“"Motel Hell"” 1 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Monroe to your Saves list
Motel 6 Monroe
Motel 6 Monroe
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1501 Martin L King Drive, I-20 at US 165 Bypass, Exit #118-A, Monroe, LA 71202   |
Ranked #14 of 16 hotels in Monroe
Houston, Texas
“"Motel Hell"”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

If you have a desire to spend a night or two in hell come to this Motel 6, we visit Monroe to attend a memorial service it was a long drive from Houston. The front desk clerk was very nice and friendly, when we arrive to our room it was not very clean, and it reek an unidentified odor after the long trip we were tired and ready to get some shut eye we used some perfume to make the room smell somewhat better.

The showerhead was opposite of where it should have been, the shower was very small whenever you made a turn in the shower if the shower curtain was not touching your buttocks the handicap rail was, and I am not a big person. To make matters worse when I got out of the shower my feet start itching I cannot wait to get home so I can get my whole body bleach clean.
On the second day, we attend the memorial service returning to the hotel to find that the cleaning crew left our room door open. We were afraid to go into the room so we drove to the front office to inform the clerk, she was brave enough to go inside the room alone I stated to the clerk I hope no one stole my computer.

While the clerk was in the room, my sister took it upon herself to give the clerk a tour of the room, and how housekeeping did not do a very good job cleaning at all. The clerk gave us some cleaning solution to use in order to make the room smell better.
The on and off button did not work on the remote control for the television we had to plug and unplug the television, the second night the television lost sound and the channels were changing on its own.

At four o'clock in the morning I was awakened by my sister, she stated that some guys were arguing in the next room. I put my ear to the wall and heard a guy saying I am going to give you five dollars, I became frighten there was no doubt in my mind that some type of drug activities was going on. I flee to the rest room to pray, and then I got my stun gun ready, we were looking forward to daybreak so we can get the hell out of hell however, if you desire to spend a night in hell be motel 6 guest.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

15 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Columbia, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

This motel is in urgent need of help! It could possibly be the worst Motel 6 we have ever stayed at.
First of all, we requested a no-smoking room, however, the room reeked of cigarettes. One of the towels had not been changed, but was obviously used as it was still wet and had a yellowish tint to it. The toilet seat was very dirty and we had to sanitize it ourselves. And overall the room had not been cleaned well in a while.
The only reason we did not complain to the motel manager was that we arrived late after a long day of driving and all we wanted was to go to sleep. And we did! That is why I've given this motel 2 out of 5 instead of 1.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Breaux Bridge
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011 via mobile

They need to leave the light on for you because staying here will give you nightmares! There a fresh spot of blood on my sheets! Carpet filthy. Scary location. I don't think I need to say more but just in case don't stay here!

• Stayed August 2010
Monroe, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2010

To start the stay off I was given a key to my room only to find out when I got there that there was already someone staying in the same room that they had forgot was there. So I get another room and it seemed ok until half way through the night when the air conditioner decided to start blowing warm air. SO the next day I got yet another room since I was paying by the week and was stuck here and the new room had a pile of dead bugs in the corner accompanied by one of the dirtiest bathrooms I've seen. And I work on the road with the piepline and stay in alot of hotels. One of the few places you see now days that you have to pay 3$ a day for internet also. Was told by the front desk that they would get me a fridge and microwave since I'd be staying here possibly months but it ended up being a big run around followed by lie after lie about ordering new fridges and microwaves to they would get me one when someone checked out. Very bad part of town too always a cop in the parking lot and still had drunk people pounding on my door at 2am. I would not suggest this place to anyone spend the extra 12$ a week and stay at the La Quinta. It gets a 1 star only cause ya can't give it a zero.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2009

The Monroe Motel 6 is as nasty a place as it gets. This hotel is so bad, I feel sorry for the cockroaches that call that place home. Even they can do better. First of all, this motel is in one of the highest crime neighborhoods in the city. There is a neighborhood bordering the rear of the property that is a high crime area. Secondly, there's a nightclub practically next door where dubious activities take place almost nightly. Thirdly, criminals seem to like to hole up here. If you value your family's safety, you will keep right on driving by the Monroe Motel 6. In fact, if you absolutely MUST stay overnight in the Monroe area, you are best advised to drive a couple of miles to the west on I-20 into West Monroe. There are better hotels/motels and the area is much, much better, too. There are plenty of restaurants withing walking distance in West Monroe.

The only way I would stay here is if I had 24 hour armed guards at my door. Even then, I'd reconsider...

• Stayed July 2009
Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2008

I chose Motel 6 because it was inexpensive and they usually have relatively pleasant rooms. This motel really reeked with a terrible odor. I asked for a non-smoking room, but the room smelled of smoke and some other stinch that was unidentifiable. Thank God I found a nearby Target so that I could get clean sheets and pillow cases and blankets along with lots of air freshners and bleach and lysol. This motel didnot have wireless internet but they offered Wi-Fi, but it was not working. I asked about the pool and it to was not available, it needed to be cleaned and the pool cleaner was on vacation. Although the hotel attendant was pleasant, it was not enough to constitute and re-visit.

• Liked — check out time
  • Disliked — every thing before checkout
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Taipei, Taiwan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2008

This is an okay quality budget motel. Not much to say about it. They do take pets with no additional charge.

• Stayed May 2008
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Motel 6 Monroe? Share your experiences!