“Comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 16 hotels in Monroe
Canandaigua, NY
“Comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

There for a 4 night stay. Have corporate rate for company staff visiting area, and made a great choice. Nice rooms. Comfortable beds. Like the location. Breakfast service is outstanding, and Beba is an absolute gem. Everyone very nice here. Is around pretty heavy traffic and train tracks, but hear nothing. Nice pool and outdoor area, that even has a netted off basketball area. This place will see much repeat business from company staff and myself.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

58 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Stayed here for a quick one-nighter (checked in at 11PM, out by 7:00AM). Serviceable property at a good price. Caveats: the AC was located in a locked closet in the bedroom - VERY loud. Also my shower wouldn't drain - I never enjoy standing in my own filth. I didn't get to experience much of the hotel, but I'd probably pass next time because of the AC.

• Stayed October 2012
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

It is older than some that I have stayed in, but I thought it was a decent hotel. I travel quite a bit for work and stayed for a week recently at this location. The management staff were just okay, but I was really impressed with the maid service. April was the lady who took care of my room most days. She was incredibily kind and thoughtful. I have never had any one show true customer service like she did during my stay. I liked the over sized suite I was given. The full kitchen is nice also when you are staying for more than a night or two. They do serve a hot, decent breakfast. They also serve dinner, but I ate other places for dinner, so not sure what the quality was like. The only bad thing with this hotel was the train. The hotel is directly across from railroad tracks and active trains. The room would shake and then you would hear what sounds like a tornado. I got used to it and it didn't keep me awake at night, but if you are a light sleeper, this could be an issue. Overall, I really liked the hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Nolanville, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Our unit was very nice and provided a nice rest from our road trip. Close to several restaraunts and a large mall. The evening socials weren't on the same level as the obe in Austin. Overall a very nice place to stop on a long trip.

• Stayed September 2012
USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Stayed at this motel/hotel in early August, 2012. The room had a musky smell, not nearly enough towels, for a longer stay location. "Tried: to get in the pool and hottub/sauna. When walking around the pool, we could visibly see floating hair and other undesirable floating items.... The hottub/sauna had only 1 jet which worked out of 5, the water was cold, not hot and again, floating icky stuff. I guess I would have to say that if there is someone in charge of the pool/hottub area, they are definitely NOT doing their job. It was disgusting..... The room was decent, however, we reserved a 2 queen room and got only a room with 1 bed. The pull-out sofa had mattress was barely better than a thin camping mattress. Overall, this location was disappointing and not up to what I would expect from a Residence Inn chain. Too bad, had possibilities, but nobody making the effort. I would not recommend staying here, especially considering it isn't a cheap stay either. Look further and stay someplace else.

Room Tip: Stay someplace else.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Sarah H, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Monroe, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear DebUSA,
I would like to apologize for your experience at Residence Inn Monroe, LA. This is not a typical guest experience at our hotel. We have addressed your issues with the departments responsible for maintaining these areas and are working on improving. We appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback so we can prevent any others guests from having this same experience. I hope that the next time you are in Monroe, you would consider giving us another chance.
Sarah Heatherly
Sales Manager
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I was In town for a dog show at the Civic Center. Very convenient for the show and dining. The first suite we were in was NOISY! Room 319. It was on the road and RR Track side. There is a train every 2 hours or so all night long! The room was clean as far as everything but cob webs on the ceilings, and the sofa had holes in it. Plus one of the windows in the living area had spider/s living inside it! (double panes) I complained to the front desk about the train noise and they moved us the next morning to a room on the mall side of the hotel. Much quieter! Also much cleaner! The 2nd room was in much better shape all around. Everyone that worked at this hotel was very polite. They had a great breakfast which we took advantage of every morning. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The rooms on the side by the Mall are quieter. There is a train every 2 hours or so and the rooms o...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Arlington, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Place is in desperate need of a face lift. The 1st room we were given was filthy! The sheets had not been changed & there were nail clippings on the floor. The ONLY saving grace was the desk clerk, Donald. He is a gem and tried his very best to fix our accomodations. This is not the Residence Inn we have come to expect. Dirty carpets, falling down shower curtains, and a bathroom fan that sounds like a helicopter in our room! Drive past this one!!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the outside are called "Train" rooms. Noise from the tracks is awful!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Karen A,
Thank you for your feedback on our hotel. On behalf of our staff, I would like to apologize for your experience. We have discussed your issues with the appropriate departments and are working to correct them so that other guests will not have the same experience. If you are in town again, I hope that you would consider giving us another chance.
Sarah Heatherly
Sales Manager

Been to Residence Inn Monroe? Share your experiences!