Stayed here one night on business. The women at the front desk was friendly. We got a room in the back on the 2nd floor. Immediately upon walking in the room, I could smell stale cigarette smoke. Being a reformed smoker, I could smell it right away. The front desk was apologetic and upgraded us to another room that was a suite and supposedly a non-smoking room. When we walked into that room, it also smelled like smoke, but at that point we figured every room must smell that way. We stayed because it was late in the day and we had an appointment in the area the next morning. Even the bath towels smelled horrible.
I would choose another hotel if cigarette smell bothers you. If not, by all means stay here. The people were friendly and the room was quiet.