“Very nice place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Monroe
Devon, Alberta
“Very nice place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Stayed in Monroe for a wedding, and couldn't be happier with our stay at this place
Not sure what the regular price is, but with the discount we got from the wedding blocking off rooms it was very reasonable
The good:
-One of the cleanest places I've stayed at. Not that I've stayed at dirty places per say, but everything just seemed very neat and spotless
-Rooms were very nice, really enjoued the kitchenette, bathroom was big, everything was just really well done and nice
-Location was awesome, right in a parking lot with a large mall and tons of stores/restuarants
-Too cold for us to swim, but pool did look very nice

The bad:
-Honestly can't think of anything! It was a great stay

If you're going to Monroe, can't picture a better hotel really

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Fredericksburg, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We often stay in Monroe on our way to Tuscaloosa from Austin. We have stayed in 3 of the Marriott properties off Pecanland Mall Rd. The TownePlace Suites are extremely nice and the location allows a bit of shopping and eating before calling it a night.
The hotel staff was professional and friendly. The lobby and rooms were bright and clean. The room was large and well appointed; plenty of mirrors, nice size bath, etc.

Room Tip: Top floor is usually a bit quieter.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Lafayette, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Picked this hotel for location as it was close to both the wedding venue and family.
Checked in received an upgrade which was great. The room was wonderful. I dashed in and out to make it to the wedding on time. Problem started when I returned to room and went to bed at 11 pm. I felt moisture in the rug as I walked barefooted from the bathroom to bedroom - not a good sign. As I tried to go to sleep the mildew smell was overwhelming especially with the heater on as it was a cold night. I knew that the hotel was booked so no switching rooms at midnight. Sleeping was difficult as I have allergy/sinus problems. Oh and then the fire engine shows up. Luckily what ever was going on was taken care of without us having to evacute the room. Mentioned the mildew situation to staff next morning when checking out and also dropped off a comment card for manager. Staff said this was the first they had heard. Will someone paid attention! The young lady who checked us in called to offer her apology. Thank you for your concern and taking care of this matter.

Room Tip: Very busy on weekends - restaurants in area are usually packed so expect a wait. This hotel is in t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a brief, but excellent stay here. It was the best hotel we've stayed in for quite a while...and that's saying a lot because we have practically lived in hotels the past few months due to a unique combination of circumstances. Excellent room and breakfast! This has to be the best lodging available in Monroe.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Mons, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

A group of us stayed there for a week as we were getting married in Monroe and live in Europe. We loved it. The rooms are a great size, everything we needed in the Kitchen. The pool was definitely a nice place to relax after a long day of wedding prep. The staff were extremely helpful and patient, especially since the majority of the group could only speak French. The front desk even worked with my dad when he came in and reserved a suite for our wedding night secretly. The location is also ideal as its right next to the mall and restaurants to easily grab a bite to eat or just stroll through the stores on down time. Also the handicap accessible room was perfect for my mom in law as she has a hard time getting around.

Thank you so much for everything and we will definitely suggest thus place to the out of towners.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel when passing through Monroe. The location was great as it was within walking distance to a large mall and many restaurants. From the many previous reviews I expected it to ge a great stay. The property was newer which is usually a plus. The room we stayed in had a bad smell. I'm not sure what the smell was, possibly from having a pet in the room previously. The breakfast was OK, just the typical fare. I expected better from the previous reviews and was somewhat disappointed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

My first trip to Monroe I stayed in another hotel. It was nice, but once I stayed in TownePlace Suites conveniently located within walking distance of PecanLand Mall and Applebee's restaurant, I have never stayed at any other location. This hotel is new, clean, attractively decorated, and provides free breakfast. The take small pets for an additional fee. The beds are extremely comfortable. I have stayed in the queen studio, king studio, and 2 bedroom suite theres and each room has been wonderful. A+ atmosphere! My only disappointment was that handicap pool lift which my father needed on one visit did not work even though they assured me it would. Something was wrong with the electrical and it was never repaired during our stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to TownePlace Suites Monroe? Share your experiences!