“Nice surprise” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Monroe

You added Super 8 Monroe to your Saves list
Super 8 Monroe
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1601 Martin Luther King Drive, I-20 & Exit 118A, Monroe, LA 71202   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights, Save 25%
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Monroe
plano texas
“Nice surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

We used this hotel as an overnight stop on the way back from a vacation. I will say I was a little surprised at just how nice it was. The staff was super friendly. The lobby and area was very clean. This may have been a previous hotel, not laid out like your regular super 8. The cost was very low, the room was huge, fully loaded and very very clean, the AC was really cold, the water was hot. They even have a pool. What was really nice was at the end of the building was a great Mexican restaurant you could walk to. We stayed over on a Friday night and it was not noisy. The morning buffet was fresh, hot, full and it was ok, nothing spectacular, but free. The morning staff was just as nice and friendly. All the staff were American. Bottom line...I would stay here again as an overnight stop, make sure to go to the Mexican place next door, it was yummy.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Willow Park, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

After a terrible 2 nights at the Super 8 in Madison, GA I was skeptical about the coming stay at Super 8 Monroe. Never should have worried. Lady who checked us in around 6pm was a doll. Asked her about Cajun place called Cormiers. Knew it. Ate there. Gave me better directions than my GPS or Iphone Google maps. Place is not brand new. But very clean and rooms are much larger than typical newer ones. Asked for a couple of extra towels. No problem. Good TV and great channel selection. Great beds. The beds were as comfortable as the Crowne Plaza Dubai or Westin Maui. Breakfast was typical Super 8. But the morning lady was on top of her game just like the lady the night before. Every 10 minutes making sure there was plenty of fresh fruit. Cold milk. Fresh hot coffee and lots of waffles. Local papers for free. You could tell the huge difference in management from Madison Super 8. If I had any complaint it would be the shower heads. I am 6'4" and they are plumbed in the old fashioned lower way that hit me in chest. But they are the newer big head adjustable kind with good pressure so I can overlook that considering the wonderful folks running the place. Very reasonable pricing. Place was about full so others must know it is a good one. Give it a try!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
WAPANUCKA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Hard to get extra towels and pillows. Shower preasure wasn't very good. Had to really jam the door to get it to shoot and lock. Beds where good quality and comfortable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We were stayin 2 nights for an archery shoot in WM. Upon arrival, the rooms were great- we were very pleased with the cleanliness of the room. On the last day of our stay, we ran into An incident where my husband went to the shoot earlier than I wanted to go, but he accidentally left with the car keys. Unfortunately, I was stuck in the room with nowhere to go. When I called the front desk for an extended checkout and explained to them our situation- they said that they would extend it an hour but not a minute later. I know that it was our mistake, BUT although he would be arriving at 12:10 (10 minutes after the extended checkout) and even though there were plenty of empty rooms, I had to go to the small lobby, with all of our things, and wait! It was a little upsetting.

• Stayed April 2013
Alexandria, Louisiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Can't beat it for the price. The room smelled good when I walked in. Linens were clean. The room was nice and warm which was greatly appreciated at 2am on a cold night! The bed was very comfy. The bedspread & sofa could use a good super-cleaning but I believe I'll be staying there again. :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monroe
BEST WESTERN Airport Inn
Comfort Suites
#5 of 15 in Monroe
4.0 of 5 stars 115 reviews
Clarion Inn & Suites and Conference Center

Been to Super 8 Monroe? Share your experiences!