“Clean, Friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Monroe
Sheboygan, WI
“Clean, Friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We stopped here on our way to see the Duck Commander. The rooms were clean, good breakfast. No elevator, all rooms have exterior acess, but we were able to get a first floor room and could park our car right in front of the room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
JMRuss, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Monroe, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear roelskm,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Hampton Inn of Monroe, LA . We were glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the cleanliness, breakfast, and parking to be satisfactory. We hope you had a wonderful time visiting Duck Commander.

We hope to see you again soon!

Fax: 318.410.0145

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Hattiesburg, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

This is a hotel from the 50's. It has a lot of the Hampton quality added but it is old. The fronage road was under construction so entry was an issue. All rooms open to parking which makes security an issue.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Robert R,

We appreciate your feedback about the Hampton Inn of Monroe, LA . We regret the nuisance of the construction work being done by the city near the entrance to the hotel parking lot. We would like to assure you that it is only temporary and should be complete in the next few weeks.

We would like to set your mind at ease that this has always been a Hampton Inn and, although we are an older Hilton property, we are required to follow the highest of Hilton Standards set for every Hampton Inn.

We would like to thank you for your business and your time.

San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Rooms looked great on internet. When we got there the bed were old and lumpy. Pool was lime green. So much for a morning dip. We figured it was only for a short stay so we would deal with it. When we awoke the next morning my daughter noticed a bug on her pillow...only to discover that we had slept in a room infested with bed bugs. Disgusting! I had several blankets and pillows we traveled with in the room that we had to throw away as we were not taking a chance of bringing the critters home.
I took the trash bag and caught a few of the bugs and brought them to the front desk. I told them what happened and they said that the would only charge me for one night. I was fuming upset at this point. I told them that I was not paying for 4 hours sleep in a bed bug infested room. We packed our luggage and cleared out of the room. Later we realized in our hurried exit, my wife had left a bag of jewelry on top of the TV. When we went back, the jewelry was gone and nobody had turned it in. Do not stay here! Bed bugs and thieves.

Room Tip: Do not stay here. Bed bugs! Thieves!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Chris D,

We would like to apologize for the inconveniences caused to you during your stay with us. We would like to assure you that we have been in contact with our local pest control service. Although no bed bugs were found to be in the room, we have taken all of the precautionary measures to protect our future guests.

We would also like to reassure you that a lost and found ticket has been issued for your wife's misplaced jewelry. If it is found, you will surely be contacted.

Birmingham, Alabama, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

The only thing indicative of this being a Hampton is the sign outside and front desk in the lobby. I stay in 125 hotels per year for business and please trust me when I say this: STAY AWAY! I booked non-smoking online and when I arrived, found that I had a smoking room. I was told that non-smoking rooms were "first come, first serve" and even though I'm a HHonors Member, they could not accommodate me. So much for the 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. They were incredibly rude about it on top of that! The cleanliness of the room was a joke and you will not feel safe as this is outside room access where you can hear everyone's conversation as they walk by your room all night long.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Jason R,

We regret that you were not satisfied with your stay at the Hampton Inn of Monroe, LA. Although we are an older property, we strive to put forth our southern hospitality and provide the best possible service. We would like to assure you that we are held to the highest of Hilton Standards and always do our best to make sure each of our guests feel at home during their stay with us.

We apologize to any inconveniences caused to you during your stay.

Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Husband and I were moving across country and ended up staying here one evening. Used Priceline.

Upon arrival, I first noticed that the hotel does have direct access from the street like a motel.

As I stepped out of the car, I was blasted with a heavy aroma that unmistakably smelled of sewage. They were doing some construction out front and that could have possibly been what they were fixing. Regardless, we used Priceline so we were committed.

After checking in, we went to our room only to find that the key didn't work. Upon informing the desk clerk, she said she'd meet us at the room. She said the master key worked but her copies she made were not working. She didn't offer to switch our rooms, instead she said she would send up maintenance. My husband dismissed this as we were only staying the evening passing through town.

The room was old...really old. It probably would have smelled musty and dusty if the air didn't kick in and pump sewer air into the room.

The one good thing I could say about the room? Water pressure.

I would recommend staying elsewhere, even if you're paying a few more dollars, the comfort is work it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
JMRuss, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Monroe, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear AMoodyTraveler,

Thank you for taking a few moments to provide us with your feedback for the Hampton Inn of Monroe, LA. We regret to hear that your stay with us was not a satisfying one. We would like to assure you that our A/C systems are thoroughly cleaned on a routine basis. We do, however, have a paper mill in the Monroe/West Monroe area. The mill generates an odor that effects both cities.

We would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused to you when your key did not work. Management has been notified and we are looking into the matter to have it corrected.

We appreciate your comments and concerns and thank you for your time.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

This hotel may have outdoor entrances but don't let it stop you from staying here! The service was way beyond any that I have received at any other Hampton! Front desk was friendly at check in, room was very clean and the sales manager janie that I met at breakfast was outstanding! My job is relocating me here and we were having a hard time finding a rental and she gave me some great recommendations! Above and beyond Hampton Monroe! Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed April 2013
JMRuss, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Monroe, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Autumnc1978,

Thank you for reviewing the Hampton Inn of Monroe, LA! We truly value your feedback and were delighted that we exceeded your expectations during your stay with us. It is always appreciated when our guests recognize our staff's southern hospitality!

We wish you luck in your future career edeavors and hope to see you again!

Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I know that this is one of the older Hampton properties where the rooms open to the outdoors instead into a hallway. So for a Hampton, this property is average. Friendly enough front desk staff tried to give me the room of my choice late one night when in Monroe with family. I had trouble getting to the hotel since a bridge was out in the front of the hotel being repaired and had to call the front desk for alternate directions to the property. I found the bed linens to be a little crunchier that what I usually see in a Hampton but for the most part, the room was clean and comfortable. The complimentary breakfast seemed to have a good selection and the coffee was fresh and hot.

Room Tip: Parking can be tight especially if you arrive early - try and park next to your room for added safet...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Angel T,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review for the Hampton Inn of Monroe, LA. We were glad to hear that you found the guest room to be clean and comfortable, but regret that the linens felt "a little crunchier" than what you are used to. We would like to reassure you that we use the highest quality products and materials according to our Hilton & Hampton Inn standards. However, your comments will be passed on to the staff and management so that they may be used to help us improve for the future. Thank you for your time, your business, and your feedback. We hope to see you again!

Fax: 318.410.0145

Been to Hampton Inn Monroe? Share your experiences!