“OK but a little noisy” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 16 hotels in Monroe
Dallas
“OK but a little noisy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2009

Picked this hotel for overnight stay on road trip home. saw good review on trip advisor and good price so we stayed here. overall the hotel was nice and clean. a couple things that weren't perfect, we were at the end of hall near exterior door so because the hotel was completely non smoking, the smokers spent their time right outside our door

Other problem was not real well insulated from sound, people upstairs had some young kids that sounded like they were jumping up and down alot which was a little loud for us early in the morning. All things considered we would stay here again though, convenient, clean, and inexpensive. Probably would request a room away from exterior doors next time...

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

85 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
fornnewb
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2009

I stayed here While I was visiting some people. The place was nice. Great staff. And the peds were comfortable!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
jackson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2009

This was a great place. Staff was friendly and good all around

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
Memphis, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2009

My family and I traveled from Memphis, TN and it was our first time coming to Monroe, LA. We didn’t arrive until late at night and saw that there were a few hotels off of I-20 . We decided to check out the Comfort Suites, because it was the first decent hotel we came across. The price was reasonable, so we decided to stay here. As we enter the lobby it was very clean and organized. The room was also very clean and the amenities they provided were great. The staff at this hotel provided great service and was very friendly. The continental breakfast was excellent!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Memphis, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2009

A great hotel. We booked this room by reading the tripadvisor reviews. The room was clean and large. The beds were very comfortable. Perfect for families traveling. Lots of room amenities and front desk staff was efficient and courteous..

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
djshivvy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2009

I stayed at the Comfort Suites while I was in Monroe visiting friends. At most points during the trip I wanted to just stay at the hotel because it was very comforting and just gave me an "at home" feeling. The staff were all very nice, and I didn't have any issues through the stay.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
Stevensville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2009

Saw this was the #1 hotel in Monroe, and as I needed a place to stay along my work route, figured I'd try it out.

Most of the reviews are spot-on. An issue with check-in was handled quickly and the location is right off the highway, which was nice. The rooms were nice, but as is typical with hotels in this class, the walls are paper thin and I could hear conversations pretty easily. The microwave was bolted to the counter which is always somewhat comical. The bed was nice though it looked as if the sheets may not have been changed.

I was not impressed with the exercise room (just 3 pieces of equipment) and the breakfast. Sure, they serve some hot items (eggs that were obviously microwaved and some gravy in a crock pot) but it isn't much of a "deluxe" breakfast. I ended up eating a yogurt and a cereal, though they did have the obligatory waffle maker and bagels and pastries. It really is on par with the normal continental breakfast, in my opinion.

All in all, this is a typical Comfort Suites. Not the best one I've been to and far from the worst. Decent value for the money.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!