“Disappointed” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Church Street Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Natchitoches
Church Street Inn
You added Church Street Inn to your Saves list
120 Church Street, Natchitoches, LA 71457   |
Ranked #13 of 28 Natchitoches B&B and Inns
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2005

My boyfriend and I made plans to visit my hometown for the Thanksgiving holidays so we made reservations at the Church Street Inn for the dates of Nov 22 – 26. Once arriving at the hotel, the hotel seem clean and in a good centralized location. We later found that the hotel was just OK and was definitely lacking customer service. For example, there is a sign in the bathroom stating that the linen is changed every two nights. We noticed that on the third night that the linen had not been change, so we reported this to the front desk and they basically brought up the linen without any apology or offer to help make up the bed. Also, the semi-continental breakfast was less than desirable to say the least. Days later after leaving, I notice that I was charged the total billing when making the reservations and another 50% of the bill once we checked-in. I then called midday on Nov 29th to speak with the manager, which I was told she had step out for a moment and would call me ASAP to address my overcharge. Due to not hearing back for some hours, I call again and was told that she had some other obligations; therefore she had left early and would call me back between 6am – 5pm the next day. After calling again with no manager response, I took it upon my self to contact AMEX to have the overcharge of 241.00 reversed. Finally after four days from original call, Ms Brandi called me back with no apology or respect for my time. As I explained to her my problem at this point was not the overcharging but the lack of customer service I had received. After asking for an apology, I told her that I would have expected this from some chain hotels but not from a hotel of there size. Based on my dissatisfaction, I would not recommend this hotel.

Stayed November 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2005

I stayed at the Church Street Inn in November 2003 during the first week that the Christmas lights were on. I was very surprised by how clean and beautiful the hotel was. My room was themed after Steel Magnolias, so there were magnolia decorations everywhere and beautiful queen sleigh beds. Everything in the hotel was immaculately clean and elegant, and the price was only around $99/night! I also enjoyed that it was right in the middle of the historic district and offered free parking. It was so easy to walk to all the shops, restaurants and to see the light festival. The horse and carriage ride at night was also a lot of fun even though it was pretty cold that night. I am thinking of going back this year and wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed November 2003
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2005

Because of Hurricane Dennis the Hampton Inn where I usually stay for business had no rooms available and they told me that the Church St. Inn had rooms. So I called, got their last room.

I cannot tell you how wonderful this little hotel is. With only 20 rooms they have a policy of charging 1/2 of the stay when you book your room and if you cancel it is kept as a credit towards another stay.

Charles is wonderful at the front desk. He remembered my name anytime I came down for coffee, dinner, etc. Rooms have a microwave, coffeemaker, refrigerator with complimentary bottled water, coffee & tea. Down comforters and pillows, cotton scalloped quilts. Antiques in the rooms.

It was just a wonderful surprise. I would have never known about this little hotel without - what I thought to be at the time - a terrible situation of not being able to stay where I have always stayed while working in Natchitoches.

I would most certainly stay here again. Just beautiful - in spirit and in physical beauty. It feels like home away from home.

• Stayed July 2005, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2005

We drove to Natchitoches LA for a weekend trip. We stayed at the Church Street Inn for one night. I would recommend making reservations well in advance. We could only get the one night and had to move to a different hotel for out last night.

There are many B and B's but only one Inn/Hotel in the downtown area. There are other chain hotels by the highway but they are far away.

I was very impressed with this little hotel. It was extremely clean and very comfortable. The "deluxe" continental breakfast was a nice surprise. They have microwaves,small refrigerators and coffee makers in every room. They do not allow pets or smoking in any of the rooms.

Check out time is early (11 am) but they will let you stay in the parking area until other guests start to check-in (around 3 pm).

In the town there are not many activities for children. The horse and carriage ride was worth the 10.00 per person (aprox. 30 min) and there are many plantations to visit. Most of the little shops close up around 5 or 6 pm. Some even earlier!

If you want a relaxing weekend and you like small inns and B & B's, this is the perfect little town.

Been to Church Street Inn? Share your experiences!