“Great!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Natchitoches
Marrero
“Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

We couldn't get home as I-49 was shut down in some places due to freezing rain. We decided to stay here a night with the kids. It was great. Front desk is friendly. Rooms are huge. I love the nice walk in showers. The breakfast in the morning had everything you need. Very clean. I also used the business center that night to print some work papers, it was clean, neat, and very easy to use.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Huntsville, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Parking was abundant and check in was efficient. The hotel is 3 months old and still in decent shape and the decor is lovely. Our king bedded room was very small - there wasn’t even room for a small easy chair. There was a built in desk and a desk chair but there were two of us in the room so one of us was forced to sit on the bed to watch TV. The king rooms are really designed for one occupant. The hotel should have placed queen beds in the smaller rooms to allow for space for a small easy chair. I did not see the other rooms so I can’t talk to whether there was space for a small easy chair in those rooms. They have rooms that they advertise as “larger king rooms” and I asked about an upgrade to one of those and was told that an upgrade would not be possible (I am Marriott Platinum) because I was using a government rate. I was offered a handicapped room with a chair in the shower but decided I didn’t want to sit in the shower to watch TV!! I am joking but you get the idea. One final note on the king room - the web site indicates one rollaway bed is allowed in a king bedded room but the only place a rollaway would fit would be in the entry hallway and this would create a safety and fire hazard (not to mention blocking access to the bathroom).
Aside from being small the room was well appointed. The TV was small (32”) and we had to tinker with it to have a decent image as the bright was turned all the way up. I believe the TVs were never adjusted when they were initially installed. The room had a neat multi-level desk and TV stand/dresser drawer set up - this allowed for lots of landing space. The TV stand area was small so this may be the reason for the small screen. The bed slept fine and the pillows were OK. There were two outlets available on the night tables which was useful. There was a microwave and refrigerator in the room. The microwave slid around when you tried to open and close the door as though it was on ball bearings. They need some way to minimize the movement as there is a chance someone could injure themselves if they tug a little too hard on the door. Also, the ice bucket was almost out of reach as it was on a shelf above the microwave (the microwave was above the refrigerator). Basically things were stacked like you’d see in a college dorm room. Breakfast was standard Fairfield with no surprises. The OJ seemed watered down and the waffle batter was very thick, which made for dense waffles. The coffee was typical weak. Not a bad stay overall but nothing exceptional, except that the facility is new.

Room Tip: Only get a king if you are one person as room is too small for two people to be very comfortable (un...
Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

"New" has proven to always be good when it comes to our experiences with hotels. This is no exception - it has only been open about 3 months, so it is "new" in our book. For this price range, the Fairfield Inn was a great fit for our needs. Although it was just off the interstate 49, I didn't know exactly where to turn into their property, as it was not clearly marked, almost turned into a gas station. But, that's just me - I like big lettered and easily distinguished street signs, which was missing on our visit. Rooms, staff (Tre'), and amenities were all up for the job - Tre' was local (knowledgeable) and capably assisted with area restaurant choices. Not sure if all rooms (we had 321 & 322) are the same, but these did not have a tub - just a very nice and large shower, yet without a hand-held sprayer. Difficult to keep from getting one's hair wet, as well as being located high on the wall - difficult for those vertically challenged.

Room Tip: 322 overlooks the front parking lot, 321 (across the hall) overlooked trees.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Gulf Breeze, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

We travel through Natchitoches, several times a year and have stayed @ the Comfort Suites next door. I discovered Marriott had constructed this Fairfield with a good rate & we were pleasantly surprised! Shernella & Tre greeted us warmly, answered questions & checked us in promptly & efficiently.
Shaneka prepared a variety of warm & cold breakfast goodies to get us on our way @ 7:00am. The King room was clean, comfortable and inviting! We shall be back!

• Stayed January 2014
Mandeville, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

I booked a high school group at this hotel. It was NOT open yet, but they promised me that they will be open in time for our event. Well after touching base a often, when we arrived they opened at 3pm THAT DAY! ( they came through) The hotel is very nice, clean, has a great breakfast AND is in walking distance to the best meats pies in town! Also, it's only minutes from the course.
The DOS Shawna, was awesome and very accommodating. The only complaint I had is they put some of the athletes in kings w/sofa while some parents were in doubles when I specified doubles. (I know, it's not a big deal)

That being said, I have tentatively booked the group again for next year. They should be running smoothly by then. :)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Gainesville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

The kids and I stayed here on our trip to see the Christmas lights. It was a great place to stay. I am so glad that we found this place. New and clean--what more can you ask for. We also decided to eat breakfast here instead of on the road and we are do glad we did. Quick and easy. Oh, and it tasted good too.

Stayed December 2013
Lake Charles, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Natchitoches. We come to Natchitoches every year for the wonderful Christmas celebration and lights. This was the first year that this hotel was available so we decided to give it a try! WOW I am so glad we chose this place. It is a brand new hotel and the service was WONDERFUL!! I was greeted at the front desk with a warm and wonderful smile! They were so nice and professional. They were very helpful and knowledgable about the area! THANK YOU!! The rooms are beautiful and the decore of the hotel is amazing! Not to mention they had a GREAT breakfast in the morning! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area! Next time we come we are definitely staying here. Thank you for such an amazing stay!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Natchitoches? Share your experiences!