“ULM Homecoming” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Monroe

Save Saved
You added Super 8 Monroe to your Saves list
Super 8 Monroe
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1601 Martin Luther King Drive, I-20 & Exit 118A, Monroe, LA 71202   |
Ranked #7 of 16 hotels in Monroe

70 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

While I had my issues with small things like a bathroom door that was hard to close and a worn carpet, overall the room provided great value and very comfortable accommodations during my stay. I was actually surprised at just how comfortable I was during the stay. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed here for 2 weeks. They are in the process of renovating all of the rooms and the new rooms are great. The staff is friendly and helpful. If you book this on line, the rate is wonderful. You can not find a better place to stay for the money. This is one of the best Super 8's I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
TYLER
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

everything was great no problems at all just a wonderful stay in a hotel i stay in many hotels and i say this is one of the best

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Europe
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Okay so let me start by saying that we were not looking for something fabulous ... but it wasn't the cheapest motel of the area and I travel with my wife and daughter and safety is probably my main concern.

First when we arrived there were 20 people in the (very) small pool some drinking beers with children jumping everywhere... Why not but we don't think there were even staying in the motel.
We should have been warned when we couldn't park on the parking lot: cars (or what's left of cars) were parked in the middle, on two spaces with scary-looking people listening to rap music. okayyyyy why not I told myself but I should have seen the rest coming.

I got my key and when we got to the room it was FILTHY... the carpet was dirty beyond words... we walked with our bare feet and they were black: stains, leftovers....
Then I checked the microwave: stains from a previous guest and RUST ... yes, rust in a microwave... not only this is unhygienic but it is dangerous as well... we didn't even dare use it ... no way.
The chair near the desk : it had crumbles from a previous guest I guess.
The bathroom ... well, the door wouldn't close, the bathtub had a hole and was barely clean and there were 2 towels (we were three)... so I asked for an extra.. the guy was nice though (guess it was not his fault)

I should have complained but considering the motel I knew every room would have been the same so WE Cleaned (with bleach) the bathroom.

So the place was squalid... we even considered leaving at once (but my daughter was really tired)... needless to say that I put our suitcases in front the door to block it... but we were ready to flee at once. I've been in the army and I'm not easily scared but this was TERRIBLE

Next door there is a seedy bar and the type of people it can bring...
ALL NIGHT LONG (believe me I checked) there were cars coming to the parking lot of the hotel and staying there with their lights on .... doing what ? I'll never know but this is the first time I've seen that.

NEVER again will I stay in such a place ... not only it was dirty (and this is simply UNacceptable) but it felt dangerous and scary ... do yourself a favor and go somewhere else.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else ... this is NOT a good place to stay especially if you have children.