“My experience” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Monroe
Needham
“My experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Used a travel coupon to get a good rate. Had stayed at an excellent La Quinta in Sherman, TX the night before and assumed that this La Quinta would be similar. This was a La Quinta with an individual entrance from outside each room.

During the evening an unknown woman came knocking on the door asking for help. We called the front desk and a wonderful woman from the front desk came immediately, asked the woman to leave the premises since she was not a guest. Kudos to the desk clerk.

Heard several trains during the night.

I learned my lesson. Do not stay at hotels that have outside entrances to rooms.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Lafayette, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I never stayed at La Quinta Inn before but since I was going to Monroe for one night I wanted something reasonably priced and within proximity of the event I was attending. I must say for $65 the room was very nice and clean. The beds were fixed upon arrival not to mention we checked in a hr early with no problems! I didn't find anything uncleaned or out of order in the room. The front desk clerk- Eric was very courteous and helpful from the time we checked in until we checked out. The breakfast could've been more but that is expected for this type of establishment. It was good regardless and I will return to this La Quinta the next time I'm in Monroe. :-)

Pensacola, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

LaQuinta Inn's typically are very accommodating. This one is no different. when many guests were unhappy with the weather, they never lost their smiles and worked hard to make everyone happy.
I may very well make it a point to stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Stayed here for 8 days. Had a great stay. Everyone working here went out of there way to help out. They had breakfast out early. Just very pleasant place to stay all the way around. Would highly recommend this hotel for family travel as well as business.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Paoli, IN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stayed here one night & I won't be back. Room was clean, bed comfortable but if you're used to quiet during the night this is not the place to stay. Right near a railroad track & 5 trains came through during the night waking me each time. Traffic noise is horrible & there is no way to keep the heating/air unit in the run on just fan to help drown out the noises. The unit was another noise factor constantly turning on & off all night long. Worst of all I wore ear plugs all night & still had a rough night. Don't stay here if you're a light sleeper.

• Stayed April 2013
Palestine, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I had called ahead to make sure I had a frig in room woman wasn't very helpful said if it wasn't a King size bedroom it would only be if available to call back morning I was coming in which I did but when I got there, not only was there no frig but when I went in bathroom there was hair all over shower on wall!UGH Travis I think his name did get a frig out of another room for me brought cleaner and I wiped down shower got me towels since there was one! For 2 females,one cup maids are on crack! Beds are ok, bad area of town can see drug deals and hookers cops even stopped our guys asking why they were in this part of town after going down to Valero station where everything was out in the open going on we can understand.Next day door wouldn't open for any of us (4) rooms then no bag to go into ice bucket I call they said oh we're phasing those out though the other 3 rooms had them,after I referred to the shower situation from the day before they finally found us one,but not the next day,door didn't open 2 more days when we came home single women DO NOT STAY THERE! Breakfast was the only decent thing they did.driveways are locked so there's only limited entrance wonder why!? I wouldn't even get gas in the area went down to a more lit exit. No I will never stay there again I'll find a better safer place!

Hillsboro, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I stayed over night at the La Quinta and Monroe La. on my way back to TX. from N. Myrtle Beach last week. La Quinta's are Pet Friendly which is one reason I stay at them. Another reason I like La Quinta's is they are a nice hotel easy on and off the Interstate Highways and reasonable priced. The personal they have on staff are usually very nice, knowledgeable and helpful when asked questions about local restaurants etc. The properties are usually clean, well maintained and the rooms are usually the same.
During my stay at the location in Monroe La. the towels in my room were small and very thin. Not of very good quality. There was some dirt build up in the corners of the bathroom floor and the bath tub wasn't very inviting either.I thought toilet seat was about to fall off. All the housekeeper had to do was mention this to someone at the front desk in order to get it tightened up or replaced if necessary.
The lobby and breakfast area were clean and breakfast items fresh. The front desk clerk at check in made a recommendation on a restaurant with directions for supper which turned out to be real good and close by. Upon check out the front desk clerk gave me excellent directions to a near by refueling station. Over all I don't think you can beat La Quinta for value and quality stay when travelling.

Room Tip: Don't get a room near the office as noisy quests will be going to the lobby for the breakfast ba...