“Such a disappointment!” 2 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 58 Restaurants in Natchitoches
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Wake Forest
“Such a disappointment!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

We ate at Mariner's several times on our last visit to the area and the food was wonderful. We couldn't wait to eat there again. Our whole experience was such disappointment! The food was just not very good. The fried oysters were not edible and the salmon was overdone and tasteless. Such a disappointment. Will not go there again.

Visited July 2012

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Graduation Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

We celebrated our Nephew's graduation dinner here. Fantastic! Loved the crawfish etouffee.

Visited May 2012
Austin, TX
“Good view but service has really gone downhill, food is subpar too”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I went here for a high school reunion brunch. Our party was seated outside, but unfortunately there were not enough seats out there to accommodate everyone. My gf and I then sat at a lower level waiting for service but a waiter never showed up. I asked a waitress nearby and she said that area was closed for seating. I then asked if I could move the chair and table upstairs to the area where my party was, but she declined. We got the planner for the event to talk to the manager and we were able to move the table and get seated. However, the service was slow in coming. When the food finally arrived, my gf found the ettouffee to be a soup instead of a dish. She found the crawfish to be overcooked. I found the meat pies to be flavorless.

The view of the lake is good, but why put up with this?

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Great food, great service, great view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

Front Street is the historic pat of Natchitoches, and there are several good restaurants there. But having now tried Mariner's, it's our new favorite. The food was excellent, as was the service. The location on Sibley Lake provides great views from both inside and the outside dining areas. There is ample parking, unlike downtown. And the location is quite convenient whether you're staying downtown or at one of the hotels out near I-49. We'll definitely be back the next time we visit Natchitoches.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hugo, Oklahoma
“Great View on the lake”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

A place with good food, a little class and a great view. I went here twice while in town on business. Good food. Prices a little on the high side.

Visited May 2012