“DIRTY!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Natchitoches Inn

Save Saved
You added Natchitoches Inn to your Saves list
Natchitoches Inn
7624 Highway 1 Bypass, Natchitoches, LA 71457 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn)   |
Ranked #10 of 14 hotels in Natchitoches
Conway, Arkansas
“DIRTY!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

As soon as I walked into the lobby and read the shirt the check-in lady had on I should have turned around and walked right out. The shirt she had on had Mustaches written on the top and then pictures of mustaches and below them said enjoy the ride! How professional can you get. The walls were nasty, when I pulled the bed spread back there were nasty "body" hairs all over the sheets. I went to give my little girl a bath and there were "body" hairs all in the bathtub. Not hair from the head either! We went to walmart and bought lysol and lint rollers to roll and spray the beds. We asked to change to a different room and we were. But the room was also nasty! The beds were not as bad but the whole room just felt really dirty! I would not recommend this hotel at all. WAY OVER PRICED!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
briannatchitoches, Owner at Natchitoches Inn, responded to this review, March 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

I was horrified to hear about your recent experience here at my hotel. I have an expectation for every guest to have a proper, fantastic time and knowing that you didn't helped me to re-evaluate my staff. I did EXTENSIVELY go over you review with housekeeping and the front desk staff to explain why it's important to take every measure with every guest to the best of our ability to keep a professional standard in everything that we do, especially with cleanness and dress code. There has been some implemented changes to protocol in how we double check and make sure each room is above standard once each individual housekeeper leaves that room and declares that room clean. The dress code has been re-established and enforced to ensure professionalism is displayed at all times. Again, my deepest apologies for your experience and I hope that you will consider coming to see us again and definitely seeing the better of us!

17 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Lubbock, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011 via mobile

First of all, Natchitoches is a tough place to fine a deal on a room. Even when the place is deserted on Christmas. Every motel seemed to have terrible reviews on trip advisor and wanted an arm and a leg.

We found ABVI and received all we could have asked for. A clean room at a decent price.

My girlfriend and I were simply passing through and were amazed at the Festival of Lights. Certainly a sight to see. If you go, I recommend checking the ABVI out.

• Stayed December 2011
briannatchitoches, Owner at Natchitoches Inn, responded to this review, March 20, 2012
I wanted to personally thank you on a long overdue response to the kind words you shared about your stay with us. We appreciate and take to heart everyone's advice and concerns about our business and property. Without you, we would have no business. We hope to see you soon. Thank you!

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

My friends and I spent 2 days in the Natchitoches area while road-tripping through Louisiana. Overall, this hotel offers a great value for the money. The room was simple and provided what we needed: clean bed and bathroom, air-conditioning, cable tv, fridge, microwave. If you want 5-star rooms and accommodations, go pay for a 5-star hotel. I say this because the other reviews seem unfair. We were very satisfied with what we got for the price.

Since we were road-tripping during the June-July heat wave (100+ degrees every day!) we loved our stay here particularly because of the quiet, clean, sparkling, large pool-- swimming and lounging around poolside was perfect way to end our long days of driving and sight-seeing. We we so hot and disgusting by the time we came back to home and wanted to do nothing more than jump in that crystal-clear pool. And compared to other fancier hotels we stayed in Shreveport, Baton Rouge, and New Orleans, this pool was the biggest and the cleanest!

Room Tip: room facing the courtyard/pool area
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
briannatchitoches, Owner at Natchitoches Inn, responded to this review, March 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

It's very rewarding that you has such a good experience with us, all of us appreciate the kind words you had to share. We do spend a lot of time preparing for guest arrivals and even though sometimes we miss the mark; there are those moments where we hit a bulls-eye and the work doesn't go unnoticed. We hope to see you again very soon! Thank You.

Leesville, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

I had booked a room for two nights, a month in advance, while visiting Natchitoches due to the All-Stars Baseball State Playoffs. I had requested a 1st floor room by the pool. When I arrived I had been placed on the 2nd floor, but the clerk accommodated me by placing me on the 1st level by the pool. When I opened the door to the room, there was a strong musky odor that hit you in the face. The carpet was dirty and parts of the acoustic ceiling was falling down onto the beds. The air conditioning did not blow cold and the tub and sink was dirty. I had as always brought my Lysol and bleach to clean before we used the room but I first went to inform the clerk that the air was not working...only blowing hot air. I lady came to look at the air unit and it worked for about 5 minutes. I had began cleaning the room during the time the air was working and found mold in the refrigerator and when I pulled the covers back on the bed to Lysol all mattresses and covers...I found tiny black BUGS on the sheets and crevices of the mattresses. I got my family out immediately and went to tell the Clerk what I had found. The clerk stated she would move me to another room and I gave her the key and told her that we would not be staying and not to charge my credit card. While at the front desk dealing with this issue there were three other individuals who came up and said they were leaving due to their rooms not being clean and that they had BUGS in their beds as well. Two days later I found out that the hotel had charged my credit card for the two nights, even though I was only there a total of about 15 minutes. Now, still today 7/19/2011...two weeks later, I am still arguing with the owner to refund my credit card due to me not staying in the room because of the health hazards. The owner stated that he was going by the house cleaning reports which states that someone was in the room for two days. I am now faxing over proof from another hotel showing that I stayed there and I hope this clears up this issue. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone....EVER. This is the worst rooms and service that I have ever experienced.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
briannatchitoches, Owner at Natchitoches Inn, responded to this review, January 17, 2012
We consider all feedback, valuable feedback. I would like to apologize for the all of the issues that you had to encounter during your time with us. We strive to meet every guest’s expectation and this experience as expressed by you, was not to your expectation of quality service. We took your concerns very seriously in reference to the unknown bugs in the room. I can assure you that I took every measure at no expense to ensure all of the issues were taken care of and am proud to say, we were given a clean bill of health shortly after the issue occurred. We have taken your feedback as an opportunity to increase our aim for Guest Expectations, Guests Satisfaction and Quality of Service, especially Cleanliness. However, it was still very disappointing that we failed in some keys areas to satisfy and create a welcoming environment for you and your family, and I offer my sincerest apologies.

Best Regards,
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

I read the reviews before booking my stay and hoped that that the reviews were wrong especially since the hotel's website boasts that the place has been remodeled. Boy, was I wrong!!!! The only thing remodeled on this hotel is the lobby. The rooms are musty and dirty. It doesn't appear that the rooms have undergone extensive cleaning since the hotel was built. The furniture is old and dated, the rooms need dusting (baseboards in bathroom are caked with dust) and there are hard water stains in the tub and face bowl; I was scared to step into the shower without my flip flops on.

The refrigerator is a mini-fridge; the most you can get in there is bottled water. On top of that, the one in room 115 didn't work and the shower in 115 backs up on your feet. We were moved to RM 119 which was no better...there seems to be low water pressure at the hotel. The toilets flush sluggishly and/or backs up after the flush. The water in the shower runs luke warm at best.

The hotel's website also states that there is a fitness center on site. How about ALL of the equipment in there is broken or in the case of the treadmill, the office doesn't have the key that starts it. The owner told my husband that someone checked it out and never returned it! The only good thing about this debacle is we ended up visiting Natchitoches Health and Racquet Club which was awesome. They charge a daily rate if you are in town for a few days...check it out!

I do not recommend that you stay at this hotel unless it is your very last resort!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Natchitoches Inn? Share your experiences!