“Not Recommended to Anyone” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Tante Huppe

Tante Huppe
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Natchitoches
Tante Huppe
You added Tante Huppe to your Saves list
424 Jefferson Street,, Natchitoches, LA 71457   |
Ranked #16 of 28 Natchitoches B&B and Inns
TX
“Not Recommended to Anyone”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2005

My three sisters and Mother and I stayed in June. We knew it would be continental breakfast but I don't consider Little Debbie snack cakes anywhere near acceptable. I agree with some of the other comments on this site....the fruit was old and lumpy. The cereal boxes were tiny. They were not "refreshed" the next day. The bathroom was not really clean and neither was the kitchen. There was a glass with lipstick on it in the cabinet. I didn't want to use any of the utensils as they looked old and not very clean. My sisters' room didn't have hot water and we all camped out on the floor and on sofas in one room the second night. The pool was not cleaned until after it was used by guests, but it was clean for the owner to use that night. The people who stayed above us the first night didn't even get the Little Debbie breakfast. There was no breakfast of any kind. The bathroom shower curtain was stained. If we could have found any other accomodation the second night of our stay, we would have switched, but nothing was available as it was the weekend of the Melrose Arts and Crafts Festival. We weren't offered any discount for not having hot water. I will probably return to the city but never to this inn, and I will be sure to tell everyone I know to avoid it

• Stayed June 2005

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Wimberley, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2005

If you are looking for a bed/breakfast, do not stay here. I wish I had seen posting prior to staying here. Room was not as clean as it should have been, with trash from last guest in room. Breakfast was two old apples in fridge left over from another guest who did not want old fruit either. Milk was out of date, and box of cereal was out of date. Cont breakfast was one container of milk, one container of orange juice, two boxes of cereal, and old twinkes or something that looked like them. Don't know how long they had been there, looked like a while. Owner made no effort to check each day if you had eaten the 'breakfast'. This was what he considered you needed for the 3 days we were there. I have been to the city before and will go again, but not stay here. A real disappointment for the $95.00 a night he charged. Talking to people in town, owner was past mayor and property has been in family for over 200 years, but he is obviously burned out on keeping a bed and breakfast. Grounds were nice and well kept, but this is not what you expect.

• Stayed April 2005
Seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2005

We were excited to stay here and get to talk to the owner about Natchitoches. Firstly, the room (gallery) while large, was not well cleaned. He knew in advance we'd be using the sofa bed and when we checked in he told us it was clean and ready to go. But when we bedded down for the night, the sheets were obviously used, dirty and full of crumbs! The bedspreads and pillows were on the floor in the closet, and when I picked them up, they were full of chiggers and I got bit a few times before I realized what was happening and stuffed them back in the closet. They were also dirty and/or stained. We couldn't get a hold of the owner or anyone else because he was at a cocktail party that night.

So, I spent a cold night with no pillow or bedspread on dirty sheets. Yuck! The next morning we found out that, despite calling his inn a 'bed and breakfast', there was no breakfast, but rather, a tin of Folgers and a basket of Lil' Debbie snakcakes in the fridge. But we could have all we wanted! Yum! Yeeesh.

For shame, Tante Huppe Inn! I got the sense the owner was just paying for his lifestyle renting out the rooms, but had no true calling to hospitality. I won't be back.

• Stayed March 2004
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2003

My husband and I are looking forward to staying at the Tante Huppe Bed and Breakfast again soon. We were married almost 8 years ago and we stayed here for our Honeymoon. It was very romanitic and a perfect getaway. We love staying here and hope to spend our next anniversary here. If you are looking for a beautiful, romantic and peaceful place to stay, this is the place for you.

There are also a lot of other things to do in this local area. Try The Lands End Restaraunt. They have the best steak I have ever had.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2002

We couldn't have had a better experience. The innkeeper and local historian, Mr. Bobby DeBlieux was the epitome of Southern hospitality. Not only is his home a historial treasure trove, he is well versed in the local history and traditions of the Creole Southern artisocracy.

Been to Tante Huppe? Share your experiences!