“Very Relaxing and Comforting Stay!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #5 of 16 hotels in Monroe
El Dorado, Arkansas
“Very Relaxing and Comforting Stay!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My husband and I went down to Monroe, LA on a Friday nite to attend an event at the Civic Center but before I could go to the event I got very sick with the stomach bug. I was up all nite sick at my stomach. At 12 pm checkout time, I was still very sick and could not ride 1 1/2 hours home to El Dorado, AR. I was originally staying Friday nite only at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott but they had already booked the room I was staying in for Saturday nite. The staff at the TownePlace Suites helped my husband find an available room at the Residence Inn, which was only a short distance down from the TownePlace. The Residence Inn staff had the room ready quickly so that I could be transported from one hotel to the other without delay. The room was nice, clean, very comfortable and made me feel alot better. On Sunday, I was feeling better and could make the trip home, several of the staff inquired about me which made us feel like we were not just a guest because they had not even seen or met me and they were asking about my well being. Even though it was not the best weekend healthwise, the staff and accomodations made it better to be sick away from home. I would highly recommend either of these hotels to stay when in Monroe, LA.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

57 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Great stay. Property is clean and well maintained. Rooms are very clean. The kitchen was very nice & the queen size bed was comfortable. Great suite!! Two tv's. One in living room and one in adjoining bedroom!! Very pleased!! Will stay again!!!

• Stayed April 2013
Fulshear, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I stayed at this property when I took an unexpected trip across northern Louisiana. I booked the room from my phone just hours before my arrival. I found it a little pricey for what it was but not too bad.

The room was a one bedroom suite with a pullout sofa. The bedding was nice and comfortable. Bathroom was clean and well supply. All in all I have no complaints about the room cleanliness or comfort.

The service was very good and very accommodating.

If I have any complaint, it's that my room was on the backside of the property. It was along the train tracks. The noise from the trains all night long was annoying.

So if staying at this property I would suggest trying to obtain a room away from the railroad tracks.

But if I was in the area again most likely I would come back to this property.

• Stayed March 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights on business and have to say, this was not the best experience. The staff is really nice, but they have their hands full making customers happy in a dated hotel. The hallways and rooms smell of age. My sink was clogged. The caulking around the tub was old and moldy. The wall paper was peeling off. The wi-fi was inconsistent. The gym is small but decent although they could use a full set of dumbbells, for some reason they have random sets up to only 30 pounds. But, despite all this, it was relatively clean thanks to the hard working staff. In need of major updates here to stay true to the Marriott name.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Olathe, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Typically when in Monroe I stay at either the Hampton Inn or the TownPlace Suites. TownPlace was not available for this week long stay; therefore, I stayed at the Residence Inn because I wanted to do my own meals. I was working from 5am until 7pm. The staff was excellent. There breakfast area opened at 6am; however, I was leaving before that. Each morning as I got coffee the hostess was setting up the breakfast area and asked if I wanted anything to take with me. Never did; however, the gesture and greeting was appreciated. Never made it back in time for the reception in the evening. My studio was comfortable roomy and I could work from the desk and watch TV (a pet peeve of mine). The kitchenette had a full sized refridgerator and I prepared my meals each night. Overall a great experience that met my needs.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

I spend a good bit of time in hotels. This was my first time staying in a Residence Inn and I almost skipped them due to some of the reviews. Boy, am I glad that I didn't.
When I walked in the door, I was greeted warmly and checked in quickly. During that time, I had the chance to speak briefly with the manager. All my requests were granted. It appears that the rooms facing the railroad tracks are now maybe hearing impaired rooms (just a guess, based on observation of doorbells for those rooms). The room that I stayed in was facing towards the courtyard. I didn't hear any trains during my stay. The pillows were so comfortable and I slept great. There was a comment about the A/C being noisy. I found it quieter than the window (ptac) units that you Find in other hotels.
Their evening "social" is a meal. The food was great and the staff was courteous and helpful. Breakfast was amazing. Plenty of choices for those trying to eat healthy as well as those craving classic breakfast fare. I believe the lady that worked in the dining area is named Bebo. Unique name for a great hostess. She greeted me, made me feel like a special guest in her home.

Looking forward to returning there in a few months.

• Stayed January 2013
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We booked the 2 br family suite for 1 week. Our stay was satisfactory but I left feeling like I wanted more, esp from a brand name like Marriot?

Some minor bugbears:

1) The sofa bed was not very comfortable, so request for a rollaway bed if you are staying for more than one night.

2) Slow water drainage...it was not very nice to be standing in dirty water while you're trying to get clean. Also, the water did not seem to get hot enough, just barely warm.

3) Room ventilation should be better, esp with a kitchen in the premises.

4) Please replace the flowers near the laundry room, there is fungus growing in the vase. Some things just cannot be unseen!

5) The fire alarm went off one night near midnight. I think there was only one hotel staff on duty that night, I wished there was better communication between the hotel and the guests because we were all unsure what to do. Some guests stayed in their room, some returned even before the fire dept arrived...I shudder to think about what if it had been a real emergency.

There were a lot of pluses though

1) Breakfast with Beba! She's lovely, helping you to get juice and waffles, making sure you have a good breakfast. The oatmeal is especially delicious!

2) Just across the carpark from Pecanland Mall. The place looks huge from the outside, but doesn't everything in America? Nice mall with good shopping, the old-fashioned carousel will keep kids entertained. We were there around Christmas so the traffic in the area was quite bad, it was great to be within walking distance of the only mall in Monroe.

3) The suite itself was large and nicely finished, soft linen, plenty of towels. Housekeeping did not come every day though, not sure if this was an oversight or their usual practice.

4) Yes, the hotel is right next to the train tracks, and the trains come by quite often and they are very very long BUT it was barely audible in the room. Unless you are the lightest of lightest sleepers, it really should not bother you.

Room Tip: Request for a rollaway bed instead of the sofa bed