“Not bad for a 14 year hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #6 of 16 hotels in Monroe
New York
“Not bad for a 14 year hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

The staff was full of life and very kind. Next to the townplace suites and the residence inn. All managed by the same company. The air conditioner in the hotel was noisy. They serve Starbucks. Hotel lobby is relatively new. Bathrooms need a little help. Plenty off place to eat nearby.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Renee T, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Monroe Airport, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We at Courtyard Monroe strive on a daily basis to make improvements so that when our guest leave, they will always want to come back. We are excited about the changes that are taking place at Courtyard Monroe. We always want our guests to share their experiences with us because that's how we make implement improvements to make their next visit a more pleasant one.

74 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Haslet, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Hot water, clean sheets, breakfast sandwich was good. AC was so so! the case of the ac was ajar in room 205# and i had to play with the switch to keep it cool.I got to hang out with family in the lobby and everyone was kind

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Mr. Haslett: Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We at Courtyard strive on a daily basis to make improvements and it's reviews from our guests that inspire us to do everything possible to insure that our guest have a relaxing and enjoyable stay at our property. Always feel free to contact us at any time if you have questions or issues. We welcome any and all feedback.
Wilmot, Arkansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

Come and visit this hotel for your business needs and sports activities! They are family friendly and love the locals too. The bar is so good for all your wants and wishes and the rooms are wonderful and clean. This is a special city with so many good restaurants and activities for families. Enjoy every minute of yur stay here!,,

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you very much for this wonderful review. It is Courtyard Monroe's goal each and every day to ensure that our guests have a pleasant and enjoyable stay. We look forward to seeing you again.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Hard to believe after 170 nights last year ~ most of which were in Marriott, this stay was disappointing. My first complaint, and yes I'm going to sound like a snob (or a baby), as a platinum member I always request and usually get the top floor....nope, 2nd floor. Ok I could deal with it until the person about seemed to be playing basketball. To top off my night, the people across the hall allowed their 3 year old to run the halls screaming "you gotta wear out". The room was not as clean as I am accustomed too, the window seemed to be closed and locked but it had a nice air draft coming in. Just didn't feel like a good marriott experience. Changed hotels for my next nights stay.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Renee T, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Monroe Airport, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to respond to our guest survey. We value our guests response because it helps us to make changes where needed to ensure that each and every guest that enters Courtyard Monroe leaves with a pleasant and enjoyable stay. I sincerely hope that when you are back in Monroe, LA that you will stay with us again and see the significant changes that have been brought about. Always feel free to contact me whether by phone or email to let me know how we can better ourselves to be more accommodating.

Respectfully,
Renee Tull, AGM
Courtyard Monroe
(318)388-0034
Reneet@intermountainhotels.com
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights. With a discount since a family member works for Marriott in another state. They changed staff since the last time I stayed here. And its going to shambles. Carpets stained like crazy. The nightstand drawer kept opening because the base is tilted. Shower curtain rod was falling down. And to top it off, I Came in late night and my key didn't work. So I couldn't open the front entrance. The night desk staff was no where. I had to go to another Marriott across the way to see id they could call someone, she couldn't get a hold of the anyone. 30~40min later going back and forth, One of the other guests open the front for me. And finally the lady got downstairs, saying she was helping someone make their bed? I'm fine with helping, but 30min of making a bed? Leave a note In The front with a reachable number or something. She then copped a terrible attitude to me and my other guest. Like somehow I'm supposed to be okay with walking around at 3 a.m. outside when I want to go to the room I've pay for? For the several times I've stayed here, my keys been deactivated at random times. If it wasn't for the discount I wouldn't have bothered trying to stay here one last time. Save yourself the hassle, go to the other Marriott's next door and spend the extra $10. At the very least they include breakfast...

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you for your review. We, like every other hotel have problems from time to time, but we at Courtyard Monroe strives on a daily basis to make improvements for the better of our guests and for the hotel as a whole. I am sincerely sorry that you were unhappy during your stay with us and I hope that you will please give us another chance in the future to accommodate your needs in a more professional manner. Always feel free to contact us directly with any issues and we will be most happy to visit with you.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

The staff was very friendly and I enjoyed my stay. The first morning I went to make coffee in the room. No cups. I open the refrigerator and noticed a slice of pizza and a to go box. I also noticed trash behind dresser (coffee pod, shampoo bottle, etc). I advised the front desk as I was leaving for work that morning by giving her a list of the 3 issues. When I arrived that afternoon the food was still in the refrigerator. The other two issues were resolved. Not sure where the communication breakdown was. Will probably stay here again. I'm sure this was just an oversight.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time out to do a review of our property. I am so sorry for these issues and I assure you, they have been dealt with and improvements are being made on a daily basis. I sincerely hope that you will give us at Courtyard Monroe another chance in the future to show you that we are proud to be a part of Marriott and we strive daily to enhance and implement plans that will be for the betterment of our guests.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

We were in town to visit family and attend a funeral. We were here for two nights and were well taken care of. The bathroom could use some updating and the lighting was terrible. It was a tad noisy but we've had worse in other places. The food is tasty but is over priced. Pool and workout facility was nice to have. Personnel extremely nice and helpful!! We were disappointed to find our room not cleaned by the time we returned from the funeral about 2pm when we had left at 9am that morning. Would stay again if needed.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It is from guests like yourself that we at Courtyard Monroe strive to make improvements to ensure that our guests have a pleasant and enjoyable stay. I am sincerely sorry for any inconveniences you encountered especially during a difficult time as a funeral. I sincerely hope that when you visit Monroe, LA again that you will afford us the opportunity to make your accommodations a more pleasant one. Always feel free to contact us at Courtyard Monroe at anytime, whether with a complaint or positive ideas that we can implement to ensure guests satisfaction.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Monroe Airport? Share your experiences!