“Hampton Inn Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 16 hotels in Monroe
Oklahoma City, United States
“Hampton Inn Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Lobby and rooms was clean and smelt freshly sanitized. Bed and pillows are very comfortable. Bathroom are clean and sanitized. Staff was courteous and very accommodating. I would gladly recommend this Hotel to others.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

167 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Atlanta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Front desk attitude is terrible when it comes to solving problems. This hotel is a really bad Hampton inn. It appears it used to be a motel, but on their website it clearly states that all rooms face outdoors, so I am not really complaining about this. My reservation was for one night, and somehow they are accusing me of changing my reservation to two nights. That did not happen, I have proof that my reservation was for one night, and have my checkout receipt for one night. After calling the hotel and Hilton customer service, it seems I am going around circles. Will never stay at another Hampton inn and have cancelled all my Hilton reservations for the future. After hours staff not professional, person not wearing a name tag, not groomed, shirt was wrinkly and not tucked in. Also had 2 people loitering at about 5AM made me feel unsafe. This person checked me out and handed me the receipt, yet reservation was magically extended to two nights. Room was somewhat comfortable, Hampton Inns are known for very comfortable beds, this Hampton Inn matress was hard as a rock. A few bugs inside my room ( mosquitoes and flies ) Stay away. Location also seems unsafe.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
jruss12, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Monroe, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Please accept our sincere apologies for the hassle and frustration you experienced during your recent stay with us. We do our best to provide our guests an uncomplicated and comfortable stay and we regret this was not your impression. We welcome you to contact our offices directly so we may work to correct this billing misstep and hope you will be our guest again in the future so we may show you the quality hospitality you expect and deserve.

Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

This is the worst Hampton I have ever stayed in. There was a constant smell of sewer coming through the air conditioning. Pool was nasty, and got hit up for money from pan handlers working the parking lot. Horrible experience

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
JMRuss, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Monroe, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
I appreciate your candor on your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand that during your stay, the freshness of your room was of concern to you and that there was an unpleasant odor. Unfortunately we do have a paper mill in the area that does present odor challenges to not only our hotel but all other hotels in the area. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and appreciate your taking the time to do so asr it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. All of your comments will be internally discussed with our management team for immediate action.

On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your feedback and are truly sorry we did not succeed creating a memorable experience for you. Should you desire to further discuss your visit, please feel free to contact me. I would love the opportunity to earn your business and have you stay with us again.

Desoto, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

All the comforts of my hotel stay were bad with exception of my bed. I will not be booking this hotel ever again. We were not able to sleep weel due to the heavy smoke smell and the constant noise right outside my door. I also fely like I was being watched each time I went to my truck to retrieve items for my daughter. Totally different experience from last year and we wont be back EVER.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Athens, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Upon arriving the first this that you'll notice is the smell. There is this smell of sewerage outside. When you get into your room it's less prevelant, but you can still smell it. It may be a paper mill or something else, but it smells bad. Also, this is the only Hampton Inn MOTEL I've ever stayed with that didn't have interior hallways. The doors at this Hampton open to the outside, so that makes it a motel. This didn't bother me much until someone a the office I was visiting told me this Hampton was located in a sketchy area of Monroe.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

jruss12, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Monroe, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for taking your valuable time to submit comments on TripAdvisor.com regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We do have several paper mills in the area and unfortunately, they do emit an odor from time to time. Some days, the odor is worse than others. We are very pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay and sincerely hope you will stay when you return our area in the future.

Southern Hospitality Services, LLC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

I'm very disappointed in this hotel. It is not clean. The floor/carpet is sticky there are black bugs in the room. The ceiling is terribly stained. The pool is very milky. Not sure how they can keep it open because it is so cloudy. The lamp in our room is broken.

• Stayed June 2013
JMRuss, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Monroe, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I appreciate you selecting our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed with some issues at our hotel and more specifically regarding our cleanliness. I sincerely apologize that we did not meet expectations and I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure our standards of cleanliness and comfort are consistently met. We strive on providing our guests with a clean and comfortable stay and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that this issue does not occur again. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guests experience and I will keep your review in mind.

Lake Charles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Great accommodations, great service, good location easy to access and find in main part of town has lots of stores and shops around it. Check in and out was fast and convenient. I have stayed here a few times and never had any problems.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
JMRuss, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Monroe, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Al G,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback for the Hampton Inn of Monroe, LA! We were so glad to hear that you are a repeat guest at our hotel and have always found your stay to be a comfortable and relaxing one!

We thank you for your business and can't wait to see you again!

Southern Hospitality Services, LLC
1401 Martin Luther King Jr Drive
Monroe, LA 71202
Phone: 318.547.4672
Fax: 318.410.0145

Been to Hampton Inn Monroe? Share your experiences!