“Nightmare” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Monroe

Motel 6 Monroe
You added Motel 6 Monroe to your Saves list
Motel 6 Monroe
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1501 Martin L King Drive, I-20 at US 165 Bypass, Exit #118-A, Monroe, LA 71202   |
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Monroe
Breaux Bridge
“Nightmare”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011 via mobile

They need to leave the light on for you because staying here will give you nightmares! There a fresh spot of blood on my sheets! Carpet filthy. Scary location. I don't think I need to say more but just in case don't stay here!

• Stayed August 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Monroe, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2010

To start the stay off I was given a key to my room only to find out when I got there that there was already someone staying in the same room that they had forgot was there. So I get another room and it seemed ok until half way through the night when the air conditioner decided to start blowing warm air. SO the next day I got yet another room since I was paying by the week and was stuck here and the new room had a pile of dead bugs in the corner accompanied by one of the dirtiest bathrooms I've seen. And I work on the road with the piepline and stay in alot of hotels. One of the few places you see now days that you have to pay 3$ a day for internet also. Was told by the front desk that they would get me a fridge and microwave since I'd be staying here possibly months but it ended up being a big run around followed by lie after lie about ordering new fridges and microwaves to they would get me one when someone checked out. Very bad part of town too always a cop in the parking lot and still had drunk people pounding on my door at 2am. I would not suggest this place to anyone spend the extra 12$ a week and stay at the La Quinta. It gets a 1 star only cause ya can't give it a zero.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2009

The Monroe Motel 6 is as nasty a place as it gets. This hotel is so bad, I feel sorry for the cockroaches that call that place home. Even they can do better. First of all, this motel is in one of the highest crime neighborhoods in the city. There is a neighborhood bordering the rear of the property that is a high crime area. Secondly, there's a nightclub practically next door where dubious activities take place almost nightly. Thirdly, criminals seem to like to hole up here. If you value your family's safety, you will keep right on driving by the Monroe Motel 6. In fact, if you absolutely MUST stay overnight in the Monroe area, you are best advised to drive a couple of miles to the west on I-20 into West Monroe. There are better hotels/motels and the area is much, much better, too. There are plenty of restaurants withing walking distance in West Monroe.

The only way I would stay here is if I had 24 hour armed guards at my door. Even then, I'd reconsider...

• Stayed July 2009
Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2008

I chose Motel 6 because it was inexpensive and they usually have relatively pleasant rooms. This motel really reeked with a terrible odor. I asked for a non-smoking room, but the room smelled of smoke and some other stinch that was unidentifiable. Thank God I found a nearby Target so that I could get clean sheets and pillow cases and blankets along with lots of air freshners and bleach and lysol. This motel didnot have wireless internet but they offered Wi-Fi, but it was not working. I asked about the pool and it to was not available, it needed to be cleaned and the pool cleaner was on vacation. Although the hotel attendant was pleasant, it was not enough to constitute and re-visit.

• Liked — check out time
  • Disliked — every thing before checkout
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Taipei, Taiwan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2008

This is an okay quality budget motel. Not much to say about it. They do take pets with no additional charge.

• Stayed May 2008
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2008

We have just returned from a weekend trip to Monroe, Louisiana. I originally made reservations for the Motel 6, knowing their motto is clean rooms at affordable prices. I was rluctant as they have not had high speed internet, but I see that they have recently added High SPeed Wireless in all rooms, so I made our reservations. When we arrived at the hotel, the front desk agent seemed irritated to have to get up from her chair to assist me. My room was not ready, which I could understand because I was arriving earlier than expected. I asked the young lady very nicely what time she thought they could have a room ready, she said to come back in 3 hours which would be 11:00AM. I agreed. At 11:00, there still was no room ready for me. At 12:00 There was a room but no towels or pillowcases yet. I agreed.

My party drove around the building to where our room was located only to be greeted by a DISGUSTING pool that looked like a frat party had just broken up, a sidewalk covered with crusty dirt, and trash that appeared to have been there a week. There were trash bags all over the property. I wondered if the city Trash Service had been interupted. There were dying plants out on our air conditioner to greet us!

Our room was decent, but the internet that I specifically needed NEVER worked, and when I called the Desk for help, they simply stated THERE WAS NOTHING THEY COULD DO. So I called the 800 help line listed on the access card they gave me, he was no help at all. I atempted to call Guest Relations for assistance only to be told that they only work 8 to 5 monday through Friday. THIS MOTEL SUCKS. I would have rathered stayed at a no name mom n pop motel in the undesireable part of town than to stay there again.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — SERVICE
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2008

Stayed here overnight during a road trip. Motel 6 is usually known for its reasonable prices and clean rooms, but this one was pretty shabby. it is conveniently located by the highway.

The room was quite dirty. The bathroom hadn't been cleaned and there were stains in the shower and toilet bowl. Had to ask the front desk for some soap and towels (none available). At least the beds were comfortable and looked clean enough.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Motel 6 Monroe? Share your experiences!