“Definitely should be better” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #5 of 16 hotels in Monroe
USA
“Definitely should be better”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Stayed at this motel/hotel in early August, 2012. The room had a musky smell, not nearly enough towels, for a longer stay location. "Tried: to get in the pool and hottub/sauna. When walking around the pool, we could visibly see floating hair and other undesirable floating items.... The hottub/sauna had only 1 jet which worked out of 5, the water was cold, not hot and again, floating icky stuff. I guess I would have to say that if there is someone in charge of the pool/hottub area, they are definitely NOT doing their job. It was disgusting..... The room was decent, however, we reserved a 2 queen room and got only a room with 1 bed. The pull-out sofa had mattress was barely better than a thin camping mattress. Overall, this location was disappointing and not up to what I would expect from a Residence Inn chain. Too bad, had possibilities, but nobody making the effort. I would not recommend staying here, especially considering it isn't a cheap stay either. Look further and stay someplace else.

Room Tip: Stay someplace else.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Sarah H, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Monroe, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear DebUSA,
I would like to apologize for your experience at Residence Inn Monroe, LA. This is not a typical guest experience at our hotel. We have addressed your issues with the departments responsible for maintaining these areas and are working on improving. We appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback so we can prevent any others guests from having this same experience. I hope that the next time you are in Monroe, you would consider giving us another chance.

57 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I was In town for a dog show at the Civic Center. Very convenient for the show and dining. The first suite we were in was NOISY! Room 319. It was on the road and RR Track side. There is a train every 2 hours or so all night long! The room was clean as far as everything but cob webs on the ceilings, and the sofa had holes in it. Plus one of the windows in the living area had spider/s living inside it! (double panes) I complained to the front desk about the train noise and they moved us the next morning to a room on the mall side of the hotel. Much quieter! Also much cleaner! The 2nd room was in much better shape all around. Everyone that worked at this hotel was very polite. They had a great breakfast which we took advantage of every morning. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The rooms on the side by the Mall are quieter. There is a train every 2 hours or so and the rooms o...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Arlington, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Place is in desperate need of a face lift. The 1st room we were given was filthy! The sheets had not been changed & there were nail clippings on the floor. The ONLY saving grace was the desk clerk, Donald. He is a gem and tried his very best to fix our accomodations. This is not the Residence Inn we have come to expect. Dirty carpets, falling down shower curtains, and a bathroom fan that sounds like a helicopter in our room! Drive past this one!!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the outside are called "Train" rooms. Noise from the tracks is awful!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Karen A,
Thank you for your feedback on our hotel. On behalf of our staff, I would like to apologize for your experience. We have discussed your issues with the appropriate departments and are working to correct them so that other guests will not have the same experience. If you are in town again, I hope that you would consider giving us another chance.
arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

Working in Monroe and have been staying here since February. Hotel and rooms are clean and I have no complaints. Pecanland Mall and a variety of good eating places are literally within a minutes drive. All of the staff are friendly and helpful but I will call 3 of them out in particular as ambassadors for this hotel. Allyson, Bobbi and Beba. Thankyou for making my stay a good one.

• Stayed February 2012
Alexandria, VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Based on like chain hotel. Very disappointing Residence Inn...usually these are pretty nice places to stay. However, the carpet in the 'living area' of the suite around the kitchen area was pulled, ripping and really dirty. The bed was really uncomfortable. And, it was really noisy all night.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel. I am sorry your expectations were not met. We do hope that you will give us another opportunity if you are in our area again.
OKC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

I’ve been coming to Monroe to work at the airport a couple of times a year for the last few years. The first time I stayed at a nearby Hampton Inn…it was OK…until I discovered there were Marriott’s closer to the airport and next to the areas only indoor shopping Mall. They had a Courtyard and Residence Inn within a hundred yard of each other. Until this trip I was never able to get into the Residence and had to settle for the Courtyard which was fine. It certainly was good for the area but I like having the full kitchen capability that comes with a Residence Inn if I can get it.

Since my last visit to the area Marriott added a third hotel near the others…I believe they call that new one the Town Park Suites or something like that…at any rate it might have syphoned off some of the lodgers from the Residence as I was finally able to get a reservation and I wasn’t disappointed. The room…a one bedroom suite was clean and well ordered as I’ve come to expect from a Residence. The common areas were laid out in their own unique pattern which was perfectly nice. Breakfast was good and well attended by a very pleasant hostess. The exercise room which I used habitually was on the small size…but well ventilated, clean, and furnished with decent equipment.

My only gripe…and if you’ve seen any of my other reviews you know this one…is the internet speed which is hardly up to the “high speed” billing. This is really typical for most hotels I find…even Marriott’s which are by far my favorite chain. I mentioned this to this hotels manager in my hotel critique and he called me by phone very shortly thereafter to tell me they were actually laying fiber optics to the hotel which should significantly improve their bandwidth. I hope they do that with all Marriott’s and then I won’t have anything to gripe at.

Even though there is a new Marriott as I mentioned previously in the area…I plan on making this Residence my future base of operations the next time I’m in town…providing I can snag a room.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012 via mobile

I happened to stumble across this hotel by chance and wow am I grateful I did. Every staff member is amazing! They seem to all learn your name over night and remember your preferences! The rates are fair. The hotel is clean! They serve a free full breakfast 7 days a week and a free dinner Monday Tuesday and Wednesday. I have seen on other review sites that the train across the street is bothersome but I did not find that to be the case at all. I am a platinum Marriott member and stay about 150 plus nights a year in a hotel and this one is by far my favorite!

• Stayed April 2012

Been to Residence Inn Monroe? Share your experiences!