“Not called Antoon's anymore” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Not called Antoon's anymore”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

This restaurant used to be Antoon's. Now it's called Land & Sea Grill, I think (?). Apparently, it's very popular with the locals. It stayed packed. As soon as they'd clean a table, they were sitting someone down. We were seated fairly quickly. Folks after us were waiting up to 45 minutes. We ordered crab cakes with crawfish etouffee on them for an appetizer. They were delicious! Fat, meaty cakes. The crab was sweet. The etouffee was good, but I wished there would've been more spicy kick to it. They spoke of their salad bar like it was so awesome. Not so great. Bins were empty and salad was wilty. Entrees made up for it! My family ordered the seafood platter, cheese burger, fried shrimp and stuffed fried shrimp. Everything was generously portioned and cooked through. We realized WHY they stay busy!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Lafayette, Louisiana
“I did like the tea...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Thought this would be a good place for lunch. First off, the hostess tried to seat me inside. I told her that I wanted to sit outside and she said "oh, there may be one table open". We get outside on the deck and there are about 5 tables open??? I ordered the Crab Cake Supreme. The crab cake was overfried & the pasta sauce had NO seasoning. In other words, it was a waste of money. I did like the tea though....

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
San Clemente, California
“Good local place...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Good service, but nothing remarkable from the menu. The family enjoyed it, but it wasn't the awesome food we'd been spoiled in other parts of central LA.

Texas USA
“We had a great lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

The service and food was very good and nice setting by the river.

Lake Charles, Louisiana, United States
“Excellent food and atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Loved sitting outside with the view of the river. The crab cakes were awesome!