showing in the evening. The rooms and bathrooms were beautiful and clean. The hostess was absolutely precious and very accommodating...and breakfast was lovely. After a day of touring movie landmarks, we were welcomed "home" with some fresh baked cookies in our room. Love love love, and plan to go back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Fun experience if you're a Steel Magnolias fan! Cool to watch movie from living room where it was filmed. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Beautiful spot, a good walk to downtown restaurants and shops (4 blocks maybe?). Innskeeper is gracious and helpful. Delicious, elegant breakfast of fresh fruit and organic yogurt, then LA style french toast, bacon and fruit. Really glad we experienced it.

• Stayed June 2013
Long Beach, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

The Steel Magnolias Bed & Breakfast lived up to all our expectations and more! From the time we arrived to our last minutes there, my husband and I were welcomed with open arms. (Even Armani the dog welcomed us!). We have stayed at several B&Bs around the country, but I must say this was our best experience. Christina went out of her way to make us feel right at home and was the best hostess anyone could hope for. We loved her stories about the history of the house and all about the filming of the movie there. We stayed in Shelby's Room, which was quite lovely (and the bed was very comfortable!) AND my husband really liked the idea that Julia Roberts had bathed in the same pink tub! The B&B is very conveniently located to the shops and restaurants on Front Street and the breakfasts were outstanding! It would be a great place for a girls' trip, too!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Elk City, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Our weekly coffee group which has been meeting prior to the release of the movie, "Steel Magnolias", was so excited to plan a trip this week to the Bed and Breakfast that operates as the "Steel Magnolia House Bed & Breakfast" in Natchitoches, LA. Our experience was beyond everything we had hoped it would be. Christina, the owner, made our stay a fantastic memory and went above and beyond to make this experience the "best".... The morning breakfast was delightful and the Louisiana history which she so graciously shared with us was an additional inspiration for our group. We gained many insights through her sharing with us about the movie that we would've otherwise not known. It is located in the historic district - southern hospitality was at its best!

Sharon Hodges (Elk City, OK)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Port Arthur, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and I were scheduled to spend, October 25, our 43rd anniversary in Natchitoches at the Steel Magnolia Bed and Breakfast. My mother was admitted into the hospital on October 18. We changed our reservations for a later date. My dad died last March and I know after being married for 68 years my mom missed him so much. Her health quickly deteriorated and she passed away on January 14. I miss them and I know the transition into a different mindset will be difficult. With all this being said, our trip was fantastic. Getting away to such a beautiful place was just what we needed. I cannot begin to describe everything we loved about this trip. The history of the town is fascinating. Christina's suggestions of interesting places to explore,places to eat, and guided tour of this beautiful historical house and the role it played in making Natchitoches such a treasure. A real treat for me during the tour was when she pointed out the different scenes in the movie and sharing the many unknown facts about the story it was based on. After seeing the movie countless times, watching it in the very room that many of the scenes were filmed, was like seeing it for the first time. My husband loved the house and he is now a fan of the movie. Since we have been back home he has spoken to a couple of his friends about the movie and it's characters.
One thing that brought back fond memories of my grandmother was the delicious French toast. With the first bite, I could smell the aroma from her kitchen and the sound of her voice calling out to me, “Mike, how many pieces of - pain perdu -- or lost bread –do you want for breakfast?
I will sum it up by saying only this; I attribute this wonderful experience to Christina! Everything was perfect! and we will be returning.

Room Tip: All of the rooms were beautiful, we stayed in the Clairee suite. Clairee is my favorite character i...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Oxford, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Well, we just returned home to Oxford, Mississippi with fond memories of our second visit to Steel Magnolia House B&B! My wife and I first visited Natchitoches in July of this year and met Christina and Armani. We found a wonderful B&B in a unique Louisiana town with an exceptional hostess! During our July visit we heard exciting stories of Christmas on the Cane! We immediately planned a return visit with our friends from Texas! We arrived on Friday and checked into Clairee's room and Jackson's room! Christina and her staff provided us with excellent accommodations, wonderful breakfasts, a historical tour and charming Louisiana hospitality. Well worth the cost and six hour drive! Thanks to Christina, Richard and Armani!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

I enjoyed our stay at Steel Magnolia House immensely but for the fact that my family would've rather been elsewhere. If our budget would allow, if go back with my husband in a heartbeat. The lovely woman who runs the B&B was gracious to no end. The house is beautiful and I couldn't help but wish my home were more like it. I can't say enough about the delicious breakfast served in the dining room the morning after our comfortable nights' sleep in Shelby's bedroom. We ate the most wonderful French Toast (baked with cane syrup) I've ever had, preceded by a delicious yogurt dish. Before we left, we were given a wonderful tour of the home, with details exciting and historic.

• Stayed December 2011

Been to Steel Magnolia House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!