“Good for the price” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Monroe
Lubbock
“Good for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

La Quinta has no pet fees and gives discounts for active military so I decided to try it out while in Monroe. The area is decent, right off the main highway with lots of truckers. The mall and food can be found close down the side street. The room was very average and small. Breakfast was waffles and warm eggs with muffins and toast, cereal and juices. Because the hotel is next to the highway and the train tracks, a train can occasionally be heard in the night along with cars. The room was clean and Eric at the front was wonderful. All in all, the price made me happy and my stay was comfortable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Coalmont, Tennessee, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

my aunt and i stayed for four nights we had a clean room and we absolutely loved eric who checked us in after an eight hour drive. he does his job with excellence and a great attitude we would stay there again just because of him!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Denton, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at many La Quinta Inns and have been satisfied with the service and cleanliness, but I would not recommend staying here. The room was dirty, smelled, the bath tub had hairs in it and stains, and the bedspread looked like it had a blood stain right in the middle of the bed plus another black stain. Also, we called ahead to reserve a king size bed room and when we got there, they were going to put us in a two-double bed room. We ended out with the king size but in a handicap room. The entrance to the hotel is difficult to see and confusing when arriving at night. There could be better hospitality found elsewhere. The complementary breakfast was ok. I would not recommend staying here. It was not worth the money we spent.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed at La Qinta Monroe but wished I hadn't. The room was decoration was worn and the room gernerally was tired and a bit down at heel. I had to reach behind the dresser because the TV didn't work as the lead wasn't in the socket properly and found a true spider paradice and more dust than any room should have. The worst, however, was waking up to my wife saying she would never trust me to book a hotel again and making me kill the roaches in the bathroom so she could take a shower. No one should have to kill roaches before they are allowed to have a cup of coffee and put their pants on!!
The redeaming features of this hotel were the member of staff who checked us in who made us welcome and the swimming pool wich was good. The breakfast was OK and there was plenty of it

Room Tip: Get a room near reception they looked better
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Aurora, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed here for close proximity to Monroe Civic Center for dog show. Room itself was clean but the bathroom toilet was either dirty or stained, previous mold around tub present under caulking and the toe floor looked dirty. I would wake up with bites on my body. Four nights was $400, not worth it. I've stayed at many La Quinta Inns but this one was just plain nasty.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Apparently, there was a huge convention in Monroe so La Quinta had the only vacancy in town. So at least, we had a place to stay. Not much good to say after that. I knew the place already had a bad rep because I went to college in Monroe and heard complaints 10 years ago. So I was apprehensive and looking for problems. I immediately pulled the sheets down and found lots of hair in the leg area of the bed. The sheets were wrinkled like someone had already slept in the bed. So called the front desk for a new set of sheets, specifically. Front desk was nice and would bring them right up. The security guard brought up a comforter. I said we need the sheets, fitted and flat. Then, he brought a whole set for a queen bed, we had a king. At that point, we just made it work. Next, while I was moving the coffee maker on the sink, a baby roach scurried away. So I made plans to make it the free breakfast for coffee. They had an instant coffee machine. I couldn't believe it. Instant coffee, really? So I gave the coffee maker a chance in the room. I did a trial clean through with just water, and 3 more baby roaches appeared. This place needs a thorough clean up. The carpet was old and dingy. If they would just get new carpet and an exterminator, it wouldn't be that bad. And I guess they need to go behind their maids.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to Motel 6 Monroe? Share your experiences!