“Sit on the Riverbank” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Riverview Inn Motel & Apartments

Riverview Inn Motel & Apartments
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Natchitoches
Riverview Inn Motel & Apartments
Save Saved
You added Riverview Inn Motel & Apartments to your Saves list
1316 Washington Street, Natchitoches, LA 71457   |
Ranked #12 of 14 hotels in Natchitoches
Abilene, Texas
“Sit on the Riverbank”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Iwas reading the other reviews and can't believe this is the same motel. We experience none of these problems. Our room was spacious, quiet, and clean. The back door opened right out to the river area where you could sit in the cool evening. I was disappointed they no longer served the free breakfast as advertised, the woman at the desk said the owner had discontinued it. This mothel is located less than a mile from the historic district, well away from traffic noise of the Interstate.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

8 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Evanston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

We felt like refugees. This is a very old motel that seems more focussed on monthly rentals for people who work in the area. There was only one other car in the area where our room was located. The facility is quite tired and our room was in desperate need of a cleaning although it was quite spacious.

Room Tip: Find another motel or B&B.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
New Orleans, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I made a reservation at this hotel last year for my family to stay in while we went to see the beautiful lights on the Cane River at Christmastime. We checked in and were told that our room was actually in a room across the highway from the main building (shown in the pictures). I was leery and then we got the key and went to our room. There was NO WAY I was staying in that room! It was disgusting and the clientele sitting in the parking lot was way too frightening. We went straight back to the office and got our money back and drove towards I-49 to one of the chain hotels there. It should be an hourly-rate hotel, if you know what I mean.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
New York, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed here on our drive from Dallas to New Orleans. The room was extremely dirty, stains on .. everything, fork in the sink drain and a nasty stain on the sheet. Did not see any bug but I am sure they were there, this was quite disgusting. We should have left and stayed somewhere else, but we had already paid (bad decision before looking at the room) and it was late. Honestly I was scared to be there. At 4 am we woke up to someone kicking and banging on the door and screaming something, I could not make out what he was saying, there was no other way out, we were terrified and my girlfriend crying/screaming from fear, we did not dare to open the door, he kept on kicking, trying to get in, I have seriously NEVER been so scared. Suddenly it was quiet and we ran to our car and drove away, went to a safe local hotel. I called the woman in the check in while the man was kicking the door, she called the police but we where gone when the police came, hopefully they found the attacker.
The night here was $72 which is insane for what you get. We asked for a refund but that was not an option because we had been in the room from 9pm to 4am, the police having to come did not matter.
I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy. Suitable for drug dealers.

Room Tip: do not stay here
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
River Ridge, LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We spent several days at the River View Inn during Hurricane Gustav. Even though the rooms are dated, they are quite LARGE (much bigger than is typical with more modern hotels). This was exactly what we needed because we evacuated with 5 cats (and had to set up all their individual, collapsible cages in the room). The rooms were so reasonable that we decided to rent two - one for the cats & one for the people. There was a refundable pet deposit involved, but we “passed inspection” and got our deposit back. (Hint: We had brought along a small Shark vacuum cleaner & kept up with the cats.) The small frig & microwave in each room were nice to have, as was the free breakfast and wireless Internet. Because of this experience, we again booked two rooms when Hurricane Isaac threatened recently. We decided, at the last minute, to cancel the rooms & “ride out the storm” at home. The hotel manager was very understanding and did not charge us the first night's rent (which she could have done). No, it’s not the Hilton or a cutsie B&B, but we found the rooms to be clean and the River View management to be very friendly and accommodating. We’re definitely keeping them on our list!

Room Tip: I believe the rooms along the front (near the reception area) are in better condition.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I attempted to stay stay here with a girlfriend on our Southern vacation. We were immediately stared at by the seedy construction workers who were staying at the apartments across the street. The room was musty, dirty, had bugs & the bed linens & pillows stunk & had yellow stains on them. There were no lights on the balcony which was accessed by stairs in the back. Our sliding glass doors lock was broken & wouldn't lock.It would of been very easy for someone to come up the stairs in the night & come in through the sliding glass doors.The decor was from the 1970's & had a tv with rabbit ears. I sat in a chair up against the front door because I was scared. The front door had been kicked in before because the door jam was cracked & the lock was flimsy & loose. We were in that room for one hour before we felt it was impossible to stay here. This motel was the absolute worst motel I have ever been to in my entire life. Fearing for our safety & the conditions of the room we demanded a refund & the owners complied with no hassles.This would be a good place for prostitutes & drug addicts to stay, Certainly not for 2 women traveling alone or families.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Riverview Inn Motel & Apartments? Share your experiences!