“Clean, comfy rooms, but "BYOB" (breakfast).” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Monroe
“Clean, comfy rooms, but "BYOB" (breakfast).”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

The room was nice & large. Appears to be an older property with recent remodeling. Behind gas station off freeway. Not much else nearby (other than a Sam's Club). Bed comfy, but not firm. Clean & well stocked. Two story bldg w/no elevator. Staff polite & efficient. Only complaint was breakfast. Was not ready at 6am as stated. Single worker (covered front desk and bkfst area) obviously was not enough to do both tasks. And, food quality was the worst of my recent 7 Best Western stays over the past 2 weeks. This location is OK if you're looking for a quick overnight stay - just bring your own breakfast, or eat somewhere down the road.

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012 via mobile

As a woman traveling on business I wont stay here again. Lobby was locked at 10 pm and no guest key pass. To get assistance during a severe storm i was required to walk around the building in the parking lot. Bathtub was broken. Access to hotel is through a gas station parking lot. Beds are comfortable. Clean room.

• Stayed March 2012
North, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

This is an older Inn but clean and comfortable. Parking at the door which is a big plus for me for security reasons. Requested and recieved 1st floor drive up. As a smoker I usally get assigned less desiable rooms not here, the room was clean and fresh smelling, not stinky as is usally the case. Actually had a ceiling fan first I've seen in a regular motel room. The only way I could tell it was older was because of the hair dryer which was antique had to be the 1st model ever put in motels looked like a shop vac, but it worked just fine.
Breakfast sucked evrything was cold stale and tasteless, saw several people throw away there whole plate as did I.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Forney, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

My friend and I stayed at Best Western in April 2011.the rooms was clean & staff was nice..I will come and stay in the future. TJones

Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011 via mobile

the rooms are nice but the front desk workers are very rude and they're not friendly in the least bit. i was a guest and they asked what room number I was in and then refused breakfast.

• Stayed May 2011
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011 via mobile

• Stayed May 2011
Richmond, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011

First off, please note, I am a Platinum Gold Crown Club member of Best Western. For business purposes I spend an average of 275-300 nights per year in hotel rooms. I had made my reservation through Best Western's 800#. Had a confirmation number, that linked several days of stay, within the same hotel. I was not impressed with the lack of hospitality upon my arrival. The accommodations were standard for the middle of the road choice offered by Best Western. The second night, as outlined in my reservation itinerary; I switched from a 2 bed room into a "king" room. Upon first glance, I was not impressed with the black mold growing in the bathtub. As with many nuances involving hotel stays, I just ignored the mold. Unfortunately, I could not ignore the lack of sleep I was denied due to the most horrific mattress I have ever slept on. The bed had a horrible sway, rendering one entire side to be a "sink hole". As I am a man of stature, 6'7", I know the difference between a king size bed is the moment I lay in it. This was the smallest King bed I have ever slept in...perhaps it was the "Napoleon" version. In the morning I requested to be moved to another "King" room. When the person at the front desk asked why, I explained the mattress was horrible and I was unable to get a good nights' sleep after working 18 hours. Her response dumbfounded me. First off, requesting another room should have been all that was necessary. On the contrary, the front desk person came off offensive when she started in a sarcastic snare "it can not be...all the rooms have new mattresses." I stated that they must have missed this room when replacing the old mattresses as i have never seen a NEW mattress featuring a gigantic sway in it. She just responded that another room would have the same mattress. Then she stated that what did it matter as I was only staying for one night. I informed her that she was incorrect...my reservation was for 6 nights. She proceeded to argue with me. As it takes two to argue...and I was exhausted...I returned to my room and called Best Western customer service. Canceled the remainder of my reservation at this location. Went online and made a reservation at Marriott's Courtyard on the other side of the highway. As I was packing up the front desk called and offered a King suite for the remainder of my stay. How did she come to the conclusion I had reservations for more than the one night ? She REPEATEDLY insisted I was only staying one night. I turned her offer down. For the principle that she did not apologize for her error, lack of hospitality, and general customer service skills....a little grace about then would have made all the difference. Her gesture came across as if I was seeking something for nothing.....believe me if there had been a Hyatt in the area there would have never been a second thought of where I would give my business to. I will NEVER stay at this Best Western location again.

Room Tip: quiet rooms