“Noise is horrible” 3 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn Monroe

Save Saved
You added La Quinta Inn Monroe to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn Monroe
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1035 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, Monroe, LA 71203-5542   |
Ranked #8 of 16 hotels in Monroe
Paoli, IN
“Noise is horrible”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here one night & I won't be back. Room was clean, bed comfortable but if you're used to quiet during the night this is not the place to stay. Right near a railroad track & 5 trains came through during the night waking me each time. Traffic noise is horrible & there is no way to keep the heating/air unit in the run on just fan to help drown out the noises. The unit was another noise factor constantly turning on & off all night long. Worst of all I wore ear plugs all night & still had a rough night. Don't stay here if you're a light sleeper.

• Stayed April 2013

91 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Palestine, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I had called ahead to make sure I had a frig in room woman wasn't very helpful said if it wasn't a King size bedroom it would only be if available to call back morning I was coming in which I did but when I got there, not only was there no frig but when I went in bathroom there was hair all over shower on wall!UGH Travis I think his name did get a frig out of another room for me brought cleaner and I wiped down shower got me towels since there was one! For 2 females,one cup maids are on crack! Beds are ok, bad area of town can see drug deals and hookers cops even stopped our guys asking why they were in this part of town after going down to Valero station where everything was out in the open going on we can understand.Next day door wouldn't open for any of us (4) rooms then no bag to go into ice bucket I call they said oh we're phasing those out though the other 3 rooms had them,after I referred to the shower situation from the day before they finally found us one,but not the next day,door didn't open 2 more days when we came home single women DO NOT STAY THERE! Breakfast was the only decent thing they did.driveways are locked so there's only limited entrance wonder why!? I wouldn't even get gas in the area went down to a more lit exit. No I will never stay there again I'll find a better safer place!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hillsboro, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I stayed over night at the La Quinta and Monroe La. on my way back to TX. from N. Myrtle Beach last week. La Quinta's are Pet Friendly which is one reason I stay at them. Another reason I like La Quinta's is they are a nice hotel easy on and off the Interstate Highways and reasonable priced. The personal they have on staff are usually very nice, knowledgeable and helpful when asked questions about local restaurants etc. The properties are usually clean, well maintained and the rooms are usually the same.
During my stay at the location in Monroe La. the towels in my room were small and very thin. Not of very good quality. There was some dirt build up in the corners of the bathroom floor and the bath tub wasn't very inviting either.I thought toilet seat was about to fall off. All the housekeeper had to do was mention this to someone at the front desk in order to get it tightened up or replaced if necessary.
The lobby and breakfast area were clean and breakfast items fresh. The front desk clerk at check in made a recommendation on a restaurant with directions for supper which turned out to be real good and close by. Upon check out the front desk clerk gave me excellent directions to a near by refueling station. Over all I don't think you can beat La Quinta for value and quality stay when travelling.

Room Tip: Don't get a room near the office as noisy quests will be going to the lobby for the breakfast ba...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Lewisville, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Nice motel for the money. There will be trains thru the night and the party crowd does walk the corridors all night. Kind of expect this at a motel at this price point. Wi-Fi never worked! Front Desk just gave number to Tech Service (probably in Bombay, India)! After two phone calls and 20 minutes on the phone, I just gave up!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

This is an older hotel property located next to I 20. Easy on and off. Close to dining out. The room was very clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. If the property wasn't so old I would rate it higher. The surrounding area is a bit messy, trash and garbage noticeable when walking the dog. Hard to beat the price for a place to sleep.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

If you need a place to sleep, don't hesitate to stop here. Everyone working the front desk is friendly and helpful. The room was basic, but clean. This is a motel - not a hotel. I try not to stay at motels when I'm alone or with my daughter, but felt completely safe here. Breakfast doesn't overwhelm with options, but has anything you'd need. For the price, it's a good place to stop when traveling.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Motel atmosphere friendly and quiet. . I will be a return guest should I need a place to stay in this area in the future. The only noise was due to the fact that this motel is very handy to I-20. and there are train tracks near by.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn Monroe? Share your experiences!