“It's OK. Same menu as Mama's, the Landing, Papa's, etc. Fried everything, basically.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Mariner's

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 58 Restaurants in Natchitoches
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Nice location at the lake. Sit outdoors if it is not windy. Service is OK. Atmosphere is OK, sort of aims to be the "upscale" joint in town. Same menu as everywhere else, though. Mostly fried, heavily battered. Very few things that are not fried, heavily battered. Couple of the fish dishes are OK, the etouffee is nice, same as it is in every other joint in town. Like I said - it's OK.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

New Orleans, LA
“What a nice place....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I want to start by saying that the photos on tripadvisor do not do this place justice. This restaurant has one of the nicest layouts that I have ever seen in a restaurant and the ambiance to go with it. We really enjoyed the staff and the food. Their shrimp and artichoke bisque was a highlight of the dinner and should not be missed. I had the blackened tuna. Although not cooked as I had asked, the dish was good and the accompanying asian sauce was wonderful. My wife had the stuffed flounder. The fish was tasty and the house made stuffing was very good. For the price I would have liked to have seen the food presented a bit more elegantly. The dishes were very plain and the garnish seemed old. We had the house desert and wanted a second. As it was our anniversary dinner, I would say that we were very pleased with the food and service. Our waiter was amazing and very helpful.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fort Worth, Texas
“A second visit.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

This was our second trip to Mariners for dinner. I think the memory of a newly discovered place is always the best, but even though our second visit was on a busy holiday night, the service was good, and the food overall was exactually as ordered. But... this time I sampled the broiled oysters....oysters rockefeller and oysters bienville. Very poor. Couldn't find the oyster buried in the midst of a gooey mass of breading, cheese, spinich and other additions which had long since gotten cold and discolored. So, my advice is to skip the broiled oysters. The rest of the food was good, and the wine by the glass was very nice. I will go again and do still recommend this place to others.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Pa
“great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Marriner's is acually two parts, Mariners which is a fine dinning area and The cove, wich is a bar dinning area.more casual than the resturant side. food was good staff great very clean and atmousphere.
I ate in the cove a few times, restuarant never, reasonble pricing, normal servings.

You have to understand one thing about natchitoches, all the eating places are average at best. its unbelievable because its a tourest area. i have been here 2 1/2 weeks and making a point of eating at a new place everyday i can honestly say there is nothing outstanding. the cove is a little above the rest, there food at least has some flavor and taste.

nothing in this town has any local food except meat pies, everything really bland. i had some itaian at a place i would feed my dog. they are not listed or i would review it also.

the cove an excelent place to eat and hang. recomend it highly.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Texas
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Excellent dining. We had heard it was very good, then heard it was over-rated. Decided to try it anyway ......It was not over-rated. It was very pleasant dining and all of the food that we had was exceptional. Best food that we had in Natchitoches...and we ate at several of the main restaurants.

• 5 of 5 stars Food