“Great staff... annoyances were rare and miniscule” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Monroe
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Church Point, Louisiana
“Great staff... annoyances were rare and miniscule”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Terrific staff. Everyone had a smile. The workers were frequently chatting with guests, joking with each other, and basically taking care of business while seeming to enjoy the whole thing. I know that if the staff is happy, I will be.

Location is great for a business traveler -- right off the interstate, close to the airport, and near a huge shopping district, including the local mall and a ton of chain restaurants. Not real touristy, but for a business traveler that doesn't have a lot of time to grab a bite or hunt down a particular store for necessities, everything is there.

In the room was a very nice kitchenette, stocked with flatware, dishes, etc. The appliances are not skimpy, either. Microwave, iron, etc, were quality stuff.

Work area consisted of a stationary desk, a movable table (on casters), and a nice lap desk.

A few minor concerns:

1/ more interior soundproofing is in order. Even the lightest steps in the hallway could sound like a herd of elephants. Ironically, noise from the airport and interstate were non-factors.

2/ Continental breakfast could be fuller. Not sparse, but lacks compared to places like Hampton Inn. (NOTE: my visit to the breakfast nook was accompanied by the most wonderful hostess, who made it her job to chat up the guests and made them feel welcome. Incredible charm and energy for someone who has to be at work at 6:30am!)

3/ Local phone calls are an additional charge. My cell phone was giving me trouble and let's say discovered this the hard way. This is unexpected from hotels of this class.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

From the moment I walked inside I felt comfortable and very welcomed by the friendly staff. I absolutely loved how it smelled in there, so refreshing and clean. The check in was very fast. I was very impressed with the room as soon as I walked in. The room was very modern looking which I have never seen before all the way from the cool looking desk to the colorful shower curtain. I loved all the drawers in the bathroom and all over the room had plenty of cabinets to put everything away. The beds were very very comfortable. I was surprised to turn on the tv and find directv on there, I only wish they had Disney channel especially for my kids. I think the next time I go I would buy some groceries to cook breakfast since they really don't offer much for their breakfast except for the waffles. I will definitely be back to this hotel the next time we visit Monroe.

• Stayed May 2012
Tupelo, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

We stayed here on our way back from TX. Location is great - right off the Interstate. This is a new hotel - Upon entering the lobby we were very pleased - bright and airy - Staff was really nice and check in was a breeze - THEN we got to our room, unpacked and got ready for bed - We then saw that we were not the first guests in this bed - it had not been changed! We called the front desk and she placed in a room next door - While the bed was fresh, the bathroom was not. I cleaned it myself, as it was too late to change again. The hotel was quiet - the rooms spacious and had well planned layouts, plenty of plug ins and nice touches. The breakfast was a joke. A staff member made waffles on the machine and the other choice was hard boiled eggs and cereal. Very limited. We would probably not stay here again. (Side note: it is in the Pecanland Mall parking lot - Several restaurants closeby)

Room Tip: Our room did not face the highway so it was quieter.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
kfolt310, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Monroe, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Hello,
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on our hotel. I am sorry your experience was not one that you expect from a Marriott. We have addressed your issues with our housekeeping department. We do hope that you will give us another opportunity if you are in our area again.
Thank you for choosing to stay with TownePlace Suites by Marriott,
Sarah Heatherly
Sales Manager
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

We had an overnight stay at this property while on vacation. The property is conveniently located right off I-20. There is a retail mall and plenty of nearby (i. e. walking distance) dining establishments. The property is apparently new; it is clean, well maintained and our stay was an overall good experience. Breakfast is nothing fancy--mainly hard boiled eggs, cereal, muffins, bagels and spreads. However, if you want a "fancy" breakfast, there are plenty of restaurants nearby.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Irving Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012 via mobile

This room is big and nice and i stayed in room 202. I do have a problem with the people above us. It sounds like they have elephants up there. It is so noisy up stairs and at night. The last few nights have been hard to fall asleep at night. But other than that the place is Great!!!

• Stayed April 2012
Bossier City, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

We were very pleased with our room. It was spacious, very clean & decorated nicely. The staff were all very friendly. We arrived late, so we grabbed dinner next door at the Applebees. It was nice to be able to just walk a few steps to grab some dinner before retiring for the evening. If I had to complain about anything...the coffee was not good. If that is the only complaint, that is a good stay! Highly recommend!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Glen Carbon, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

As a weekly traveler, I stick with Marriott, Hilton, and HI chains. I booked this location because I was using points and it was less than the adjacent Courtyard. The front desk clerk was very personable upon check-in, the room was clean, the fitness center had new equipent - 2 elipticals, treadmills, and a nice bike. The best part of the stay was the lady who ran the breakfast area, and I do mean RAN! From making the waffels, to knowing the names of some of the regulars, this lady was a treat. You could tell she showed up every day to do her job. When in the area, this will be my hotel of choice.

Room Tip: I was on the bottom floor and I did not have any noise issues on either side or above me.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to TownePlace Suites Monroe? Share your experiences!