“What I Expected” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Monroe
West Hazleton, Pennsylvania
“What I Expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is what I expected in a Comfort Suites. The lobby was recently renovated and is beautiful. Some rooms are also being updated.

Rooms were clean and featured all the basic amenities. Close to the interstate.

• Stayed December 2012
JMRuss, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for taking your valuable time to write a review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at the Comfort Suites of Monroe, LA. Our entire team strive to provide our guests with the best possible service and amenities. It is always nice when someone recognizes their efforts.
We sincerely hope you will return to our hotel in the future.

Thank you again!

Janie Russ,
Directo of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I haven’t stayed in Monroe for about 2 ½ years but prior to that, I had at least a dozen visits. This was always the premiere location to stay in Monroe. But the location is starting to show signs that the owner is starting to let it go. (I.E: Don’t get your suitcase wheels caught on the old loose carpet in the elevator…which is only there to cover the loose floor-tiles. AC is long past due for cleaning, etc). Breakfast selection has been cut way back to the basic Choice selections instead of a lot of little extras they used to have. The staff is still very friendly tho. But one issue..ok, its petty, but when you travel a lot, these are the little things that stand out. The first time I stayed I noticed the snack and soda machines were low. OK, so….except the next time, same thing…and again. It was turning into the joke of each stay. I looked back on the review of my 4th visit. Same thing. The machines are always ¾ empty. Doesn’t this location understand profit center? Oh well…it was time for a change.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
JMRuss, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear MrBigTraveler,

Thank you for reviewing the Comfort Suites of Monroe, LA. I would like to start by thanking you for making our Comfort Suites your hotel of choice over the years. I would also like to assure you that all feedback given to us from our guests is taken into serious consideration and truly appreciated so that we can improve for the future. Furthermore, it is my pleasure to share with you that we are undergoing renovations in the very near future to better serve our guests and visitors.

We certainly hope that you will give us another chance during your future travels to the Monroe area. Thank you for your time and business.

jonesboro
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Smoke free hotel always make its nice. Room was clean and comfortable. Check in was quick and friendly. Did not have time to eat breakfast but the area looked good and selection looked good as well. Had no issues. Good location to restaurants, mall, downtown and freeway.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
jruss12, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear bnatigcomman,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Comfort Suites of Monroe, LA! We were thrilled to read your kind comments about our hotel and the services we offer. We also appreciate that you would recommend our hotel to others because of your satisfactory experience with us.

Your review will be passed on to the staff and management. Thank you for your business. We hope to see you again in the future!

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I kept looking for a 2 queen suite everywhere in this area and I just decided to call, the guy at the front desk helped me get the room I needed everything was ready when I got there even though we were late

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Dear lovelyk97,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Comfort Suites of Monroe, LA! We were thrilled to hear that you were pleased with your experience at our hotel. We are always happy and willing to accommodate our guests to the best of our abilities. We certainly look forward to seeing you in the future. Thank you!

Ashland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

The room and the hotel itself are in really good shape. The room was clean and comfortable. The only problem was about 4:45am on the morning of the 6-25-12 the smoke detector over the bed decided to go off. So i called the front desk to see what is going on, but after about 10 rings and no answer I gave up. I noticed the other alarm in the room wasn't going off nor were any of the alarms in the halls.

So I put a chair on the bed and took it down and got it to turn off. After getting ready for the day I took the detector to the front desk and there was this horrible music blaring from the breakfast area tv. I had to ask if anyone was home and when the guy came out I explained what happened. He apologized which was fine. I just didn't want charged for it.

Then at breakfast there was only about half the stuff out. So we ate was available. Then a staff lady came in and called the front desk guy over and started telling him everything he did wrong. His body language said he didn't really care what she had to say.

Management might want to look into this guy's attitude.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Dear Pat c,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Comfort Suites of Monroe, LA. We were glad to see that you were satisfied with the cleanliness and comfort of your guest room. However, I would like to extend my sincerest apologies for the smoke detector and the inconvenience the noise caused you during your stay with us. I would like to assure you that we are looking into this right away and that the proper steps have been taken to correct this as soon as possible.

We truly value your comments and concerns about our hotel and our staff. Your review will be shared with them and also with management to help us improve for the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Everything was good at motel, except my room was next to kitchen(Rm#122) and it was noisy morning and night. Would stay at this motel again but not in that room. Friendly staff also.

• Stayed June 2012
, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Dear Troy1960,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Comfort Suites of Monroe, LA! We appreciate your comment about our friendly staff. However, I understand how important it is to get a good nights rest and would like to apologize for any inconvenience our breakfast and evening manager's reception may have caused you during your stay with us. Your comments will be shared with the staff and management.

We appreciate you and truly value your business. We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

My family and I have stayed here many times on our trips to/from Texas. We have been pleased with the quality and value of this hotel every time. The location is convenient to the interstate and it's near many fast and sit down restaurants. The rooms are what you expect from Comfort Suites--roomy and clean.

Breakfast is generally good with different hot and cold options. The woman who works as the breakfast attendant is very friendly and even helped us with making waffles one day. She keeps the area very clean and welcoming.

My only complaint is that the rugs could use a good shampooing in the rooms. We really like this hotel and will probably be returning when we travel again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
jruss12, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Dear Georgiagal02,

We appreciate you taking the time to review the Comfort Suites of Monroe, LA! We were so pleased to hear that you are consistently satisfied with our guest rooms and breakfast. We would also like to thank you for the comment about the carpet in the guest rooms. We take all of our guests comments into consideration to better ourselves.

Fax: 318.410.0145

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!