“Always A Pleasant Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Jersey Village, Texas, United States
“Always A Pleasant Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I've stayed at the Holiday Inn Morgan City many times over the past few years and it is always a great experience. The staff is always friendly and helpful and the rooms are always clean and comfortable. They have good food and a great lunch buffet. I've never had a bad experience.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Htlmgr023, Manager at Holiday Inn Morgan City, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you very much for your review of the Holiday Inn Morgan City. It is so nice to read such positive comments. Filling out surveys can be a time consuming task and we want you to know we appreciate the time you took to share your feedback. Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn and we hope to be of service to you in the future.

Sharon Howell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Prairieville, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We spent our weekend at the Holiday Inn Morgan City for my husband to fish a tournament. From booking to checkout, this staff was awesome. We needed a room that allowed us to charge our boat. Done! We needed to check in early. Done! The room was immaculate! Older hotel but well kept and super clean!!! Bed was super comfy!! Staff so helpful and friendly!! Seafood buffet was delicious and the breakfast buffet was off the charts!! Continental breakfast - whatever - it's a breakfast extravaganza!! Security patrolling the property put us as ease with our boat and equipment in the parking lot. We will make this hotel our "go-to" booking when we are in the area!! Thanks for a great stay!!!

Room Tip: Eat every meal at the hotel - you will not be disappointed!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Htlmgr023, General Manager at Holiday Inn Morgan City, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you very much for taking time to write such a positive review. It is so rewarding to read a review like this and be able to pat your staff on the back. While we aren't always perfect it is always the goal we aim for. It seems like we hit the bullseye this time. Guest like you make our days a little brighter.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

The value is good free breakfast, free drink in the lounge, USA Today delivered to the door,nice pool area.Only drawback is the A/C in room. This is not a new property but completely renovated and kept up. The staff from check in to check out we're unusually friendly. We will be back even tho
They are building a new HI Express .

• Stayed September 2013
Htlmgr023, General Manager at Holiday Inn Morgan City, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you very much for taking time to post your comments regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Morgan City. We have aged some in the last forty years but we like to think of our self as a Legacy hotel. It is always nice to receive positive reviews such as yours. Again, thank you for your comments.

Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Currently it is Wednesday, and I have been staying at this hotel since Sunday. The entire staff is so welcoming and friendly that I am on a first name basis with most of them already. As far as the hotel, itself, goes...a few people gave some undeserving, sub-par reviews. I haven't seen anything to justify any of this. The rooms are VERY clean, spacious, and have great decor/appliances. True they face the exterior, but who cares? My room faces the courtyard with a good sized pool, plenty of patio furniture, and public grills should you want to use them. The ON-SITE laundry services were very helpful, and I like having use of the 24-hr gym (at no cost) across the street rather than a smaller hotel gym with a treadmill and a couple dumbells. There is a FANTASTIC restaurant on-site as well, which offers room service. Breakfast and lunch buffet is in addition to the regular menu items. The icing on the cake is the hotel bar. It is no boring, ordinary one either. This place is two stories with pool tables, a jukebox, plenty of lounge and cocktail seating, a dance floor, ENORMOUS tv's...you name it. I really just can't say enough about this place. I haven't left the hotel since I got here, which is very unusual for me, but you really don't have any need to. I guess the best support I can give is to stay here for the remainder of the week.

Room Tip: At the restaurant, order the "trust your chef" pasta. It can be anything, but mine was a...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Htlmgr023, General Manager at Holiday Inn Morgan City, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write such a complimentary and comprehensive review of your stay. As the General Manager, I must tell you it was a excellent way to end the week. I have printed your sentiments and passed them along to the staff.
Morgan's restaurant is a local favorite and has a strong reputation in the local area. It is always gratifying when someone outside of Louisiana recognizes authentic cajun made from scratch cooking. We take a lot of pride in what we do. I know your kind words will continue to reinforce the sense of pride the employees already have.
When you are back in the area, please come back and visit again.

Perry, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Service - fantastic, Problems - easily fixed with a smile, Amenities - spot on, Restaurant - outstanding service and great food (I even want a shirt from there). Absolutely recommend staying here. We will be back. :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for such a complimentary review. It is always gratifying to know that your hard work and dedication have been noticed. I have printed your positive remarks and shared them with the staff. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay in Morgan City.

Perry, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I recently stayed 3 night at the Holiday Inn in Morgan City, La. I was Impressed with the Food and service by staff and how well mannered the receptionist was while checking in and out of our stay. I must also give Kudos to the Pool area and landscaping done it look very professional and made our time by the pool side very relaxing. I must also make mention of towels by the pool and also floats and toys for the kids to play with while in the pool. I would have to give this stay at the Holiday Inn for my 4th of July vacation a 10 out of 10. I also look forward to going back and staying again because I felt at home and it was a clean friendly environment.

Thanks

Larry Humphreys

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
First let me say thank you for your recent review. It is always gratifying to read a review that is complimentary fo the facilities. We are so happy you were able to enjoy your 4th of July celebration with us. It is gratifying to know you were able to relax and be yourself. I have passed your review along to the staff. It always makes their day when we give them a positive review to read.

Morgan City, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

The staff at the Holiday Inn in Morgan City is top of the line. I've stayed at this hotel many times and I've always found the staff to be exceptionally courteous and professional. When it comes to customer service one person stands out as an example to all, Kristy Toups. After checking out from the hotel, I realized that I had inadvertently left an important business package behind and could not get back to the hotel because I had already flown offshore. Kristy was kind enough to offer to drive 30 minutes out of her way to bring the package to a heliport that could ultimately fly it to me. This is truly service that is above and beyond the call. Special people like Kristy are what make the Holiday Inn in Morgan City an extraordinary hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Htlmgr023, General Manager at Holiday Inn Morgan City, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Morgan City. It is always gratifying to know that our customers notice when we go the extra mile. Kristy Toups is an fundamental part of the team here at the Holiday Inn Morgan City. She is truly and example of what customer service is all about. We all like to know when our efforts have been noticed. I have printed out your comments and shared them with Kristy and the entire staff. Again, thank you for taking the time to recognize Kristy.

Been to Holiday Inn Morgan City? Share your experiences!