“Do NOT, I repeat DO NOT stay here!!” 1 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Monroe
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1035 Martin Luther King Jr Drive, Monroe, LA 71203   |
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Monroe
Oklahoma
“Do NOT, I repeat DO NOT stay here!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2008

First of all, I'm not a person that complains about motels, but in this case, I feel like I need to warn people. Please do not waste your money on this place. My family and I were on our way back from Florida to Oklahoma and had driven for 16 hours and was needing a place to stay. It was about midnight and we saw this place and stopped for the night. The room they gave us was at the very back of the property, which is really creepy at midnight. From the moment we walked in the room, I felt uneasy. This place is disgusting!! Just nasty!! Hair and dirt everywhere, I walked across the floor bare foot and looked down at my feet and they were BLACK on bottom. All night I worried about someone breaking in the room and worried about our vehicle being gone the next morning. We should have just kept on driving because neither my husband nor I got ANY sleep at all. Nicer motels up the road a few miles.

• Liked — Absolutely nothing.
  • Disliked — Absolutely everything.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Scottsdale, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2007

The hotel was *********** i can't explain how bad it was the only thing i can say was good was the front desk they were really nice but from there everything goes down hill! anyway i was with my sister for this trip the first room was ok to me but my sister ran back in the car when she walk in first i was like whats wrong? the celing had a black stains on it and it smelt like a smoking room! i got another room near the pool i think room 131 anyway since i was only their for 1 day i didnt care!! we had to fight mosquitos in the room even thought we was there for the night time of Saturday it was bad i had to have killed about 4 mosquitos that night so really unsat even in the shower room! and also they do not have disturb signs there! so if u stay overnight be alert u make get that knock on the door! So if u are into the nightlife out there and dont want to bring your compainion to a motel because its cheap this is the place for you overall this place SUCKS!! its the worst hotel i have been too. it was fun seeing the mosquitos i am use 2 them in New Orleans.

Jeff
New Orleans

• Liked — the breakfast
  • Disliked — the room
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
los angeles, california
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2007

This is worst hotel I have ever vacationed at. Upon checking in I felt uneasy, of the staff, I was there with other's who had already checked in, so I though its just me. I will say the receptionist at the front desk was very pleasant. The rooms were old and musky, as if it was a smoking room. I asked for non-smoking, I wish I had brought my own bed linens, there's did not look clean. Anyway , I left for the day, put the do not distrub n my door, This was on a Sunday, we were on our way to church (an old fashion church and picnic) this is God's day. I left my vacation money in my room by mistake, but I though since I have the (donot distrub) on the door, and I was to far to turn back, I thought it would be ok. "wrong" the money was not there upon ret\uring. The maids and the maintance I was told are the only ones who have access to the rooms. If this was the only hotel left in monroe that had rooms, I would pitch a tent by the side of the fwy, before I would stay at the "La Qunita, Monroe, La. I travel to monore every 2 years. And also the "complementary breakfast" let me just say "this was not a clean hotel, eat at your own risk. And they have 5 and 7 year olds cleaning the rooms, I have pictures of this...I will be posting these later. One of my group took these pictures

• Liked — the front desk receoptionist
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed July 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2007

Well, where do I begin? We checked into our non-smoking room and a waft of cigarette smoke greeted us. We took a look around, and noticed that hair was everywhere - on the bedding, floor, cabinet, toilet, in the shower and sinks. We complained (we never do) and were given another room that was only slightly cleaner. Around 2 a.m., the air-conditioning unit began smelling funny. I didn't wake my husband, but I took a look and found it glowing. Around that time, the fire alarm sounded. We ended up turning the unit off, and suffered through the heat until morning. We let the desk person know, and we were given a free room. However, we feel it was the least the hotel could do for a night of hell.

• Stayed June 2007
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Plano, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2007

Recently stayed in Monroe at the La Quinta Inn. The place was convenient; very clean; everything worked and was exceptional for a small city motel. A very pleasant stay. Rate of $ 49.00 was very fair. As an example of service, the afternoon clerk when called from the room on the phone was asked if extra coffee was available. She said certainly and I told her I would be right down. Moments later a knock on the door and we had coffee delivered to the room. In the morning a nice continental breakfast was served. Nice place!

• Liked — Clean
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2005

It was during Hurricane Gilbert. We were on the road for 18 hours, in the horrible rain/wind, and couldn't get reservations anywhere. We rested in a Welcome Center parking lot (with hundreds of other folks). Finally we stopped at La Qunita Inn.

That lady at the front desk of the hotel could see how tired and scared we were. We still had no place to shelter ourselves from the approaching storm. She told me to hang around till check out time (about 30-40 minutes) and to help ourselves to thier refreshments they offer the hotel guests.

Well, she found a cancellation/available room and put us up for the night.

I can't tell you how much I appreciated what she did. Its the kind of thing people do when were facing the worst. People seem to always come through for each other.

I couldn't thank her enough for what she did and I wrote a letter to the Hotel thanking them formally. I also asked them to recongize the lady at the desk for her help/concern she showed me.

La Qunita, Gets 2 Thumbs Up from Me !!!

T. Gioia
Violet, La.

Stayed September 2002
louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2005

We stayed there in Dec 2004 & it was fine but on a return visit on 4-10-05, it was AWFUL!
It seems there was a large number of construction crews staying there & our room was in between 2 of their's. First, there were some rather drunk people wandering around the area. After we had settled in the room (about 10pm) someone came & knocked on the door. They were hunting the buddies nearby. A bit later a woman"companion" banged on the door looking for the same bunch. We called the front desk & they supposedly sent the security person to calm things down. We were afraid they would mess with our vehicle since our room was at the back of the place. About 1am some drunk person called looking for their party friends & we called to ask the desk to block calls since we were resuming our long trip the next day. The person on duty told us to unplug the phone.
There are several other hotels nearby & I would suggest giving this one a pass & staying elsewhere.

Been to Motel 6 Monroe? Share your experiences!